Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HM Kaon Bonus Boss Worthless

Maoxx
02.17.2012 , 09:12 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Alwaysx View Post
I'm glad they changed him for this very reason:

Practically everyone exploited to kill him more easily, and you could've farmed the bonus boss for all the free Columi headpieces and alloys.

That's pretty bad.. And now he's just like any other bonus boss, so I'm quite happy this exploit was solved.
Oh I agree, I do think the simpler solution would have been just give the boss a limit to where you can take him, IE you walk out of the room he resets....or just (god forbid me saying this) add an enrage timer.

Suzina
02.18.2012 , 12:25 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Deevaun View Post
I'm sure it's been said before but I'm saying it again. The change made to the loot table of the bonus boss was not needed. The bonus boss was probably one of the tougher bosses out there and gave many average groups issues. The headache that it could cause was worth it when given the chance at a second columi head piece. So one of the hardest bosses out there in any HM flashpoint now drops a belt. Needless to say, I'll never kill this boss again. Generally, BW, if you want people to take their time to kill a bonus boss which could require more time added to the flashpoint, it should be worth it. But then again, it is just a bonus boss so maybe the loot shouldn't be as worthwhile. Still, reflect on how the final boss in Kaon HM is a complete joke when compared to the bonus boss.

Agreed!
Member of Bane Fleet

Rabix
02.18.2012 , 01:23 AM | #23
if bonus bosses had lockouts like ops bosses do, where they could only be killed once a day, then it would be fine to leave it as it was

unfortunately, it was very possible to have an unlimited stream of HM final boss loot, simply by resetting the instance and running it again
this was not intended, so rather than change everything else, they just changed this one loot table

its too bad

Dixiecup
02.18.2012 , 01:33 AM | #24
Fix the exploit, not the loot table you lazy, worthless f*#ks. Although this is fairly standard practice for you clowns that work there, O'well.

Irenicus_Jon
02.18.2012 , 03:45 AM | #25
This bonus boss was tough enough that the headpiece made sense and trying to farm it was inefficient since there is a good volume of difficult to kill trash leading up to it (even when my core group of 4 players found out about the headpiece drop, we never tried to farm it or consider doing it because of these points).

Now it's another worthless bonus boss that drops unwanted loot. Say hello to Sith Entity from me, and tell him he can sit on all the earpiece/implants he has hoarded.

KVork
02.18.2012 , 05:27 AM | #26
I think some guys here try to prove who got bigger...

People, it is realy chalenging one, you need some decent teamwork, precise positioning and ccs, not all groups have 2-3 longterm ccs to overcome adds. Hell, without guide/spoiler you will almost certainly wipe on first attempt.

So we are happy that you can click fast, got experience, and got some friends on voice comms, not everybody has.

I did run Kaon HM few times and bonus boss is the toughest there. I did him twice with PUGs ! and two belts dropped, they are useless compared to effort, giving you run in dailies standard gear.

Defeating him was worth the effort, loot certainly wasnt worth it.
For me its cool, but it is almost imposible now to talk people into this fight, because "what for?"

Not going to spend another minute on this boss again due to that .
Not a servant of the Force, Master I am.

_gideon
02.18.2012 , 05:36 AM | #27
Bonus bosses are harder than end bosses atm. Tionese gear has no purpose atm.

Simple solution. Make end bosses drop Tionese set pieces. Move the columi drops onto the bonus bosses.

It makes no sense to me that the hardest flashpoint bosses drop worse loot than easier flashpoint bosses who drop the same loot as ops bosses.