Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why would I want to use my BM gear?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Why would I want to use my BM gear?

Reilnkur
02.17.2012 , 03:12 PM | #1
Why wear PVP gear T3 vs PVE T3? The stats even with level 58 mods are not as good. Add in expteries your dps is still less? the %less form other players is negated by the % dmg to players if they are in the same armor. Can someone explain why I would want to swap out my modded Rakata if I am top kills/dmg almost all the time for something that seems to give less return?

Wrakk
02.17.2012 , 03:20 PM | #2
The point is that the PvE gear is way better than the PvP gear, the current bonus from expertise just ain't enough to throw off your top end pve gear.

I've already seen some ppl in centurion equipment with equipped rakata mods that claim that equipment like that is even better than battlemaster...

Reilnkur
02.17.2012 , 03:24 PM | #3
Thats my point I dont understand why we have pvp gear if the pve gear is better, I guess unless someone doesnt do both and only pvp's

They really need to make the pvp gear better and remove the % dmg/def vs player seems to cancel each other out . Id rather take +crit or surge or other usable stat vs expertise.

Fan_Atic
02.17.2012 , 03:33 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Wrakk View Post
The point is that the PvE gear is way better than the PvP gear, the current bonus from expertise just ain't enough to throw off your top end pve gear.

I've already seen some ppl in centurion equipment with equipped rakata mods that claim that equipment like that is even better than battlemaster...
How does this make sense? My BM pieces have identical mods to my rakata. Why would centurion with the same mods be better?
This should be required reading for anyone wanting to post on the forums

http://mrlizard.com/rants/why-havent...fixed-this-bug

TetraCleric
02.17.2012 , 03:37 PM | #5
BM gear has a higher base stat than champion and centurion, so taking 58 mods out and putting them in centurion gear is a gimp.

Even putting 56 mods into BM gear is a gimp. Best thing to do is to buy 58 mods that you want, or to farm them in ops yourself.

Not to mention that itemization for Rakata is about as bad as it is for BM for some classes. But the real thing to do is to mix/match for the ideal expertise stat, and the stacking your main stat on top of that through Rakata.

dcgregorya
02.17.2012 , 03:39 PM | #6
So that healers can keep you alive during combat.

/thread

Reilnkur
02.17.2012 , 03:49 PM | #7
hmm not sure how your BM gear is better than Rakata. Rakata has more End, more primary stat, than add what ever mods you use in and you still end up with better dmg stats than what Expertise attemps to do. Heals are the only benifit. If I wear full BM and you wear full BM the Expertise does nothing my extra %dmg will be removed by your %reduction so tell me how that is better than the extra +crit in expertises place on the Rakata?

Only way it is better is if you are fighting people that are less geared than you. Seems like a failed stat. As to heals gained form the % that is a good bonus, however playing a sniper I dont usually worry about heals myself as Im already pretty soft I learned to just play smart as a ranged.

Even with the 58 mods/enhancement you sitll wont get the same endurance or primary stat on BM as you would Rakata.

dcgregorya
02.17.2012 , 03:52 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Reilnkur View Post
Only way it is better is if you are fighting people that are less geared than you. Seems like a failed stat. As to heals gained form the % that is a good bonus, however playing a sniper I dont usually worry about heals myself as Im already pretty soft I learned to just play smart as a ranged.
Expertise is used in your base attack formulas. Expertise damage reduction is applied across all of your endurance and applied to healed health. Heals ignore trauma based on your expertise.

In short, BM gear is better for PVP than Rakata gear if you are playing PVP.

Now, if you prefer to roll around in Rakata, that's cool. You'll be less effective however than someone else who doesn't.

Wrakk
02.17.2012 , 03:55 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Fan_Atic View Post
How does this make sense? My BM pieces have identical mods to my rakata. Why would centurion with the same mods be better?

The point is; it's not better but than battlemaster but pretty much the same, minus some expertise, which is useless anyway after champion gear ( gives too low boost )

Wrakk
02.17.2012 , 03:57 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by dcgregorya View Post
In short, BM gear is better for PVP than Rakata gear if you are playing PVP.

Now, if you prefer to roll around in Rakata, that's cool. You'll be less effective however than someone else who doesn't.
Rakata gear is pretty much as battlemaster if compared in PvP. It shouldn't be so in PvP.

My PvP gear ain't as near as cool in PvE situations, such as raiding.

I saw many people in full champion gear getting owned by RAKATA geared people with 0 expertise. So that's 600+ expertise against 0.

Expertise is a piece of junk therefore.