Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is SWTOR Failing?

reaperkeepet
02.17.2012 , 06:10 PM | #1
Just curious. Everywhere I go everyone HATES the game. In the Like/Dislike thread, 60 - 70 % of the people say they hate the game and unsubbed. I like the game, but has the population dropped from SWTOR?
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth Baras
The cake is a lie, there is only pie, through pie I gain calories, through calories I gain fat, through fat my belt is broken, the recliner shal free me...

Bizwolf
02.17.2012 , 06:15 PM | #2
Alexa is horrible at rankings when they are +100,000 but below that, they are a good indicator.

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/swtor.com#

You will see huge traffic to the site on days something happened. Beta, release, 1.1, and so on but you can see it's declining every day

Then for kicks, do battle.net and you will see steady which is kind of shocking but that's what you want, not swtor's graph.

Swtor will jump up on 1.2 again but you can tell it's going down and they need to act pretty fast.

Karasuko
02.17.2012 , 06:15 PM | #3
Alot of people brought the game and had totally unreal expectations of it.
Once they realised this they dropped it.
Also alot of the ADHD crowd had to get into the FOTM before crawling back to what they know.
Its no suprise that numbers have dropped.

Its my hope that the numbers actually stabilise,they merge or crunch down some servers and that they keep it up.

I like this game.

JansanRuno
02.17.2012 , 06:16 PM | #4
93% of those here in the forum and everywhere rate the game 8-10. They just are not as vocal. The beta forums looked the same with the haters posting a lot. But we could do polls in the beta forums. Polls showed out the members really felt.

The haters hate polls because they only get one vote. I wish BW would let us do them again here because it would show just how popular the game is .... even here.

MarmicMocius
02.17.2012 , 06:18 PM | #5
It's way too early to form an educated opinion on the health of the game long term. Plus forums like this are a notoriously bad place to go if you want an honest opinion on an MMO. Are you having fun? That should be the real question.

If you are having fun then keep playing, and you need not worry about if the game is "failing" or not, because you can be absolutely positive that it will not be disappearing anytime in the near future.

-- edit, spelling.

Mogsters
02.17.2012 , 06:19 PM | #7
almost 100 ppl in my guild, no one online.

I love Bioware but they failed on this one.

Jimudthesecond
02.17.2012 , 06:19 PM | #8
www.mmo-junkies.net/statistics I think I put it in right (on phone) That will answer your question bro.

Explosive_Lasers
02.17.2012 , 06:23 PM | #9
Same deal for every game in existence, ever.

WoW was WAY worse at launch, and there were hundreds of 'WoW will die' threads on the WoW forums after launch, and on the EQ forums before launch.

It's the norm, and it doesn't represent anything.

What does represent something is the fact that TOR has the highest retention rate of any MMO in the first two months (85%), and has the second largest subscriber base.
"Bet you heard we ain't in the pris'ner takin' bisness. We in the killin' Imperial bisness." -Me, before every Warzone

Quote: Originally Posted by Kabjat View Post
Explosive, you always make so much sense. And here as well you do not disappoint.

WombatDazzler
02.17.2012 , 06:24 PM | #10
Seem to be going fine to me.

Once the OZ servers open up, several of my mates will be onboard also.