Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rolling On Crystal Alloy

xJACKTHERIPPERx
02.17.2012 , 04:08 AM | #1
So my guild has been running hard modes recently, and the alloy drops at the end of every one, and we've all been rolling need on it, but out of the 5 or 6 runs we've done, one guildy has won 3 of them, but he doesn't even have a crafting profession leveled. He says he wants them for when he does level it sometime in the future whenever that will be (he only logs on to do HM's then logs out).

Is it unreasonable to ask him to stop rolling on it now that he has 3 of them that will just sit in his inventory for a month, so that the rest of us who actually have a projet we want to craft have a better chance of getting one and can actually make something?

He doesn't seem to see the fact that it would be more beneficial for the people who need them to get them right now, then he can get them when he needs them. (Because the bonuses that Rakata adrenals give to a players DPS is 'negligible'.)
<Shadowlands> Munda - 60 Sniper | Seever - 60 Juggernaut | Kaasra - 60 Assassin | Vasius - 56 Mercenary | Innoss - 57 Sage | Sediya - 60 Vanguard | Yellow'Polka - 56 Sentinel | Vi'da - 55 Scoundrel

Antario
02.17.2012 , 04:13 AM | #2
i would've gotten pissed at him already

cant believe your actually asking this, would seem blatantly obvious

seeing as its a 100% drop normally and for D7 200% droprate on the damned things

when his lazy *** does finally level it he can just go acquire some more for himself
in the meantime tell him to stop being a douche
- C O R A L -
- Pursuing excellence in the endgame content of PvE and PvP -
- Guild HQ | Recruitment | External Site | External Forums -

xJACKTHERIPPERx
02.17.2012 , 04:16 AM | #3
Well you dont know him lol. his excuse is that he deserves a reward for his efforts. Mine is that the whole group does. 3 of us need the alloy, he doesn't need them at the moment. ive tried explaining to him that if we all get ours first, then by the time he levels his crafting we wont need them anymore and he can have all the alloy he wants.
<Shadowlands> Munda - 60 Sniper | Seever - 60 Juggernaut | Kaasra - 60 Assassin | Vasius - 56 Mercenary | Innoss - 57 Sage | Sediya - 60 Vanguard | Yellow'Polka - 56 Sentinel | Vi'da - 55 Scoundrel

schnopsnosn
02.17.2012 , 04:19 AM | #4
Simple solution: Don't run any more HMs with him and kick him.

xJACKTHERIPPERx
02.17.2012 , 04:21 AM | #5
well ive known him for years, so im not gonna do that. but i think ill start PUGing with that char and do guild runs on my sniper. pugs dont seem to mind letting u have the alloy from what ive seen

schnopsnosn
02.17.2012 , 04:26 AM | #6
I'd tell him "straight to the face" that unless he's changing his attitude he won't be running HMs with us again.
No matter how long I've known that person, this is a class-a-hole move tbh.

Fercil
02.17.2012 , 04:28 AM | #7
There's no reason to be overly nice to him just because you've known him for years since obviously he's not feeling the same way. Just take someone else instead of him on your runs, it might make him reconsider his attitude.

Claudistine
02.17.2012 , 04:28 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by xJACKTHERIPPERx View Post
Well you dont know him lol. his excuse is that he deserves a reward for his efforts. Mine is that the whole group does. 3 of us need the alloy, he doesn't need them at the moment. ive tried explaining to him that if we all get ours first, then by the time he levels his crafting we wont need them anymore and he can have all the alloy he wants.
He does not need it -yet- says it all imo. Need it if you can actually need it. but thats my opinion. As you know the guy for several years, he really should listen when u try to explain something to him. As he now comes across to be a loot-orientated person.

xJACKTHERIPPERx
02.17.2012 , 04:32 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Fercil View Post
There's no reason to be overly nice to him just because you've known him for years since obviously he's not feeling the same way. Just take someone else instead of him on your runs, it might make him reconsider his attitude.
well thats the problem, we only have 4 members who are able to do hard modes, and we do all work well together so it would be hard to find someone new.

Quote: Originally Posted by Claudistine View Post
He does not need it -yet- says it all imo. Need it if you can actually need it. but thats my opinion. As you know the guy for several years, he really should listen when u try to explain something to him. As he now comes across to be a loot-orientated person.
well thats what i tried to explain, plus since he's never on except to do hard modes, why does it matter to him so much to be rewarded if he's not even going to be on. i told him i wouldnt care if he actually leveled his crafting higher than like 20.

its just odd that a pug is nicer about this than he is lol

and he complains that he wants to be rewarded for his efforts, well so do the rest of us, and when all that drops for us is usually BH gear (we dont run with a BH) the alloy is usually the only worthwhile thing, so how do the rest of us (who actually have a crafting project) feel when we get nothing and someone who doesnt have a use for it yet gets 2 in 1 run?

Fercil
02.17.2012 , 04:35 AM | #10
Well, you could pug the 4th spot. It's pretty certain though that unless you act on his behaviour now he will be doing it all over again later with some other drops.