Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sill no Access?!

Quaxo
12.15.2011 , 09:25 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Coyotecalls View Post
Don't think you got screwed just because you ordered the physical product. Those of us who ordered the digital product got screwed over too. I got an email from a bot on 12/13 saying basically, "Oops, we lost your place in the line! We'll put you back in the pre-order queue today!" so I pre-ordered the deluxe edition and got totally hosed by the fail database managers. How the **** do you "Lose" thousands of people's pre-reg codes?

Maybe someone spilled Mt.Dew on the server rack.
I ordered the DDE as well on Dec. 2 and entered my code the same day. No issues here. Not doubting you, just saying it wasn't all of us.

TalkingTail
12.15.2011 , 09:30 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Quaxo View Post
Surprised the rest aren't in. I pre-ordered Dec. 2 and I got my invite today.
I'm assuming that the rest of us late comers will be receiving an email soon then...I unfortunately was unable to purchase it until about a week and a half ago. :P Lamesauce.

Quaxo
12.15.2011 , 09:33 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by TalkingTail View Post
I'm assuming that the rest of us late comers will be receiving an email soon then...I unfortunately was unable to purchase it until about a week and a half ago. :P Lamesauce.
I was exactly two weeks ago, if you're a week and a half, you'll probably get invited in the first wave tomorrow.

TalkingTail
12.15.2011 , 09:38 PM | #24
I was exactly two weeks ago, if you're a week and a half, you'll probably get invited in the first wave tomorrow.

That's what I'm hoping...come home from work and crawl all over my computer like a hungry lizard? I like this plan. Shame on you money, for holding me back! *shakes fist*

Coyotecalls
12.15.2011 , 09:39 PM | #25
I ordered the DDE as well on Dec. 2 and entered my code the same day. No issues here. Not doubting you, just saying it wasn't all of us.

Yeah, I don't know how I got to be the lucky guy who got hosed over but they have been making me pissed non-stop since this whole thing started. first they invite me to Beta then put me in the last wave of players.

They then removed one of my posts because I told someone who asked for something completely impossible that it was not technically feasible to implement. In reply they removed the post for "Highjacking the thread." then when I asked why, they replied with the line I made into my signature.

Now they send me this email about losing my pre-reg... I mean, geeze.
They are lucky they have a good game or they would have already lost me as a customer.
This has been the single worse game launch in all of the history of game launches.
Wow, reading some of these posts, it's amazing we can actually function as a society at all...
~Livingston, SWTOR Forums.

TalkingTail
12.15.2011 , 09:41 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Coyotecalls View Post
They are lucky they have a good game or they would have already lost me as a customer.
This has been the single worse game launch in all of the history of game launches.
Wasn't vanilla WoW an absolute mess though too? And Aion was ok...but...not great. :P

Quaxo
12.15.2011 , 09:43 PM | #27
Wasn't vanilla WoW an absolute mess though too? And Aion was ok...but...not great. :P
That's the thing people don't realize. Games, especially MMOs, rarely have a smooth launch.

Coyotecalls
12.15.2011 , 09:47 PM | #28

Yes, Vanilla WoW was a nightmare but it was a nightmare because of technical issues with the game server and the massive players. SWTOR has all those issues and possibly the worse management I have ever seen. The customer service reps are trying to resolve things and their bosses are tying their hands. You can tell from the posts they want to do more, they -could- do more but they are not allowed to.

People at the top of the chain of command seem to have no clue what is going on so they are impeding the people who could actually make things work.

I'm not sure what kind of experience the management teams have with game development but if you want to get your product out on time, you don't work 9-5. You work until you can't stay awaken then you sleep and you get up and you work some more until it's done. This is how you get **** done. They don't even seem to be letting people volunteer for overtime. Do they really think they won't make up the cost of the overtime post launch? Money grubbing morons in management are just making things worse.

Clueless people stopping useful people from being useful, AKA: Bureaucracy.
Wow, reading some of these posts, it's amazing we can actually function as a society at all...
~Livingston, SWTOR Forums.

motheius
12.15.2011 , 09:57 PM | #29
That's the thing people don't realize. Games, especially MMOs, rarely have a smooth launch.
I was going to say this, however given that there have been so many MMOs, it seems lessons are not being learned. You need to hire a competent IT staff and not poo on them when they tell you that in order to support x clients, we need y IT schwag.

Mournelithe
12.15.2011 , 10:07 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Byzarro View Post
Wrong again, this has been covered so much already.
No your wrong again EA kool aid carrier. To the OP, I agree with you completely. Where I am sitting right now I see no reason for that fee. The only justification I saw in it was the early access on the 15th as was boldly put forth. Now that the 15th has come and is just about gone that preaccess thing seems to me to be only a way to bait me into prepurchasing it for an EXTRA fee. Exactly what did that fee buy me?

Right now the only thing its buying me is immense frustration at not being able to join my guildmates. From where I sit, I would rather have the certainty of an access date and keep my money. I don't need to pay extra fees to be frustrated, I don't need to pay extra fees to have my hopes get dashed each day, and I certainly see no need to pay extra fees in order to play a mere couple of hours before those who do not pay that early access fee after the release.