Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Master Luke vs Darth Sidius

Wolfninjajedi
05.25.2012 , 06:27 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by dazednconfuzed View Post
From an EU viewpoint...
Master Skywalker would kick Palp's wrinkly purple behind.

From a 'movie-canon' viewpoint...
It could be argued that Luke is still stronger than both Vader and Palpatine. After all, he is the only one of the three of them that didn't give in to the dark side, and indeed was pure enough to be able to pull his father, Vader, back from where he was, way deep down into the dark side of the Force.

Also, he didn't go to the Death Star to kill the Emperor, he went to redeem his father. In that, he succeeded.
I wanna say on a more moral level, he was stronger then both of them being able to resist the darkside. Seeing as he resisted the strongest sith lord in history, power wise in ROTJ he wasn't near Palpatine....and(really hate to say this, because it makes his training seem almost worthless to me) he wasn't strong as Vader. Because after the battle, he states that if Vader fought him at full he wouldn't have lasted.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

dazednconfuzed
05.25.2012 , 06:32 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
I wanna say on a more moral level, he was stronger then both of them being able to resist the darkside. Seeing as he resisted the strongest sith lord in history, power wise in ROTJ he wasn't near Palpatine....and(really hate to say this, because it makes his training seem almost worthless to me) he wasn't strong as Vader. Because after the battle, he states that if Vader fought him at full he wouldn't have lasted.
Yeah, that's kinda what I was saying. He was morally stronger than the pair of them. i suppose that is why he went along anyways, even though he knew that he was doomed if he couldn't turn Vader away from the dark side.
Jedi Master Kai'sinn. Not only evil hides in the shadows.
Jedi Master Tzathali. Korriban/Tython Exchange Program.
Major Dulne. Nothing will stop Havoc Squad, Sir.

Aurbere
05.25.2012 , 08:34 AM | #33
As much as I hate that the EU has fallen for the mighty power creep that affects a good majority of books and comics, I'm going to have to say Luke. My only question is: why must Luke have the ability to create black holes and all that other OP stuff? Why doesn't he just use those OP powers to kill Abeloth and be done with it? It doesn't make sense to me.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Wolfninjajedi
05.25.2012 , 08:49 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
As much as I hate that the EU has fallen for the mighty power creep that affects a good majority of books and comics, I'm going to have to say Luke. My only question is: why must Luke have the ability to create black holes and all that other OP stuff? Why doesn't he just use those OP powers to kill Abeloth and be done with it? It doesn't make sense to me.
You can't kill an immortal....well you can, but it just depends on what kind of immortality the person has.

Aurbere
05.25.2012 , 08:59 AM | #35
You can't kill an immortal....well you can, but it just depends on what kind of immortality the person has.
Then how is Luke gonna beat Abeloth? I guess you could suck her through a black hole
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Wolfninjajedi
05.25.2012 , 10:02 AM | #36
Then how is Luke gonna beat Abeloth? I guess you could suck her through a black hole
Well what kinda immortality does Abeloth have?

Aurbere
05.25.2012 , 12:36 PM | #37
Well what kinda immortality does Abeloth have?
idk. Abeloth is really complex to me. Is Abeloth like 'Back from the dead!' Like Boba or unkillable like Superman(back when he seemed nigh invulnerable)

Wolfninjajedi
05.25.2012 , 12:38 PM | #38
idk. Abeloth is really complex to me. Is Abeloth like 'Back from the dead!' Like Boba or unkillable like Superman(back when he seemed nigh invulnerable)
Well if Abeloth doesn't have god immortality, meaning can never die no matter what happens. Then she can still die in some way or another, cutting off the head for example like a vampire they are immortal but can still die.

Aurbere
05.25.2012 , 01:14 PM | #39
Well if Abeloth doesn't have god immortality, meaning can never die no matter what happens. Then she can still die in some way or another, cutting off the head for example like a vampire they are immortal but can still die.
True. It'll probably come down to that.

LordDeschain
05.25.2012 , 02:22 PM | #40
Disregarding all the arguing about the movies and stuff and going based on the OP I would say Luke. I have read about 60 EU novels and Luke becomes pretty ******. Granted if you read all the books it did take him time to reach the level of mastery he does achieve.

One moment later in the EU where you can easily see Lukes power but not in some kind of ridiculous OP way is when he pins Jacen (Darth Caedus) to his chair with a mere thought. At this point Caedus was very powerful and a full blown Sith capable of some pretty amazing feats like flowwalking and battle meditation and Luke just pawned him to his chair with literally no effort. Even Jacen admitted at that point as powerful as he has become he still could not best his uncle.

Without spending to much time going into detail of Lukes other powers I think its pretty safe to say EU Grand Master Skywalker would beat Sidious, should be a good fight but I think he could edge it out one way or another