Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Master Luke vs Darth Sidius

BrandonSM
02.17.2012 , 09:19 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by undeadsithdread View Post
Son and daughter would like have word with you
their dead. Which means there nothing like Abeloth.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

MRCHalifax
02.17.2012 , 09:52 PM | #12
Luke would win, Palaptine would splat.
Emotion, yet peace. Ignorance, yet knowledge. Passion, yet serenity. Chaos, yet harmony. Death, yet the Force.

mefit
02.17.2012 , 11:38 PM | #13
Canon wise , Sidious
None Canon wise , Luke

Luke only beat Vadar because Vadar could not use his hate and rage on his son . Lucas stated that Vadar was not as powerful as Palpitine, there for if we go by the movies and canon , than Palpitine pwns Luke in 2 seconds and goes back to mindlessly stairing into space like a zombie while laughing at god knows what .

Luke does not become a Master and number 1 till EU and lucas stated everything after the movies did not happen and are not canon.

Just another reason why I hate Lucas's hate for EU and this whole Canon Fanboy bs.

BrandonSM
02.18.2012 , 12:27 AM | #14
No. Luke has stated the EU is a separate Universe.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Liquidacid
02.18.2012 , 12:34 AM | #15
Luke... from Lucas's own statements during the Star Wars: Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back Director's Commentary

Luke has the same Force potential as his father, which is why both Darth Vader and the Emperor were willing to turn on each other to gain Luke as their apprentice. Luke is said to represent Anakin's full potential, if Anakin had lived to achieve it rather than suffer the horrible fate that made him more machine than man. Lucas also mentions that Luke's Force potential was even more powerful than Emperor Palpatine's
"bibo ergo sum" ( I drink, therefore I am)

Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at.

mefit
02.18.2012 , 12:38 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Liquidacid View Post
Luke... from Lucas's own statements during the Star Wars: Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back Director's Commentary

Luke has the same Force potential as his father, which is why both Darth Vader and the Emperor were willing to turn on each other to gain Luke as their apprentice. Luke is said to represent Anakin's full potential, if Anakin had lived to achieve it rather than suffer the horrible fate that made him more machine than man. Lucas also mentions that Luke's Force potential was even more powerful than Emperor Palpatine's
Well it saddly isn't shown in the movies because Palpitine was otw to killing Luke right before Vadar commited suicide by taking the deadly blows and tossing Palpitine down the hole .

Just pointing on the facts, in the end you can say whatever Lucas said but it is not what he shown in teh movies and hence Luke was nothing till after ROTJ in EU where he becomes Godlike !

mefit
02.18.2012 , 12:41 AM | #17
Alot of People say Leia was more powerful than Luke and even Lucas has here and there made coments towards it , but nothing in the movies shown here to be anything of a force user other than her link to Luke .

So in the end , Movies > Lucas later coments.
Till he remakes them to show otherwise , ever current copy of ROTJ show Luke on the ground getting messed up by a old man berely breaking a sweat ............well really not even breaking a sweat .

If by losing makes you more powerful than so be it !

Liquidacid
02.18.2012 , 12:46 AM | #18
Palpatine didn't look so powerful as his wrinkly *** was being chucked over a ledge by a one handed man

mefit
02.18.2012 , 12:50 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Liquidacid View Post
Palpatine didn't look so powerful as his wrinkly *** was being chucked over a ledge by a one handed man
That is true but I will give him points for taking out the backstabber who tossed him down the hole . After all Vadar was only alive for little while after before his suit and body gave out from being shocked to death .

Palpitine scores one for that !
I would say I would rather him killing the cry baby Luke than Vadar but can't have it all I guess !

Liquidacid
02.18.2012 , 01:08 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by mefit View Post
That is true but I will give him points for taking out the backstabber who tossed him down the hole . After all Vadar was only alive for little while after before his suit and body gave out from being shocked to death .

Palpitine scores one for that !
I would say I would rather him killing the cry baby Luke than Vadar but can't have it all I guess !
I wouldn't say Palpatine scored on that one... I mean ya he did get Vader for the backstabbing but in the end he still died, his plans all failed horribly, and Luke still lived... so Palpatine lost in ever way that counts and Luke won... You seem to only want to go by what the movies show and ignore everything else that is considered canonical by Lucasfilm Ltd (which owns SW) ... they make it clear Luke wins and Palpatine loses in a very unflattering way...

You would think if Palpatine was so powerful in the force his danger sense would have warned him a dying cripple was very slowly moving against him.. I mean come on Vader wasn't even trying to be sneaky about it... He just walked up and grabbed him