Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sill no Access?!

Coyotecalls
12.16.2011 , 06:57 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Mournelithe View Post
No your wrong again EA kool aid carrier. To the OP, I agree with you completely. Where I am sitting right now I see no reason for that fee. The only justification I saw in it was the early access on the 15th as was boldly put forth. Now that the 15th has come and is just about gone that preaccess thing seems to me to be only a way to bait me into prepurchasing it for an EXTRA fee. Exactly what did that fee buy me?

Right now the only thing its buying me is immense frustration at not being able to join my guildmates. From where I sit, I would rather have the certainty of an access date and keep my money. I don't need to pay extra fees to be frustrated, I don't need to pay extra fees to have my hopes get dashed each day, and I certainly see no need to pay extra fees in order to play a mere couple of hours before those who do not pay that early access fee after the release.
Kinda have to agree. This is really very, very lame. Especially for the people who pre-ordered and then got "Lost" like I did. I paid money for early access then you lost my early access and send me an email on 12/13 saying 'Oops! We'll put you back in the queue."
That's like saying, "You paid for the front row seats to this concert but OOPS! We made a mistake, here, have some seats in the nose-bleed section!" I want my five dollars back.
Wow, reading some of these posts, it's amazing we can actually function as a society at all...
~Livingston, SWTOR Forums.

Tadins
12.16.2011 , 07:01 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Coyotecalls View Post
Kinda have to agree. This is really very, very lame. Especially for the people who pre-ordered and then got "Lost" like I did. I paid money for early access then you lost my early access and send me an email on 12/13 saying 'Oops! We'll put you back in the queue."
That's like saying, "You paid for the front row seats to this concert but OOPS! We made a mistake, here, have some seats in the nose-bleed section!" I want my five dollars back.
First off, the 5$ wasn't for the early access, its just a bonus.
Then, using your example, it'd be like they made a mistake, and then you waited for some hours before them coming to talk to you.

Beucko
12.16.2011 , 07:15 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Mournelithe View Post
No your wrong again EA kool aid carrier. To the OP, I agree with you completely. Where I am sitting right now I see no reason for that fee. The only justification I saw in it was the early access on the 15th as was boldly put forth. Now that the 15th has come and is just about gone that preaccess thing seems to me to be only a way to bait me into prepurchasing it for an EXTRA fee. Exactly what did that fee buy me?
You do realize that those $5 you paid will be subtracted from what you have to pay for the game, right? There are no extra fees.
You pay $5 which you later get taken off your price for your copy in order to reserve the game. That's it.

In NO way has Bioware ever stated that everyone would get all 5 days of early access. They always said it would be first come, first serve. Why else do you think people woke up at 2 AM on the 21st of July just to pre-order if they weren't going to get in first anyway?
ELDER Kazran Varn :: ZEROł :: STAR WARS: THE OLD REPUBLIC