Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sages/Sorcs running rampant in WZs help BW?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Sages/Sorcs running rampant in WZs help BW?

Rallic
02.17.2012 , 07:33 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by kardiamond View Post
On our server, about 75% of 50s Empire player are Assassin/Sorcerer.

It's getting ridicoulus. I don't know if they are OP or something, but it would be cool to change that. Make the other class more appealing so I don't have to fight the same bubble guy over and over!
Ya how cool would it be to force others to lay what your told them to. So that you can fight what you you won't. I mean its not like what they like to play matters so long as you get what you wont.

Zellata
02.17.2012 , 07:35 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Culdor View Post
So one, one button wonder class is ************ about another one?

I have no idea if sorc/sage is OP or not, what I know is that no class be in sage/sorc, merc/commando should spend the majority of their pvp spamming one single button because that ability is so effective there is no reason to use anything else. We all have 4 hotbars full of skills for a reason, time to make the easy mode classes use them.
Roll a sorc and you'll realize why we spam force lightning. Hint - it has nothing to do with damage FL does (which is mediocre at best).

Perkysaurus
02.17.2012 , 07:37 PM | #23
I thought the imps only had 2 classes sorc and BH. This is hardly news I have seen the standard assortment of 6 sorcs and 2 bh since launch. Funny thing though one button classes still dont help if you suck. And your healers can not heal stupid.

Sosajoshua
02.17.2012 , 07:41 PM | #24
Lol as a DPS Sorc myself i find that Sages actually are one of the few challenges i face in PvP. Still for me, a sorc, im usually top 4 eah PvP mainly because of kills and damage. I can cast slow, affliction, and crushing darkness then lighting on a aingle foe or use death field and force storm for crowd control
<A Wretched Hive> Jedi Covenant Rhaegis, Madness Sorcerer / Youngdragon, Advanced Proto-tech / Kha'leesi, Engineering Sniper / Dragonbane, Vengence Juggernaut

kardiamond
02.17.2012 , 08:05 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Rallic View Post
Ya how cool would it be to force others to lay what your told them to. So that you can fight what you you won't. I mean its not like what they like to play matters so long as you get what you wont.
You might want to re-read what I wrote.

Make, other, class, more, appealing?

You know? I didn't say anything about forcing someone? Just give us cool aobut other class so we see more diversity in the game!

Valcore
02.17.2012 , 08:07 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by PalawaJoko View Post
Here's what you do:

1) Roll a Jedi Knight/ Sith Warrior
2) Learn to play one
3) ????????????????????????????????????????
4) Dead sorcs.
^^ This is a true story
PVP Happens...
----
www.liquidswords.org

meshade
02.17.2012 , 08:09 PM | #27
Here's what you do:

2) Learn to play one
4) Dead sorcs.
Here is what happens:

1) you roll a JK//SW
2) learn to play one
3) 6 sorcs on opposing team force lightning your *** to oblivion when you dare to force charge
4) ???????????????????????????????????
5) your guide sucks
It burns, it rips, it hurts

Dudious
02.17.2012 , 08:12 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by meshade View Post
Here is what happens:

1) you roll a JK//SW
2) learn to play one
3) 6 sorcs on opposing team force lightning your *** to oblivion when you dare to force charge
5) your guide sucks
You're expecting to win 1v6?

kristoffbrujah
02.17.2012 , 08:13 PM | #29
Here's what you do:

2) Learn to play one
4) Dead sorcs.
This, and I'm a sorc.

Marauders eat us fro breakfast too. Stealth/leap attack + perma stunlock + insane dps = dead sorcerer.

Also Operatives, if they focus on me, can do it. I had a Scoundrel farming me like a trash mob in Voidstar, and there was absolutely nothing I could do about it. What can I do to mitigate his stealth and burst? Not much considering I don't ever know when he's coming. My sorc has to rely on teammates to protect me from those classes and even then I need a guard up on me. And I'm a healer, but I can't heal through a geared Marauder's burst.

So please, just stop.

Quote: Originally Posted by meshade View Post
Here is what happens:

1) you roll a JK//SW
2) learn to play one
5) your guide sucks
This kind of post is why there are parodies of the MMO community.

You expected to win against 6 dps focus firing on you? You'll not survive against 6 Tracer Missiles either, nor 6 Smash, etc.

NilanVoid
02.17.2012 , 08:16 PM | #30
Oh look , thread #23409872342 discussing Sage/Sorc nerfs.

while ( horse.dead() )
horse.beat();