Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Community Q&A Feb 17th 2012 Blog Discussion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Community Q&A Feb 17th 2012 Blog Discussion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JovethGonzalez
02.17.2012 , 10:00 AM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Discuss this week's Community Q&A blog in this thread!

Daelenn
02.17.2012 , 04:18 PM | #2
Really nice answers this week. Game Update 1.2 is shaping up to be an amazing patch.
Author at Trippin' the Force, a TOR news and guide website. GM & Founder of Liberi Fatali, a 9yr old guild on the Shadowlands server.

sang
02.17.2012 , 04:24 PM | #3
Quote:
Lexiekaboom: 16 man Operations are much harder than 8 man Operations (to the point where most guilds can easily clear hard mode 8 man before being able to clear 16 man easy mode) but there is no loot difference at all to doing them. It's better to send your 16 man raid force to clear two 8 man instances .Is this oversight or design? What will be done to offset this in the future?

Gabe Amatangelo: This is not per design. The teams have been addressing this in the weekly patches to some degree and more so in Game Update 1.2. It is intended that 16 player mode is slightly easier than 8 player mode due to the fact that getting and coordinating 16 players is a larger hurdle in and of itself.
Please tell me this is a mistake. In what universe should 16m be easier than 8man? This makes absolutely no sense. If anything, 16m should be harder and offer better rewards.
Sang - Sangz - Sanglol - Sanglul - Sangrawr - Sangocity

Atarufighter
02.17.2012 , 04:26 PM | #4
Incredibly useless answers in my opinion. Back to playing and waiting till 1.2 hits I guess.

Khryn
02.17.2012 , 04:26 PM | #5
I see they reverted back to the generic question evasion tactic. Did the lawyers write the answers this week?

And for the love of god, tell all the desperate people that SGRA are coming so that they can have their dreams come true.
Master Jedi Khryn Tzu <Watchmen> - Jung Ma
Before you whine about bugs:
http://mrlizard.com/rants/why-havent...ixed-this-bug/

Nozybidaj
02.17.2012 , 04:26 PM | #6
Two weeks in a row and still avoiding and/or ignoring the SGRA issue. /sigh Suppose that is answer enough at this point.

Xaearth
02.17.2012 , 04:27 PM | #7
So... Surgical Probe... is burst healing?

Isn't that kind of like saying Biochem Reusable Medpacks are burst healing?

Don't get me wrong, it's a nifty tool, but it's hardly going to save anyone's life... unless the damage they are taking is hardly threatening to begin with.
"The evil that men do lives after them;
The good is oft interred with their bones;
So let it be with BioWare."
~ SWTOR Update 1.2: Legacy

DarkSeroz
02.17.2012 , 04:27 PM | #8
Always sucks to wait for fixes, but good to hear they're in the works. Appreciate the more in depth discussion on several of the game mechanics as well.

Dezzi
02.17.2012 , 04:30 PM | #9
Really nice to hear about the /roll command coming--or a version of it, anyway. But then the rest of the answers erased whatever excitement I was feeling.

Chat bubbles not a priority? How long and how loud do we players need to be before something is a priority? We've been screaming since beta about this!
Ebon Hawk (RP)
Peace | Knowledge | Serenity | the Force
I'm a Jedi because the galaxy needs Jedi.

CajunSinjin
02.17.2012 , 04:31 PM | #10
"Finally, the perception of a specific class being not desirable can also be affected by the desirability of other classes. For example, Sage/Inquisitor healers are currently able to exceed our intended healing performance at times by affecting multiple heals with the same Conveyance/Force Bending buff. Game Update 1.2 will remove the ability to do so."

So does this mean that healing is getting an even greater set back?