Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How George Lucas May Erase Star Wars "Original Trilogy" from canon

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
How George Lucas May Erase Star Wars "Original Trilogy" from canon

Arumat
02.17.2012 , 11:28 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by RagnarokJC View Post
If you think that the PT films are good films, then we do indeed have a higher taste than you. Thanks.
For the record I enjoyed all the movies.
Then again I don't look too much into things and enjoy something for what it is and not try and 'find' reasons to hate it.

Though people should really look at it in the other prospective. If someone new to star wars wants to watch the movies now, the most logical thing to do is start from episode 1 and move on to 6. most likley 4-6 will be the one to not make sense and be worse than the others.

But the ones that hate prequels usually either had the "pleasure" of seeing 4-6 first, or joined the band wagon that 4-6 is better and 1-3 is their guilty pleasure.

mefit
02.17.2012 , 11:31 PM | #22
I for one like the PT films, I loved Ep3 the best . Anakin vs Obi-wan was the best fight in SW movies period.

I do not pay attention to JarJar and think Lucas had a moment where he did what he wanted and didn't care what people thought ...............as usual
I am happy he directed them and do not think that they would be anywhere the same if anyone else did.

With that said , his whole Canon and none Canon bs is killing the love for the brand.
Alot of people are still and even more SW fans because of EU but when Lucas talks about EU , he says it all doesn't matter and everything before the movies and after does not happen.

I think Lucas had a good idea, and I think it is not love for the brand that he does what he does, it is because he does not want to see anyone make his property better than what he could !

I even at 32 years old watch Clone Wars on CN and like that also.

Lucas forgets that SW has paid for him to have his lovely life, and all taht money came from mostly his SW following who love more than just his movies . I think he should respect EU a little more and maybe allow those characters more life than just saying they are garbage nonefactors .

Anakin will always be my favorite character (before vadar and vadar) but to keep on making him number 1 in this or that is killing off the things I liked about Anakin the most .......his ability to be related to. To me he was human and beatable but was skilled enough to overcome , but Lucas here of late with his EU bashing has made Anakin out to be more than Human and relateable .

Lucas make books and EU into canon please !

webgrecian
02.18.2012 , 05:40 AM | #23
Personally, I think it is a shame that Lucas made three more far less satisfactory Star Wars films after the first excellent three. However, having said that, providing that the current films aren't deleted, made unavailable and/or never shown again, it's his creation and pretty much up to him what he does with it.
Webgrecian

Wylding
02.18.2012 , 05:47 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Geewiz View Post
Someone needs to stop lucas.... BY ANY MEANS NESSESARY. Even if you have to roll a sorc.
Let the Wookie win.

Mofotrey
02.18.2012 , 11:23 AM | #25
If you think that the PT films are good films, then we do indeed have a higher taste than you. Thanks.
Congratulations on becoming Opinion Emperor of the Universe!! With your new position, you get to decide who has good opinions and who has bad opinions! The choice is solely yours and extends to every aspect of one's life. If someone disagrees with you, you are able to label them as stupid, tasteless morons, which will undoubtedly make you feel better about yourself as you reaffirm your own misguided opinions by bringing down the opinions of anyone who disagrees with you. I hope that you have a long and glorious reign as Opinion Emperor of the Universe, just remember that it's all in your mind.
Mitthrawnuruodo - 50 Mercenary - Prophecy of the Five
Abeloth - 19 Sith Sorcerer - Prophecy of the Five
Vestara'Khai - 5 Sith Warrior - Prophecy of the Five
Gnaos - 12 Guardian - Jedi Covenant

Darth_Malevolent
02.18.2012 , 02:21 PM | #26
Im actually amazed an insane nerd hasn't done what needs to be done in regards to Mr. Lucas' contempt for his fans

just saying.... he wore the "Han Shot First" t-shirt on the set of Indiana Jones 4, he's aware of how annoyed we are.... especially when he doesn't really have the right to change ESB since he wasn't the one who directed it
The Dark Side is Omnipotent in this one

RagnarokJC
02.18.2012 , 03:16 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Arumat View Post
But the ones that hate prequels usually either had the "pleasure" of seeing 4-6 first, or joined the band wagon that 4-6 is better and 1-3 is their guilty pleasure.
Or they're people who know what good films are. Don't leave that option out. Feel free to join those people by expanding your horizons a bit.
"Consider it a health timer. Go outside and run until the timer expires, fatty."
- Darthjazzyjeff

RagnarokJC
02.18.2012 , 03:17 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Mofotrey View Post
Congratulations on becoming Opinion Emperor of the Universe!! With your new position, you get to decide who has good opinions and who has bad opinions! The choice is solely yours and extends to every aspect of one's life. If someone disagrees with you, you are able to label them as stupid, tasteless morons, which will undoubtedly make you feel better about yourself as you reaffirm your own misguided opinions by bringing down the opinions of anyone who disagrees with you. I hope that you have a long and glorious reign as Opinion Emperor of the Universe, just remember that it's all in your mind.
Emo much? Appeals to emotion as an argument is never a good way to debate anything.
"Consider it a health timer. Go outside and run until the timer expires, fatty."
- Darthjazzyjeff

_Zorth_
02.18.2012 , 05:30 PM | #29
Or they're people who know what good films are. Don't leave that option out. Feel free to join those people by expanding your horizons a bit.

Good/Bad is a point of view..
If you can't accept that, you are a *insert bad word here*

The Red Eclipse
Best Player World Wide
..Greedo shot first

GetPloughed
02.18.2012 , 06:11 PM | #30
If he wants to make a Jedi vs Sith TV show, instead of getting rid of Darth Vader, he can just base it in the Old Republic.

Win win.