Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Wait time 20 minutes!!!!

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

rcrdlee
12.15.2011 , 07:00 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by starglam View Post
be glad you have got the invites. I would gladly wait ten or even twenty minutes if i could even get the invite.......
Getting the invite is not the point and let's face it there is nothing being given to you here, this is just another way of beta testing and we just ran into a major issue of not being able to cope with a heavy influx of users loggin in.

And they should be thanking us for buying their game, but if it continues on this path it will just turn into another Rift, warhammer online, etc, etc...

Jerkyjmoron
12.15.2011 , 07:02 PM | #22
20 minutes !?!?! go cry .. I haven't been able to even get to customer service to answer a stupid security question since tuesday lol.. ne one know how to change the security question? refresh doesn't work either does waiting 1 day w/o touching ne thing... sigh..

Graffitist
12.15.2011 , 07:03 PM | #23
650 ppl queue and a 45 min wait here for Iron Citadel.
"There is nothing so likely to produce peace as to be well prepared to meet the enemy."
-George Washington

rcrdlee
12.15.2011 , 07:05 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Vorodor View Post
A whole 20 minutes?! No way!! Don't they know you are tied to your computer that entire time and couldn't possibly go do something else for that relatively short amount of time?!

Seriously people, they stated a while ago that they expected servers to start having wait times. In the long run a 20 minute queue isn't that bad. The launch has been amazingly smooth thus far and you all just need to stop finding stuff to cry about. Act like adults and wait your turn, at least you are in and getting to play the game before the ACTUAL launch date of the 20th.
And no sir you might have nothing to do I just got home from a full day's work and ready to unwind by playing a game a been waiting for a while. I work for a living and no one has "bought" or "gifted" me this game. Your entitled to your opinions but dont' sit there telling me i can gripe.

Tyldis
12.15.2011 , 07:07 PM | #25
They definately need more servers to balance the load. As someone else said, this is day three of the pre-launch for the rest of the people getting the invites to get into the action early this will be a turn off. Yesterday it was right away to get onto the servers and i was impressed.

If this was the first day i was able to log in, I would not be recommending this to friends. Now is the time to shine and make sure that things are snappy before we get to the 20th, especially of a lot of sales are going to come from word-of-mouth

Oldpappy
12.15.2011 , 07:08 PM | #26
Been waiting for days to get my pre-order e-mail to get in game and I know that a 20 minute que will only add to my frustration for sure. I am however, trying to be patient and have taken into account that with the launch of any big game as such, there are going to be a few wrinkles to iron out. You would think that a multi milion dollar company with an army of brainy tech nerds would have forseen some of these issues but alas; still its a cluster f%$k.

As amazing and dissapointing at once as that is, I am relegated to simply accept these delays. I believe in the end, I will enjoy the game that much more for my darkside ***** is gonna rage on some ***** when I do get in game. Bet. Half my guild is allready in and are loving it so, it'l be fine.
Fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy.

darkwokiie
12.15.2011 , 07:10 PM | #27
45 min que on harbringer with a que of 700+ its ridiculous they need to either create more server slots per server so this doesn't happen or allow us to transfer of the server because the que times in wow were stupid on some servers over an hour you think Bioware would've learned from their mistake.

Kezzt
12.15.2011 , 07:13 PM | #28
Actually, now my cue time is showing as 45+ minutes. Based on the cycle delay on the numbers in the queue, that's probably very LOW. Jung Ma server. I expected queues to a degree. This is a bit excessive. Bioware, please do something to address this, like opening up OTHER RP-PVP servers to ease the load a bit.

Loodite
12.15.2011 , 07:14 PM | #29
Mind Trick - East Coast PVE server. 30+min wait. Is this a computer game or a rollercoaster ride? In that case, here's another revenue source: fastpasses. /sarcasm

I don't want to play on dead/empty servers, but to fill over the top 5 days before actual release? Who's in charge of monitoring server populations? This is looking like nothing was done with the info gathered during guild assignments, etc. How hard can this be?

I guess my options are:
1. Wait for the dissatisfied customers to leave and lower server populations
2. Become a dissatisfied customer and leave, lowering server population

Chaloe
12.15.2011 , 07:20 PM | #30
When I was your age we had 2 or 3 hour ques to get into Everquest! One hour or more in WoW's heyday!

Anything less then an hour que makes me happy.