Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Give us a "non Expertise Warzone Bracket" please

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Give us a "non Expertise Warzone Bracket" please

Zlashie
02.17.2012 , 05:10 PM | #1
Hello

Not going to make a long and detailed post about this because it will end up with battlemasters telling me everyone who complains about expertise are bad pvpers.

So il get right to it.

Im tired of pvping being a preset match about "who got the most expertise". I allready played wow for 7 years, I dont need to experience this gear wheel one more damn time.

Normally I would ask for expertise to be removed but some pvp'ers believe its perfectly fine to divide pve and pvp into two groups insted of just being one united happy family.

But since that is subjective Im going to ask for the "in between" option: Simply give us a bracket which is for non expertise users. It should be created as such that expertise value equals 0 in this match so that people without expertise can have fun as well.

The thing is, the difference between a newly dinged 50 and a rakata geared 50 is average iLvl 124 vs average iLvl 140 which is not such a huge difference however when a newly dinged 50 goes in with his iLvl 124 against a 600 expertise battlemaster who has iLvl 140 its pretty much an arrow to the knee.

This should make everyone happy. The expertise bracket will be competetive for users who did their thing and the non expertise bracket will be a happy place for those of us who hate the fact that game devs divide the game into "groups" depending on what gear you wear.

I can only find 2 disadvantages to this and that is:
- Longer queues HOWEVER Bioware said they would add cross server pvp so this is no problem.
- Battlemasters can no longer feel like gods just because they have lots of expertise

And here are the advantages
- No more QQ about Expertise being OP
- Much Less problems for a newly dinged 50 to go into pvp
- PvE'rs can enjoy warzones without having to ask themselves "am I a Liability to my group, without expertise?"
- Seperating expertise should give more competetive warzones as well, and not a game of "who has most expertise"

Lerdoc
02.17.2012 , 05:14 PM | #2
I got my alt to 50... 4 days later I'm full centurion with custom mods and a lucky piece of champion. And I don't play 24h/day so someone who does more then a daily would gear up faster. I already am competitive and can't complain much.

Do the same.

Fancyhuh
02.17.2012 , 05:15 PM | #3
I just want to compile WZ complaints;
- 50s need their own bracket
- Battle master need their own bracket
- No level 10s in warzones
- Break up the 10-49 brackets
- Ops need their own bracket
- Expertise needs their own bracket

Did I miss anything?
Fancyhuh V.7X <Working as Intended>

Zlashie
02.17.2012 , 05:16 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Lerdoc View Post
I got my alt to 50... 4 days later I'm full centurion with custom mods and a lucky piece of champion. And I don't play 24h/day so someone who does more then a daily would gear up faster. I already am competitive and can't complain much.

Do the same.
I cant speak for others than myself, but having played online gaming for over 12 years, I feel its a reliability that I have to carry multiple sets of gear in my bag simply because I need the stat for certain situations.

Hence the non expertise warzones.

Delavager
02.17.2012 , 05:18 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Zlashie View Post
I cant speak for others than myself, but having played online gaming for over 12 years, I feel its a reliability that I have to carry multiple sets of gear in my bag simply because I need the stat for certain situations.

Hence the non expertise warzones.
A dinged 50 vs a full rakata 50 will get murdered faster than a dinged 50 vs a full battlemasters 50.

Thus you don't know what you are talking about.

Thus this post is moot.

Just ask for a GEARLESS bracket, but that's been asked for 50,000 times already.
Comprehensive list of Tricks, Hints, and Tips for Warzones. You might learn something new!

KyoMamoru
02.17.2012 , 05:23 PM | #6
Dinged Level 50
Health -> 11,000~14,000
Main Hand Damage -> 400-500.
Stimpacks -> None.
Adrenals -> None.
Relics -> Store Bought.

Rakata
Health -> 17000 ~ 23,000
Main Hand Damage -> 800~1,000.
Stimpacks -> Rakata.
Adrenals -> Rakata.
Relics -> Best in slot.

There will always be a gear curve, unless you completely remove the influence from gear in a bracket. The difference with that you're suggesting is that players are going to have to do PVE to get their best gear in this bracket, or get stomped just as hard.

mordredz
02.17.2012 , 05:26 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Lerdoc View Post

Do the same.
Right there, learn OP and stop being a whinney lil girl...

roysterer
02.17.2012 , 05:33 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Zlashie View Post
"reliability"
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Zlashie
02.17.2012 , 05:37 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by mordredz View Post
Right there, learn OP and stop being a whinney lil girl...
Can we please stop this disrespectful tone? Im far from whining, I suggested an opinion based on subjective experience on a forum where it could be discussed.

I will add that i see the problems between newly dinged and rakata are far greater than the ones I had considered myself as I had only considered a few things myself. Being a dps I only considered the difference between the stats which I focus and not the healthpool. The healthpool does indeed make it a big difference.

Personally I am asking for a place I can pvp with/against pve geared people. They can make it a non-rewardable zone, where the only thing you get out of it is lulz. I dont pvp for gear, I pvp for fun

LiveandDieinLA
02.17.2012 , 05:39 PM | #10
The reason this is a stupid idea is that, in this bracket, instead of getting stomped by players with expertise (which has a soft cap at around 500 and is pretty damn easy to get), they will get rolled even harder by people decked out in rakata and columi gear.
Aeryon / Aerror
Bastion
West Coast PVP