Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Wait time 20 minutes!!!!

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

rcrdlee
12.15.2011 , 06:33 PM | #1
Are you kidding me? The wait time to get into the server i created a character yesterday which was set as standard is now on a 20 minute queue?

And this is "early access"!!!! Are you ready for a meltdown of your servers on launch day? I hope so because by the looks of it no one will be able to play let alone start their characters.

A little planning goes a long ways, just fyi

Lionhearth
12.15.2011 , 06:34 PM | #2
They have double the amount of servers ready to be deployed

Rixator
12.15.2011 , 06:36 PM | #3
I wonder if they will allow character moves between full servers. This is rediculous!
When you do things right, people won't be certain you've done anything at all.

Sketchyy
12.15.2011 , 06:36 PM | #4
Same thing on my server (Helm of Graush) and it pissed me off because it loaded after I waited 20 minutes and then the screen went black. Now I have to wait another 20

Rixator
12.15.2011 , 06:37 PM | #5
And maybe it's just me, but with a 157 position queue and 10 minute wait - are all the "full" severs PVE? Perhaps there should be significantly more PVE servers than PVP or RP...
When you do things right, people won't be certain you've done anything at all.

Kubwulf
12.15.2011 , 06:38 PM | #6
If you're that unhappy with it, wait for the 20th. Don't bother playing the early access then. So what if you have to wait 20 minutes? Its better than waiting the extra 5 days isn't it?

Theophania
12.15.2011 , 06:40 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Lionhearth View Post
They have double the amount of servers ready to be deployed

Well then they need to deploy more. Too many are showing up as full right now. The people that are playing and have leveled up are not going to want to start over on another server.

TiLeMaNiA
12.15.2011 , 06:43 PM | #8
I happen to agree with the OP... We may be here in advance but the beta test was created to ensure they could handle a load of people. This is (for all intents and purposes) LIVE. They need to ensure that when the 20th comes they dont have MASSIVE waiting times due to lack of preparation.

There are very few people online now in comparison to what it will be during launch week. If they are having multiple queues lining up, even now, they will be in serious trouble when it comes time for game reviewers to take a look at it.

This coming launch could very well determine the fate of the franchise in comparison to other well known MMOs such as Rift and World of Warcraft.

rcrdlee
12.15.2011 , 06:43 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Kubwulf View Post
If you're that unhappy with it, wait for the 20th. Don't bother playing the early access then. So what if you have to wait 20 minutes? Its better than waiting the extra 5 days isn't it?
I guarantee you release day is going to fail, then come back here and tell me if you are happy. Yes I am unhappy and yes I will mostlikely not pay to play this game, take a loss on the purchase of the game and play something that works and has been planned out for a mass influx of users.
Please don't get on your white horse and put on your shinning armor to defend something that has not been carefully planned out for sucess.

Zemeric
12.15.2011 , 06:45 PM | #10
20 min that's it? I waited 30 min only to get kicked.... Logged back in and now its a 50 min wait....