Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Agent voice accent inconsistenties

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Agent voice accent inconsistenties

ShotByBothSides
02.17.2012 , 10:05 AM | #1
Anyone else had this?

My female Agentís accent sometimes changes from the excellent and slightly posh/60s spy spoof English one, to far less interesting American one. I thought all the bad guys are always English? Perhaps we have been wrong all along

archifikoss
02.17.2012 , 10:06 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by ShotByBothSides View Post
Anyone else had this?

My female Agentís accent sometimes changes from the excellent and slightly posh/60s spy spoof English one, to far less interesting American one. I thought all the bad guys are always English? Perhaps we have been wrong all along
Agents switch accents when undercover.

Aristopantys
02.17.2012 , 10:07 AM | #3
Anyone else had this?

Yea, if you didn't spacebar through the story you'd know that Keeper tells you to lose the accent when going undercover to not give away your Imperial ties. It's on purpose.

ShotByBothSides
02.17.2012 , 10:11 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Aristopantys View Post
Yea, if you didn't spacebar through the story you'd know that Keeper tells you to lose the accent when going undercover to not give away your Imperial ties. It's on purpose.
You are making an assumption that is quite incorrect. I have never spacebarred trhough the story, just must have missed that bit of dialigue to an outside distraction. Thank you for the rest of your comment though.

texasfanboy
02.17.2012 , 10:17 AM | #5
You are making an assumption that is quite incorrect. I have never spacebarred trhough the story, just must have missed that bit of dialigue to an outside distraction. Thank you for the rest of you comment though.
It's right at the very beginning of the game, when you first arrive on Hutta. You could make a second Agent and rewatch the opening, since the moment happens before you even get control of your character.

Kinesthetic
02.17.2012 , 10:58 AM | #6
You are making an assumption that is quite incorrect. I have never spacebarred trhough the story, just must have missed that bit of dialigue to an outside distraction. Thank you for the rest of your comment though.
Since I was making a new Agent, I took a screenie for you of the exact moment and line where you're told to lose the accent (for verification purposes).

http://i43.tinypic.com/oiszl1.png

I kind of wish there was more accent play with the Agent, given how neat it is when it actually happens.

Eliezer
02.17.2012 , 01:56 PM | #7
Pretty much as described, you change accent when pretending to be Republic, or at least non-Imperial. Red Blade on Hutta, infiltrating the resistance on Balmorra, etc.

chuixupu
02.17.2012 , 02:17 PM | #8
It's funny how these threads keep cropping up. Don't spacebar through your class quests, sheesh.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Arrys
02.17.2012 , 02:45 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
It's funny how these threads keep cropping up. Don't spacebar through your class quests, sheesh.
You know sometimes the kids or wife need attention and people say take off their head phones and ohh miss components of a story line. It happens.

I kinda suspect that people who complain about the accent change tend to be not spacebarring through dialogue or well they wouldn't notice.

chuixupu
02.17.2012 , 02:47 PM | #10
That's what hitting the esc bar to reset the conversation if you're being distracted is for
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant