Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pvp medals cap? (rant and questions)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Pvp medals cap? (rant and questions)

Shogunjedi
02.17.2012 , 07:56 PM | #1
I wanna know how *********** thing works.

Voidstar got 7 medals on defense.

Then we attacked smashed defenses and won , took about 3 min , i taunted ,killed and did best damage in warzone (at level 30).

0 Medals. None, 7 for defense and 0 for attack.

I should have at least gotten quickdraw medals or defense or something. I dont know, but it pisses me off.

P.S I am not even saying anything about grappling people into acid pool/ fire pit.

I do it at least 10 times during Hutball match. No rewards there, just a bunch of angry people focus firing powertech every chance they get.

Bool****.

Jestunhi
02.17.2012 , 07:57 PM | #2
You know that if you mouse-over the medals at the end of the match you can see which medals you got and what you did to get them?
Quote: Originally Posted by AlyxDinas View Post
Jestunhi's responses might be just about the the most asinine and pigheaded responses I've ever read on a forum.

Moosestick
02.17.2012 , 08:08 PM | #3
...i dont think you understand how the medal system works. it is medals for the entire match, not just for defense then offense.

you played defense first and got all the easy ones, second round you have to work to get the harder ones(300k damage instead of 75k)

Shogunjedi
02.17.2012 , 08:20 PM | #4
Maybe i dont understand thats why i am asking u.

I was under impression that u can get unlimited number of assasin and quickdraw medals.

Oh and MPV system sucks as well. I usually get nominated but in this Hutball match having most number of medals and 2nd best damage i didnt get a single mvp vote.
Guess its because my guildies werent there. Thats bs , why not make system that automatically assignes MVP to top 3 players.

Sorry for grammar , typing in a hurry.

Zocat
02.17.2012 , 08:37 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Shogunjedi View Post
Maybe i dont understand thats why i am asking u.

I was under impression that u can get unlimited number of assasin and quickdraw medals.

Oh and MPV system sucks as well. I usually get nominated but in this Hutball match having most number of medals and 2nd best damage i didnt get a single mvp vote.
Guess its because my guildies werent there. Thats bs , why not make system that automatically assignes MVP to top 3 players.

Sorry for grammar , typing in a hurry.
1. your impression was just wrong
You only get 1 type of medal the entire match (offense & defense combined).
So only 1 quick draw medal, only 1 assassin medal.
Combined (off & def) damage/healing/prot for those medals.

2. "Top 3" players. Top 3 what? Medals? Healing? Damage?
The thing is - if one guy was defending a single tower in alderaan the whole match (without anyone attacking it) - he WAS important. But he only got 2 medals (1k def, 3k def) out of it.
So why not give the people who realized his importance the chance to reward him?
Even with the MVP votes he will receive far less than the guy with most medals.

pinkfreudHC
02.17.2012 , 08:38 PM | #6
I wish they really DID cap medals, that way Farming would be pointless after a while.