Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Master Luke vs Darth Sidius


VanorDM's Avatar


VanorDM
05.25.2012 , 02:26 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Why doesn't he just use those OP powers to kill Abeloth and be done with it? It doesn't make sense to me.
Because then the book would be about 10 pages long if that....

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
05.25.2012 , 02:34 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by VanorDM View Post
Because then the book would be about 10 pages long if that....
I think that's the problem with making heroes and villains so powerful. You show off once, but in order for the books to be interesting you can't do it when you need to.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

deneric's Avatar


deneric
05.25.2012 , 08:55 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by SliggXx View Post
Luke from the novels turned into the greatest Jedi to have ever lived, surpassing any known Sith Lord. This isn't even debatable. He had all of Anakin's potential, pre-lava. Lucas has stated that Anakin had the potential to surpass Sidius. Luke, unlike his father, actually realized his potential and singlehandedly rebuilt the Jedi order. Luke became so powerful in the novels that they had to nerf him to some degree just to keep the plot interesting.

The answer is Luke.
I lol'd pretty heartily at "pre-lava"

Anyway, Luke from the novels makes Sidious look like a punk
SWG (PRE-CU) Kettemoor Veteran!

SoonerJBD's Avatar


SoonerJBD
05.26.2012 , 03:43 AM | #44
A point that I don't think people are getting... Luke beat the Emperor in Return of the Jedi. He didn't use force lightning or his lightsaber. He used his connection to the force and his understanding of his father to turn Vader back to the light. That may not be as exciting as lvl 50 force lightning against dual wield ataru form, but it's valid nonetheless. It's also kind of the whole point of the original trilogy, that love can conquer evil. The Emperor miscalculated by thinking he could turn Luke to the dark side, and he paid with his life. Luke beat him. Plain and simple.

RDeanOU's Avatar


RDeanOU
05.26.2012 , 09:25 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by SoonerJBD View Post
A point that I don't think people are getting... Luke beat the Emperor in Return of the Jedi. He didn't use force lightning or his lightsaber. He used his connection to the force and his understanding of his father to turn Vader back to the light. That may not be as exciting as lvl 50 force lightning against dual wield ataru form, but it's valid nonetheless. It's also kind of the whole point of the original trilogy, that love can conquer evil. The Emperor miscalculated by thinking he could turn Luke to the dark side, and he paid with his life. Luke beat him. Plain and simple.
Excellent point!

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
05.27.2012 , 12:05 PM | #46
What I don't get is how people can think Palpatine is so powerful. 1. He couldn't figure out that Master Poof was the Death Star's chef. 2. It took two weeks for him to figure out that the first Death Star was destroyed. Need I go on?
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
05.27.2012 , 12:21 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
What I don't get is how people can think Palpatine is so powerful. 1. He couldn't figure out that Master Poof was the Death Star's chef. 2. It took two weeks for him to figure out that the first Death Star was destroyed. Need I go on?
Lol, but he did sense that Master Poof didn't give him and Vader crackers!
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
05.27.2012 , 12:22 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Lol, but he did sense that Master Poof didn't give him and Vader crackers!
At least he has priorities. But you'd think he would be suspicious. I mean Poof was the only guy with a small head on a stick working for him.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

MORTTUUM's Avatar


MORTTUUM
05.28.2012 , 02:43 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by PriestOfSin View Post
Sidious had sith training and was all official and such. Luke didn't have any real formal training... seems one-sided.
"Naturals" quite often best the "well-trained expert"...
I hate violence. I'm just really, really prepared for Peace.

Stephenjdoug's Avatar


Stephenjdoug
05.30.2012 , 09:52 AM | #50
First of, I don't think "Sidius" is the most powerful sith. I'd put Bane up there when he was in his prime before he fought Zannah the last time. Also considering Bane and his "rule of two", Sidious did not prove stronger then his last master. Broke the fundamental rule that made the "rule of two" superior over all others, by poisoning his master and not facing him.

Second, if you read the novels Luke during his prime would destroy Sidius. Back during the movies or even lets say before the new jedi order novels. Luke would loose hands down. Its not much of a topic realy Luke is a BA in the novels.

But in my opinion where the novels stand now, Luke in his prime is the single most powerful force user, outside beings like Zonama Sekot, "the ones" featured in the clone wars series and legacy era, and perhaps the "celestials" in fact anything around 30,000 BBY ish doesn't count when I put Luke as the strongest. He may have not learned all the fancy tricks that were lost after so many Jedi vs Sith wars. But looking at all he accomplished hes pretty powerful.