Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Fun science: How to make a lightsaber

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Fun science: How to make a lightsaber

Lolliipopp
12.29.2011 , 04:59 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by x_ares_x View Post
The key to building a Lightsaber is not found in a crystal, nor is it known by Kaku or any mere mortal man. It is known by the diety known only as Battlebug, and I quote... "can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out."
LMAO! I remember that! Oh my god i laughed my *** off.
| i5-2500k @ 4.3 GHz | NH-D14 | P67 Sabertooth | 2x4GB Kingston HyperX Blu | GTX 560ti | 2x Kingston HyperX 240GB SSD in RAID 0 | BitFenix Shinobi | ASUS Xonar Essence One DAC | Prodipe Pro5 |

austringer
12.29.2011 , 11:05 AM | #32
Give me a Kzinti Variable Sword! Easier to make and cuts through just about anything!

Sylentmana
12.29.2011 , 03:46 PM | #34
I read in a science magazine that it is possible to make a blade out of light similar to a lightsaber. The problem is, in order to generate the blade, it would require a power pack the size of a room and the blade would generate so much heat that any person in the area, let alone someone trying to hold it, would be incinerated.

jarjarloves
12.29.2011 , 04:18 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Sylentmana View Post
I read in a science magazine that it is possible to make a blade out of light similar to a lightsaber. The problem is, in order to generate the blade, it would require a power pack the size of a room and the blade would generate so much heat that any person in the area, let alone someone trying to hold it, would be incinerated.
of course it's possible to create a blade that can instnaly cut through everything however to make something that has all the features of a light saber is impossible.

SSBB_Fanboy
12.30.2011 , 08:17 PM | #36
By the way, to see the whole thing, link is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSNub...eature=related

He explains how to get the laser to stop and how to get the energy for it, etc.
Must be the ! ! !

Idunhavaname
12.30.2011 , 08:26 PM | #37
Watched it already and it's not a lightsaber but more of a flaming plasma sword.

RIP orange pixel

jarjarloves
12.30.2011 , 11:13 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by SSBB_Fanboy View Post
By the way, to see the whole thing, link is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSNub...eature=related

He explains how to get the laser to stop and how to get the energy for it, etc.

yeah he has no idea what he is talking about. Sure its a blade that can cut through things however it is not a light saber.

the entire idea of using a magnetic field is just a huge flaw.

terraXquake
01.15.2012 , 01:37 PM | #39
meta materials, such as glass receptors have the ability to decelerate and compact/expand light around an object or in a space under 1 meter^2. this process creates extreme heat and also contains or hides the light in or from the area. if you use a second object with a high melting point and use meta materials in a parabola that focuses on the second object, you can contain and generate heat that would heat the area around the object, creating the effect of a lightsaber as well as the "glow"

mminczes
01.15.2012 , 06:31 PM | #40
Lightsabers aren't lasers people