Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Armstech?

DeltaEkotte
02.17.2012 , 08:48 AM | #1
A few days ago I got Tanno Vik as a companion for my Trooper, and after 2 days of checking the GTN for techblades (or techswords, whatever he uses) I have only found 1, and its stats were far below the default one that comes with him. Does Armstech have melee weapon schems? Are there any mod-able techblades out there?
Imperial General Ekotte, Captin of the Mandalorian Fist; E-Chimaera

Raani
02.17.2012 , 08:51 AM | #2
There are no moddable techblades, but Armstech gets trainable techblades (green), which can be RE-ed to better.

The one you were looking at must have been much lower-level than his default one. The blue Redoubt ones are very decent for each level.

Rhaphael
02.17.2012 , 08:53 AM | #3
No there are no customizable techblades, but Armstech can make normal ones. Purple (upgraded) artifact versions with augment slot are BiS for companions like him.

Ibaesha
02.17.2012 , 08:55 AM | #4
First, no, there are not any moddable techblades in the game. Or techstaffs for that matter. Second, very nice techblades for Tanno Vik and Qyzen can be crafted, and are better than any from drops or from comm vendors. It sounds like you have a lack of Armstech crafters on your server, or those that are on your sever aren't making techblades. Perhaps you hit the GTN when they were sold out. I'd check again. Techblades are currently the bread and butter for an Armstech crafter, IMO.

DeltaEkotte
02.17.2012 , 10:02 AM | #5
Dam, ok thanks.
Imperial General Ekotte, Captin of the Mandalorian Fist; E-Chimaera

Beonell
02.17.2012 , 11:08 AM | #6
Actually, i do believe there are moddable techblades. I jut picked up the schematic from the armstech trainer on Corellia along w/ the staff for the Yunn character. In truth, I haven't actually looked at them, but the proc orange bordered weapons.

oredith
02.17.2012 , 11:20 AM | #7
it's just not cost effective to take the time to RE the pattern. i collect all my own mats, but still burned about 1mil worth of mats to RE 3 epic techstaff patterns, the first 2 were worthless ones with def/absorb/presence stats, and finally got one that's got crit/power.

and then i spent another 500k-ish to craft up 15 in order to get 2 mastercraft ones.

they won't sell on the GTN for more than 40k, and the people in the market for them are very very limited.

ultimately, there's just no money to be made in it, so why bother. they're just for companions anyways.
(╯□)╯┻━┻
flipp'n yo desk, like a bauss
Tankie

UrbanB
02.18.2012 , 07:12 PM | #8
Dont do armstech, follow the flow, roll with Biotech !

Stryges
02.18.2012 , 07:23 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Ibaesha View Post
First, no, there are not any moddable techblades in the game. Or techstaffs for that matter. Second, very nice techblades for Tanno Vik and Qyzen can be crafted, and are better than any from drops or from comm vendors. It sounds like you have a lack of Armstech crafters on your server, or those that are on your sever aren't making techblades. Perhaps you hit the GTN when they were sold out. I'd check again. Techblades are currently the bread and butter for an Armstech crafter, IMO.
Unless, like on my server, you have morons selling them for like 20k.

Also, not to be a nitpicker (damned nits) there is one moddable techstaff, unfortunately it is will based in its mods (http://www.torhead.com/item/3sDPChk/...5-electrostaff)

Ah, I was corrected. Apparently that is an electrostaff.
"I know some people want death to be super punishing, but short of creating a meta game where you strip your character naked and taser yourself when you die, this game won't provide a punishing death experience for you." - GZ

Chunkie
02.18.2012 , 07:30 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Beonell View Post
Actually, i do believe there are moddable techblades. I jut picked up the schematic from the armstech trainer on Corellia along w/ the staff for the Yunn character. In truth, I haven't actually looked at them, but the proc orange bordered weapons.
I think you're mistaken. There are no hilts for techblades, so there can't be moddable techblades.