Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How George Lucas May Erase Star Wars "Original Trilogy" from canon

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
How George Lucas May Erase Star Wars "Original Trilogy" from canon

Arumat
02.17.2012 , 04:08 AM | #1
Quote:
Now, we hate to perpetuate rumors that may not have any basis in reality, but this latest bit of "Star Wars" left-field scuttlebutt has intrigued us because, well, it kinda makes sense. And if George Lucas isn't, in fact, planning on doing what this rumor claims he's planning on doing, he may want to consider it.

We're talking about nuking the Star Wars universe. Or, more specifically, erasing the original trilogy and all its goodness from the world for good.

The rumor - which, again, is extremely tenuous - claims that the in-development live-action "Star Wars" TV series (which Lucas claims has "over 50 hours" worth of scripts just sitting on a shelf, waiting) will begin with a group of bounty hunters discovering a way to travel through time. Armed with this new-found ability, they head back to the Clone Wars era and prevent Anakin Skywalker from becoming Darth Vader.
Source: http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local...138583519.html

Rumors are rumors, but for some reason I wouldn't put this past him.

Discuss.

DarylMusashi
02.17.2012 , 04:12 AM | #2
I've come to regard the most outlandish rumors about Lucas' next horrible idea as to be more than likely true. I won't be shocked if this rumor becomes reality.

Gomla
02.17.2012 , 05:16 AM | #3
If it was any other person (apart from Uwe Boll) then i'd say it was a lie.

The sad thing is that Lucas would more than likely do something like that.

This is the bloke that thought Indiana Jones needed aliens.

Carnor-Jax
02.17.2012 , 07:12 AM | #4
First its Lucas's story and not ours so he can do what he wants really but I doubt he would do this. What Lucas should do is have movie cannon and then everything else call...

Alternative Universe instead of expanded.

Star Trek basically does this where everything out of the TV shows and the movies for those shows (TOS & TNG) is cannon but all books/audio stories, comics etc are NOT so this allow new ideas to flesh out characters and the universe without messing cannon up.

JDTC
02.17.2012 , 07:23 AM | #5
i hope he does

then he can finally set the precedent that nothing in star wars matters, there is no such thing as canon, and his fanboys can quietly take their leave.
i support powertech

Liquidacid
02.17.2012 , 07:34 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Carnor-Jax View Post
First its Lucas's story and not ours so he can do what he wants really but I doubt he would do this. What Lucas should do is have movie cannon and then everything else call...

Alternative Universe instead of expanded.

Star Trek basically does this where everything out of the TV shows and the movies for those shows (TOS & TNG) is cannon but all books/audio stories, comics etc are NOT so this allow new ideas to flesh out characters and the universe without messing cannon up.
the problem with the way ST does it is that they fk up their own canon and contradict themselves so often not only between series but during the same series and sometimes even during the same episode that "canon" is basically non-existent in the ST universe... don't get me wrong I enjoyed the shows for what they were... it just seems like the writers never talked to each other or watched any of the other ST series, movies or episodes but just read the little TV guide summary and went from their

Quote: Originally Posted by Arumat View Post
Source: http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local...138583519.html

Rumors are rumors, but for some reason I wouldn't put this past him.

Discuss.
that's not even close to being correct... Lucas already said the Live action TV series he was working on (was to be called "Star Wars: Underworld"), which is on hold now for budgeting reasons.. Lucas announced in 2011 that 50 scripts had been completed.. also he said flat out it is not about ANY of the major characters... it was to take place between ep 3 and 4 while the empire is still building up and be about the more minor people in the SW galaxy.. but as of now they haven't even started filming cause Lucas won't pony up the cash to kick it off

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Underworld
"bibo ergo sum" ( I drink, therefore I am)

Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at.

Krazed
02.17.2012 , 05:42 PM | #7
he couldn't delete it if he tried.

Darth_Malevolent
02.17.2012 , 05:47 PM | #8
He deletes it piece by piece.... when they had to make a press conference saying the "NOOOOO" at the end of ROTJ was real, that's when I realized, he can do anything he wants to his slock, we can only wait till he's dead before we can change them back.

Kind of messed up how he was apart of the opposition against Ted Turner many years ago in regards to him modifying original works of film, more or less about him colorizing classic black and white films, and Lucas saying that it destroys the originality and feel of those classics and challenged if he even had the right to do it; that it's like if someone wanted to modify the Mona Lisa..... but now he's turned hypocrite, but he DIDN'T Direct ESB, and should be held accountable and be kept from trashing atleast that... it's not his work of art, it was someone else's, someone who doesn't require editing to save his butt
The Dark Side is Omnipotent in this one

jarjarloves
02.17.2012 , 06:25 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Liquidacid View Post
the problem with the way ST does it is that they fk up their own canon and contradict themselves so often not only between series but during the same series and sometimes even during the same episode that "canon" is basically non-existent in the ST universe... don't get me wrong I enjoyed the shows for what they were... it just seems like the writers never talked to each other or watched any of the other ST series, movies or episodes but just read the little TV guide summary and went from their

that's not even close to being correct... Lucas already said the Live action TV series he was working on (was to be called "Star Wars: Underworld"), which is on hold now for budgeting reasons.. Lucas announced in 2011 that 50 scripts had been completed.. also he said flat out it is not about ANY of the major characters... it was to take place between ep 3 and 4 while the empire is still building up and be about the more minor people in the SW galaxy.. but as of now they haven't even started filming cause Lucas won't pony up the cash to kick it off

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Underworld
while it's true we really don't know anything about what it is. Never ever use Wookipedia as a source for Star Wars information. That site is just consistently wrong. I could give you example after example where articles just pull information out of their asses.

Geewiz
02.17.2012 , 07:34 PM | #10
Someone needs to stop lucas.... BY ANY MEANS NESSESARY. Even if you have to roll a sorc.