Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cover Fix

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Nexdine
03.12.2012 , 03:15 AM | #41
Very interesting thread! So from what I gather, the optimal way to do things would be to use the crouch in place mechanic but to do so right behind natural cover so you get full protection against ranged fire and still have total control over exactly where your character drops into cover at all times?

I've been vacillating between just crouching in place wherever I happen to be or always going for the hard cover, but maybe the ideal would be a combo and actively moving to cover befoe dropping.

EhLiar
03.12.2012 , 04:35 AM | #42
i like to run to cover and pretty much just crouch 100% of the time

but i keep roll into cover bound just incase I get a flash of genius and wanna do some swag roll for chasing/escaping

by the by, you can tell who you get defense bonuses against coz they get a green shield icon above them
Magicalamber, <Run Like Hell> Gunslinger,
Wound in the Force

i got so many irons in the fire

Nexdine
03.12.2012 , 07:27 AM | #43
Yep was aware of the green shield, just pondering what makes the most sense from the point of view of using cover effectively and in a controlled fashion (sometimes I too tend to roll into cover just a wee bit too close to the target, ideally you want them at maximum range while those gung ho people with lightsabers or similar get up close and personal )

jackrunip
03.14.2012 , 11:10 AM | #44
The only issue I would have with this is that I use two different hotkey setups. One for standing/running around and one for cover abilities.
Mechanical Llama -- Sneaky Llama of T.E.H
Fiama Llama -- Retired Sneaky Llama of T.E.H
Also, anything with a "Llama" attached to the end of it!