Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hood down toggle confirmed!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Hood down toggle confirmed!

Noviere
02.18.2012 , 04:35 AM | #11
This is great news! Kind of makes me want to play another character until it happens though... I believe they said that 1.2 is coming in March, and since this won't be in 1.2... April-May at the earliest?

Bah... I need to stop being negative. It's coming, and that's all that matters!

Merwanor
02.18.2012 , 05:47 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by YoshiRaphElan View Post
I haven't gotten a hood yet...but I guess this is good? I like hoods. But the option to have it up/down is definitely a good idea.
When you do get a hooded armor, you will probably never see your hair again. I am happy they are actually going to implement a hood toggle. I cancelled my sub this month because of this issue and will not return until it is fixed. I like the hoods to, but not all the time and especially not when I partake in cutscenes.
The Dark Side of the Force is the pathway to many abilities some consider to be… Unnatural.

mois
02.18.2012 , 08:52 AM | #13
Great news!
Although.. erm.. i'm a twi'lek

ShockSJW
02.18.2012 , 10:56 AM | #14
When this is added and the shelf-butt issue is fixed, I'll love my JK all the more.

NiklasWB
02.18.2012 , 06:37 PM | #15
I'm so freaking happy now! Not only because they confirmed that we will get the hood up/down option fairly soon, but also becuase they picked my verion of the question to post in the Q&A. I know, vanity, but yeah, I'm happy.

Quote:
NiklasWB: When will you make it possible for Force-using characters to pull up/down their hoods on their robes?

Damion Schubert: This is in the works now. It won't be in Game Update 1.2, but should get done in the next major update after that. And yes, we will extend this functionality to your Force-slinging companions as well.
Oh, and Kira will be able to show off her hairstyle again as well! Awesome!

Janrek
02.18.2012 , 07:07 PM | #16
This confirmation was all I needed to stop my QQ'ing. Life is good indeed.

YoshiRaphElan
02.18.2012 , 07:35 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Merwanor View Post
When you do get a hooded armor, you will probably never see your hair again. I am happy they are actually going to implement a hood toggle. I cancelled my sub this month because of this issue and will not return until it is fixed. I like the hoods to, but not all the time and especially not when I partake in cutscenes.
Well, I do like my hair...

Modru
02.19.2012 , 04:25 AM | #18
id rather they fix jedi knights horrible looking gear first. i mean seriously. i dont' want my guardian looking like a fricken power ranger samurai.

peterpangelo
02.22.2012 , 03:05 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Argolisk View Post

Damion Schubert: This is in the works now. It won't be in Game Update 1.2, but should get done in the next major update after that. And yes, we will extend this functionality to your Force-slinging companions as well.
I'm also ecstatic over this. Now, let's start splitting hairs: he says the next major update after 1.2... all signs point to that being 1.3, but could it possible be as soon as 1.2.1?? I know, I'm getting too antsy :P

Dyylan, <Guardianes de la Paz> - Trask Ulgo, (Euro RP)

Goretzu
02.22.2012 , 05:41 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Xarec View Post
Whilst many will just say "Why are they focusing on this when there's X issue needs sorting ffs" but I for one am pleased with this development
This isn't a game bug or balance issue, for sure, however it's a massive flavour issue. This will genuinely help people be more satisfied with their characters.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1