Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Imperial operatives burst damage

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Imperial operatives burst damage

finetop's Avatar


finetop
02.17.2012 , 06:38 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by BobaIceTea View Post
Your argument has nothing to do with the argument at hand. Nobody likes being killed without the ability to fight back. I don't mind them having an advantage if they get the jump on me, but killing someone before the stuns wear off is definitely OP.
JMO, but the problem with this statement is if you agree with what I said than every other class in the game can more or less do this, and Ops are more susceptible to it than the others...

BobaIceTea's Avatar


BobaIceTea
02.17.2012 , 06:41 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by finetop View Post
JMO, but the problem with this statement is if you agree with what I said than every other class in the game can more or less do this, and Ops are more susceptible to it than the others...
Maybe the answer is as simple as lowering their burst and increasing their sustained damage.

KeltikTwo's Avatar


KeltikTwo
02.17.2012 , 06:43 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by XxPetexX View Post
Jedi Sentinel, Watchman.

Almost full Champion gear.

I fare well enough in WZ's, almost always top 3 overall damage and usually very high in the kill count.

It's just the damn Operatives man.

Like I said I'm almost dead before I can move.

When I can start fighting back I'm down to like 30% hp if I'm lucky.

I simply can't figure out what I'm doing wrong
I'll make the assumption that you ain't at full health when the bad man appears.

If you are does he-

A: Knock you down, hit you once, dissapear then knock you down again ?

B: Pull out a large comedy boxing glove ?

C: Rely on the ranged guy shooting you at the same time to make a fast kill ?

XxPetexX's Avatar


XxPetexX
02.17.2012 , 06:45 PM | #24
It'll usually go something like.

Knife,
knock down
*** is happening face.
hp below 50%
knife

I get up

Force stasis
Leg sweep
shield.

he vanishes.
returns.
finishes me off

XxPetexX's Avatar


XxPetexX
02.17.2012 , 06:47 PM | #25
And no ofc it's solo.

I wouldn't complain about them being OP if they killed me with the help of one or two other guys:P

KeltikTwo's Avatar


KeltikTwo
02.17.2012 , 06:49 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by XxPetexX View Post
It'll usually go something like.

Knife,
knock down
*** is happening face.
hp below 50%
knife

I get up

Force stasis
Leg sweep
shield.

he vanishes.
returns.
finishes me off
Ok, from that I really have to ask, given the GCD is 1.5 secs and his opener+backstab will (if he is reallllllllly lucky) take 6k total off you, are you missing mods ?


Because not to be sarcastic, my sage has 18k hp in similar gear+pvp buffs and well, I can eat operatives. (my own operative is heal spec so tends to stalemate smuggs till team help arrives)

BobaIceTea's Avatar


BobaIceTea
02.17.2012 , 06:50 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by KeltikTwo View Post
B: Pull out a large comedy boxing glove ?
I would prefer that they do this. At least then I can enjoy dying since I can't do anything else.

KeltikTwo's Avatar


KeltikTwo
02.17.2012 , 06:53 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by BobaIceTea View Post
I would prefer that they do this. At least then I can enjoy dying since I can't do anything else.
Are these ops in a rakata/BM mix or what ? I have never once seen a post nerf operative or smug 50% a champ geared player of any class in 1 gcd.

XxPetexX's Avatar


XxPetexX
02.17.2012 , 06:54 PM | #29
Ofc that wasn't a step by step literal interpretation of what always happens when I fight an Operative mate :P

But the gist of it all is that I am usually as good as dead whe I can start attacking back. Which is frustrating.

I'm fairly decently geared. Full PvP almost full champion.

I get that a lot of ppl have much better gear and that I'll lose fights because of that. But the speed of which an operative takes me down in comparison to all the other classes has me scratching my head.

I do some dueling with some guys, and even a almost full battlemaster Jedi-shadow, while I'll lose. I'll still give him a fight.

Operatives simply is no chance.

Maybe I've been unlucky and all the Operatives I've played against have been super-elite. I really have no idea. But that's how it is for me

Russell_Solo's Avatar


Russell_Solo
02.17.2012 , 06:55 PM | #30
Can't beat'um, roll'um. Leave Ops alone. I'm rolling four toons to fifty. Its like having four different weapons to use based on how I feel like playing that day and what the party needs. So if party needs healer, logoff tank, login healer, etc.