Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sill no Access?!

motheius
12.15.2011 , 07:20 PM | #1
Hi,

It is now Dec 15th and I was under the impression this was the day that *all* per-registered people would be allowed access. This however has not been the case and smells like Bait and Switch to me.

Byzarro
12.15.2011 , 07:23 PM | #2
Wrong again, this has been covered so much already.

Baon
12.15.2011 , 07:23 PM | #3
Atleast you arent under the misconception that you can log in and get to play the game lag free and queue free. If you could get in you'd probably just sit there staring at the queue for a couple hours, where as in your current state you have no obligation to so you can go live a life.

motheius
12.15.2011 , 07:26 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Byzarro View Post
Wrong again, this has been covered so much already.
And how would I be wrong again? This is the first post I have on the subject so you are grossly mis-informed. Have others posted, I certainly hope so...

When I ordered, I didn't see anything that said it would be rolling like the order page says now. So, I still call Bait and Switch.

motheius
12.15.2011 , 07:27 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Baon View Post
Atleast you arent under the misconception that you can log in and get to play the game lag free and queue free. If you could get in you'd probably just sit there staring at the queue for a couple hours, where as in your current state you have no obligation to so you can go live a life.

Nah, if there was a queue, I'd just log off. I am perfectly happy to do other things then sit at the computer, which I do for 8+ hours a day for work...

hhrswe
12.15.2011 , 07:27 PM | #6
Apparently the early game access is only if you did the digital pre-order...

Here I sit as a chump, picked up my Collector's Edition today which I pre-order AND paid in August as soon as it was available and still will be in the last wave because they count it from today.

It sucks to pay a premium and not be treated as a premium customer. Not the end of the world, but was really excited to start playing today. =/

Lysico
12.15.2011 , 07:29 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by hhrswe View Post

Here I sit as a chump, picked up my Collector's Edition today which I pre-order AND paid in August as soon as it was available and still will be in the last wave because they count it from today.

It sucks to pay a premium and not be treated as a premium customer. Not the end of the world, but was really excited to start playing today. =/
Wrong..

We ordered my daughter a boxed copy for under the x-mas tree from Gamestop and she already has her early access (course she is not allowed to play till x-mas so moot point)

motheius
12.15.2011 , 07:30 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by hhrswe View Post

Here is sit as a chump picked-up my Collector's Edition today which I pre-order AND paid in August as soon as it was available and still will be in the last wave because they count it from today.

Agreed about the treatment!

I did the digital download thing. Very happy not to drive to a store, wait in line and buy a box....

Aieny
12.15.2011 , 07:45 PM | #9
The advertising has always been that could get up to 5 days early. There was never a guarantee that everyone would get 5 days access, and they've also stated in the advertising that the earlier you redeemed your pre-order code, the earlier you would get into the Early Game Access program.

It's unfortunate that you were unaware of these stipulations, but BioWare has, nonetheless, kept to the terms of their advertising. As of this point, nearly all pre-orders through November are in the Early Game Access, and tomorrow I imagine everyone else should be into the game.

motheius
12.15.2011 , 08:15 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Aieny View Post
The advertising has always been that could get up to 5 days early. There was never a guarantee that everyone would get 5 days access, and they've also stated in the advertising that the earlier you redeemed your pre-order code, the earlier you would get into the Early Game Access program.

It's unfortunate that you were unaware of these stipulations, but BioWare has, nonetheless, kept to the terms of their advertising. As of this point, nearly all pre-orders through November are in the Early Game Access, and tomorrow I imagine everyone else should be into the game.
I disagree, the early order access did not have the same verbiage today as it previously had.

I find it unfortunate that Bioware has to resort to hiding their stipulations in poorly constructed CSS, but that's their problem.

I ordered the game in mid-nov. No Luck yet....