Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Maps and Navigation

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Itoao
02.19.2012 , 11:06 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Deewe View Post
Making this tutorial was a waste of time, it just shows all that's lacking in the actual system:
  • We can't browse the maps seamlessly
  • We can only check the maps of the planets we are on
  • Zoom is inconvenient
  • Fading map when moving does not hides the now useless legend, mission tracker, world minimap and borders
  • We can't resize the map
  • We can't move around the map frame
  • We can't create our own waypoints
  • There's no way to select multiple point of interests at once
  • There's no difference between already done repeatable quests makers
  • All crafting nodes have the same icon
  • We can't choose whether to rotate the map or the compass
  • The map radar does not display enemies
  • There's no scale consistency between all maps

Don't think highlighting such a lacking feature was a good idea.

While I don't agree with all points here most are very good. I can live without the map displaying enemies unless you are actively fighting them and moving the map around the frame.
I strongly agree with all the other points.
Also perhaps this is the wrong place to ask but since Social Media Coordinator Eric Musco did the video. I am wondering what he has against Google +. Seems like Facebook and Twitter are all that's here. EA nor Bioware have no presence in G+.

bloomfireblade
02.19.2012 , 11:21 AM | #12
FIX the Bugs like the 9000 Error
thanks to your
Customer Support my PC all most blew up get them educated to avoid such mistakes in the future
I have no idea why Lucas Arts picked you to do the old republic each week you update and patch this MMO but instead it gets better its get worse

So all i see is the promises you made at E3/Gamescom wher false

Superior Quality (Where)
Superior Support (Where)

If you do not get your act together soon you will share the fate of SWG

I pay for the time in the old republic and I expect a working server not to be disconnected without warning

And these are Facts so do something about and that yesterday

Deewe
02.19.2012 , 06:24 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Itoao View Post
While I don't agree with all points here most are very good. I can live without the map displaying enemies unless you are actively fighting them and moving the map around the frame.
I strongly agree with all the other points.
Also perhaps this is the wrong place to ask but since Social Media Coordinator Eric Musco did the video. I am wondering what he has against Google +. Seems like Facebook and Twitter are all that's here. EA nor Bioware have no presence in G+.
You have a point.

Let's say the minimap could be linked to a personal scanner:
  • Green/round icon = friendly transponder
  • Red/triangle icon = opposite faction transponder
  • Grey/Squared icon = neutral or unidentified
-----
[HOW_TO] Mouse look toogle

Hajizan
02.19.2012 , 06:37 PM | #14
How do I place markers and make notes on the map?

Kodosong
02.19.2012 , 09:03 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Hajizan View Post
How do I place markers and make notes on the map?
You don't

Hajizan
02.19.2012 , 09:07 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Kodosong View Post
You don't
What? Even ffxi a mmo that's been around for about ten years allows someone to place markers and make notes on a map.

Stormkitten
02.20.2012 , 05:06 AM | #17
What I find annoying with the map is - suppose I want to find a mailbox. I pull up the main map, and select the mailbox tag. I would then expect this to put an icon up for all mailboxes on the map.

It doesn't.

It only puts up icons for mailboxes in a certain range. Usually only ones I can already see. This means that when I really need it (because I can't see/find what I'm looking for) it's pretty useless.

This seems to apply for all types of icon.

Alodar
02.21.2012 , 08:35 AM | #18
I absolutely love the map system.

Fade while moving allows me to travel without getting lost, which is huge to a directionally challenged person like myself.

I didn't know about the magnifying glass, so for imparting tips the video accomplished it's mission for me.

Alodar
(▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀!!Ξ[!(Θ)!!!▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

Golarz
02.22.2012 , 01:00 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Alodar View Post
I absolutely love the map system.

Fade while moving allows me to travel without getting lost, which is huge to a directionally challenged person like myself.

I didn't know about the magnifying glass, so for imparting tips the video accomplished it's mission for me.

Alodar
Looks like You'r challenged in many other ways as well.

AyeEs
02.23.2012 , 08:20 PM | #20
I've had trouble with green arrows on the map trying to route me through opposite faction areas/bases to get to a destination. After it happened the first time, I paid more attention. It is annoying to travel a long distance only to discover you were routed to a opposite faction choke point and have to explore to find another way through. Level 50 turrets and guards were a pretty good deterrent to traveling the way the map was telling me to.