Rolling On Crystal Alloy

So my guild has been running hard modes recently, and the alloy drops at the end of every one, and we've all been rolling need on it, but out of the 5 or 6 runs we've done, one guildy has won 3 of them, but he doesn't even have a crafting profession leveled. He says he wants them for when he does level it sometime in the future whenever that will be (he only logs on to do HM's then logs out).

Is it unreasonable to ask him to stop rolling on it now that he has 3 of them that will just sit in his inventory for a month, so that the rest of us who actually have a projet we want to craft have a better chance of getting one and can actually make something?

He doesn't seem to see the fact that it would be more beneficial for the people who need them to get them right now, then he can get them when he needs them. (Because the bonuses that Rakata adrenals give to a players DPS is 'negligible'.)

Edited by xJACKTHERIPPERx

i would've gotten pissed at him already

cant believe your actually asking this, would seem blatantly obvious

seeing as its a 100% drop normally and for D7 200% droprate on the damned things

when his lazy *** does finally level it he can just go acquire some more for himself

in the meantime tell him to stop being a douche

Well you dont know him lol. his excuse is that he deserves a reward for his efforts. Mine is that the whole group does. 3 of us need the alloy, he doesn't need them at the moment. ive tried explaining to him that if we all get ours first, then by the time he levels his crafting we wont need them anymore and he can have all the alloy he wants.

Well you dont know him lol. his excuse is that he deserves a reward for his efforts. Mine is that the whole group does. 3 of us need the alloy, he doesn't need them at the moment. ive tried explaining to him that if we all get ours first, then by the time he levels his crafting we wont need them anymore and he can have all the alloy he wants.

He does not need it -yet- says it all imo. Need it if you can actually need it. but thats my opinion. As you know the guy for several years, he really should listen when u try to explain something to him. As he now comes across to be a loot-orientated person.

There's no reason to be overly nice to him just because you've known him for years since obviously he's not feeling the same way. Just take someone else instead of him on your runs, it might make him reconsider his attitude.

well thats the problem, we only have 4 members who are able to do hard modes, and we do all work well together so it would be hard to find someone new.

He does not need it -yet- says it all imo. Need it if you can actually need it. but thats my opinion. As you know the guy for several years, he really should listen when u try to explain something to him. As he now comes across to be a loot-orientated person.

well thats what i tried to explain, plus since he's never on except to do hard modes, why does it matter to him so much to be rewarded if he's not even going to be on. i told him i wouldnt care if he actually leveled his crafting higher than like 20.

its just odd that a pug is nicer about this than he is lol

and he complains that he wants to be rewarded for his efforts, well so do the rest of us, and when all that drops for us is usually BH gear (we dont run with a BH) the alloy is usually the only worthwhile thing, so how do the rest of us (who actually have a crafting project) feel when we get nothing and someone who doesnt have a use for it yet gets 2 in 1 run?

Edited by xJACKTHERIPPERx

ya...tried that lol. didnt work. he knows he's a dick, and admitted he's being selfish about it

So he doesn't care about you as a friend, get rid of him.

The problem is if he continues like that you won't be running HMs anyway because the others will get tired of it.

Edited by schnopsnosn

So he doesn't care about you as a friend, get rid of him.

Well, hopefully by tmw he'll come to his senses. I bugged the **** out of him tonight after the run. Especialy when he said the extra DPS I'd gain from a Rakata adrenal wouldnt matter at all during a boss fight even though we've had some fights that come down to the last man standing vs. the boss

If you're running HM's with the same group each time, just choose who gets the biocrystal? When I ran with my guild, we went with two biochems with zero Rakata stuff, and a synth/armor. Sure, I need more biocrystals as synth, but we gave one crystal to each of the biochems, because that makes the most sense.

If your friend doesn't like that bit of sense, just put everyone in a list and assign the biocrystal to the next guy in the list each time. Everyone gets something, nice and fair. RNG shouldn't need to be involved in a guild run unless you want it to be.

Then he's not only selfish, but clueless aswell.

lol, it took me probly 25 minutes to get him to say he agrees with me that if a boss wiped us and he had 5k HP left, and if someone had've been able to do an extra 5k dmg, that we wouldn't have wiped. thats how frustrating it is talking to him lol.

Well.. not really sure what you want from this thread to be honest. It seems clear that everybody is saying get rid of this guy yet you're hesitant to do so which I can't see why?

Do you know this person in RL or just known him for ages online? Either way, doesn't even really matter. Recruit a new person and in all likelihood, they'll be more friendly and do their job just as good.

So my guild has been running hard modes recently, and the alloy drops at the end of every one, and we've all been rolling need on it, but out of the 5 or 6 runs we've done, one guildy has won 3 of them, but he doesn't even have a crafting profession leveled. He says he wants them for when he does level it sometime in the future whenever that will be (he only logs on to do HM's then logs out).

Is it unreasonable to ask him to stop rolling on it now that he has 3 of them that will just sit in his inventory for a month, so that the rest of us who actually have a projet we want to craft have a better chance of getting one and can actually make something?

He doesn't seem to see the fact that it would be more beneficial for the people who need them to get them right now, then he can get them when he needs them. (Because the bonuses that Rakata adrenals give to a players DPS is 'negligible'.)

We only roll "need" if the current crafting progression can use it and we do not have these items at all.

We roll "greed" if we need that belt crited but have one already (or whatever non crit version you did already craft)

Everyone else "passes" -> X

It will still take months till everyone has crit craft items for his current crafting profession.

As a guild we are here to help each other. I think your guildmate needs a reminder of that.

Just because he might want to use it in one or three months he should not block gear progression of his guildmates NOW. ;)

In our guild we roll need no matter what on the alloys.. If you get one, you have to pass for the rest of the week (we're spreading out the raid content).. If you get lucky and get both from a single boss, well you're just lucky and can still roll the week after.

I never tried it on a Fp but, Does masterlooter works fine in flashpoints? It could be a solution. That way that person just would not have the option to choose.

(by the way, come on, at lvl50 you can raise a crew skill to 400 in one evening)

Edited by IshAtr

We only roll "need" if the current crafting progression can use it and we do not have these items at all.

We roll "greed" if we need that belt crited but have one already (or whatever non crit version you did already craft)

Everyone else "passes" -> X

It will still take months till everyone has crit craft items for his current crafting profession.

As a guild we are here to help each other. I think your guildmate needs a reminder of that.

Just because he might want to use it in one or three months he should not block gear progression of his guildmates NOW. ;)

this pretty much sums up my feelings.

i wasnt sure if i was being unreasonable asking him to pass on the alloy. thanks all.

Unreasonable? I personally think you're all being silly in letting this go by. Only need something that you can readily use, unless no one else has interest in it.