Based orange item rating and vs purple ?

sirwyst

Hi

got confused by some purchase yesterday : Purchased Marauder's vest on GTN, orange opened for Armoring, Mod, Enhancement. I previously had a Purple Prototype Gladiator Chestguard with following stats :

Gladiator purple :

- 461 armor (rating 76)

- Mod 28, Advanced guardian Mod 11 (+15 strength, +17 endurance)

- Enhancement 28 , Advanced Raded Enhancement 11 (+13 endurance, + 19 power)

because I just had a bit cash ahead, I wanted to try to pull out the mod from the Purple gladiator and put them into the Orange Maruader's vest. I know this is usually not profitable to remove mod, cost too mush, but this is not my question.

My question is on the result of this operation. I ended up with a Marauder Orange that was lower than the purple item (after switching the same mod). I was of course disappointed and removed them and put them back to the purple item.

So here is my question : I thought that the Orange items are opened and level with you. In that case, they should be as strong as the purple in some case no ? Or is it because the purple item already had some pre stats that make it better than the orange item ?

Second question : The rating of the Marauder's vest was 6. Is it the case of all Orange item (without modification or item) or is there higher based rating for Orange item ?

Thanks

I think some purples are better than oranges due to base stats, yes, but it's possible to have oranges that are better than purples if you have all purple mods of same or close level as you, for example. Although maybe not better than all purples... they vary a lot.

Also all oranges of the same armor type (light/medium/heavy) have the same base armor regardless of armor equip level - the only difference is appearance and item modifications.

Orange weapons and armor scale with the Hilt, Barrel or Armoring you put in them. Mods, Enhancements and Augments do not affect this.

This. The 'pre stats' you see in purple item is actually purple armoring of appropriate grade that can't be removed from the item. Eg: rating 124 purple (req lvl 49 or 50) with mod/enhancement removed will have exactly the same stats as an orange item with rank 22 purple armoring

Edited by tenehuini

So let me try to understand this. In my case as a synth weaver with the orange patterns for light armor lower robes (they have like 7 armor unmodded), there are no highe level patterns for these slots? So are these good recipes? Or can I expect to find better orange recipes later?

Thank you! That answers my question. So in essence if I like the appearance of my level 10 orange craft able, I can keept it comparable to any drops quest items an purples by replacing the mods and slots periodically.

Good to know, but the game itself doesnt clearly explain this.

Thank you again!

thanks for the answers all.

some direct answers below :

- @sadistic : I did not know, thanks for that

- @Jehenna : guess u right, that was probably the case with my purple item. Too bad, I loved the look of my orange item but do not want to sacrifice too many stats for visual appearance.

- @livnthedream : ok noted for rating. Though in my case, armor stats and Endurance / Strengths were way higher with the purple (should have taken screenshot...)

- @Gillon and Rixxart : I had actually the same question. Now confirmed, all orange item have the same base stats right ? In that case, is there any way to "calculate or estimate" the orange stats armor and others before you put in the mods ? Any formula there ?

Thanks