Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why would I want to use my BM gear?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Why would I want to use my BM gear?

Reilnkur
02.17.2012 , 04:32 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Fan_Atic View Post
While I respect you numbers and opinion, until we get a combat log and dps meter it's difficult to determine exactly how much extra damage that aim would provide during a dps scenario. It's easy enough to know how much extra benefit we get from expertise comparatively.

I really wish this game would have dynamic skill tooltips. Seeing the base damage listed for every skill no matter what your gear is extremely annoying.
It can be tested we have the stats and using a person to play dummy in full BM and with you with both sets and same mods you can see the numbers thats why I think the BM needs to be fixed to be more inline.

The_FeniX
02.17.2012 , 04:32 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by dcgregorya View Post
There isn't any Op in the game right now you can't run the Hard Mode for in Champion gear, let alone BM gear. The only thing that requires some Rakata is nightmare modes and even that is debatable.

IMHO, working as intended.
This is exactly what I was about to say.

Reading this forum over the past few months, people have defended a PvP stat by saying without it, raiders would come into PvP and dominate without doing any PvP. I'm sure there are classes that can do this based on the way Expertise was (hopefully) setup to balance.

At 10% expertise, you do 10% more damage and take 10% less damage. So, a class designed to not get hit is going to benefit more from higher tier PvE gear, rather than Expertise. With trauma, I would assume a healer relies on Expertise more than other classes. As a Guardian, I can do ok in my Rakata/Columi set, but Expertise is extremely important for me because I have to take a lot of damage to inflict my own.

But the real reason you should use BM gear is for the same reason I should use Rakata in Dungeons/ops: you shouldn't have to do PvE to PvP or vice versa.

But really, this argument won't be solved till we get a combat log.
Fenix - 50 Guardian - 14/27/0
Possible DPS Build - Will know more when dual-specs come.

Good Times.......

Fan_Atic
02.17.2012 , 04:32 PM | #23
Take a look at the Juggernaut/Guardian Rakata dps set bonuses compared to the BM ones. I guarantee you wouldn't wanna wear Rakata after that lol. I think it definitely varies from classes to classes and even spec.
This should be required reading for anyone wanting to post on the forums

http://mrlizard.com/rants/why-havent...fixed-this-bug

Fan_Atic
02.17.2012 , 04:36 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Reilnkur View Post
It can be tested we have the stats and using a person to play dummy in full BM and with you with both sets and same mods you can see the numbers thats why I think the BM needs to be fixed to be more inline.

So you've extensively tested this while recording the hits you've dealt? I couldn't get some one to bother letting me beat on them for the hours it would take to properly execute the experiment lol.
This should be required reading for anyone wanting to post on the forums

http://mrlizard.com/rants/why-havent...fixed-this-bug

Greennunu
02.17.2012 , 04:37 PM | #25
There isn't any Op in the game right now you can't run the Hard Mode for in Champion gear, let alone BM gear. The only thing that requires some Rakata is nightmare modes and even that is debatable.

IMHO, working as intended. This basically means you need to run the Hard Mode for EV a few times before running the nightmare mode. Seems logical to me.
World first for the two Operations on NM mode is on Port Nowehere (Pub side). The guild is a primary PvP guild, I am not sure about their gearing but most of them did have BM gear when they down it. I am assuming it's not optimal, but definitely doable.

As for Rataka vs BM gear, I have seen the arguments, and it is somewhat debatable, but until numbers show up I won't say one way or another. However to the person saying their friend poped out enhancements/mods from their Rata gear to put it in their Centurion outperformed BM geared players is bunch of crap. Armoring cannot be replaced, you are basically wearing a BM gear with less main stat, end, and expertise. The Mods and Enhancement from BM and Rata gear is exactly the same, in fact most PvPers drop their mods or enhancement for the champ mods/enhancement for better gearing. If I remember correctly Rataka armor you should basically do the same.
~Port Nowhere~
Keielita - Pyro Tech Bounty Hunter

mordredz
02.17.2012 , 04:41 PM | #26
Why wear PVP gear T3 vs PVE T3? The stats even with level 58 mods are not as good. Add in expteries your dps is still less? the %less form other players is negated by the % dmg to players if they are in the same armor. Can someone explain why I would want to swap out my modded Rakata if I am top kills/dmg almost all the time for something that seems to give less return?
For you? no clue, for most of everyone that's not running End Game PVE atm then ya...

Also if your rocking full Rakata and your a BM, time to take a lil break and enjoy some sunlight...

Nocorras
02.17.2012 , 04:42 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Wrakk View Post
The point is that the PvE gear is way better than the PvP gear, the current bonus from expertise just ain't enough to throw off your top end pve gear.

I've already seen some ppl in centurion equipment with equipped rakata mods that claim that equipment like that is even better than battlemaster...
Rakata mods and BM mods are exactly the same except for the armoring mod.

Reilnkur
02.17.2012 , 04:43 PM | #28
I'm guessing you solo queue and play warzones like they're just a series of 1vs1 fights but even a side heal now and then from a healer makes BM gear better than Rakata because dead people don't do any damage and can't kill anyone.
I do solo can and we run guild groups. 1vs1 is never an issue. any thing not in Heavy armor drops fast. If healer gets on go for heals pretty simple. most healers in the game become unless if focused on by burst class which either forces them to run away which means they are not healing others, or in some cases like BH they eat it over and over until they get messed up by CC or cancel abilites. Again that chance of 12% just got taken out by 8sec CC

Bnol
02.17.2012 , 04:45 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
The point is simple... BM gear pulls off the moment you get any sort of healing.

3k worth of healing on Rakata dude is effectively ~3.3k for BM one, because of extra damage reduction from expertise, which makes health gains more effective.

So basically Full BM and Rakata you will roughly do same damage, have the same effective HP, but all healing and shielding done on you as BM is 12% more effective, by the grace of a fact that you lose health slower thanks to damage reduction.

Also the above is quite flawed, you are not taking into account the fact that in the end your final Primary stat in the Character Sheet won't be increased by 25% and other than that +25% to Primary Stat is far from +25% DPS. Effectively it is lower than whatever full Expertise gearing at those levels gives.
This. Healers can OOR on those huge health pools, damage reduction is far greater than more Endurance especially with Trauma.
Jack'Bauer - 50 Medic Operative - Wound in the Force
Bnol - 50 Shield Tech/AP Hybrid Powertech - Wound in the Force
Bnoll - 50 Combat Medic Commando - Wound in the Force

dcgregorya
02.17.2012 , 04:47 PM | #30
I do solo can and we run guild groups. 1vs1 is never an issue. any thing not in Heavy armor drops fast. If healer gets on go for heals pretty simple. most healers in the game become unless if focused on by burst class which either forces them to run away which means they are not healing others, or in some cases like BH they eat it over and over until they get messed up by CC or cancel abilites. Again that chance of 12% just got taken out by 8sec CC
Honestly if healers were really that useless they wouldn't get to the end of the game with 300k+ in heals cast. If they were casting those heals at BM people, you'd see +12% to that number and each HP would be 12% more valuable because of damage reduction.

I mean, if you think your personal metagame can't benefit from it fine but I still sorta feel like you're doing it wrong if you don't care at all about healing...