Mercs Tracer Missile Stacking Bugged

TiTaNsFaN

Mercenary tracer missile effects seem to benefit other mercenarys in an Ops group thereby magnifying the damage of heetseeker tremendously.

This makes a mercenary heavy dps group by far the best dps group for any PvE content since their damage is substantially higher than any other class.

Is this intentional or listed as a known bug somewhere?

Mercenary tracer missile effects seem to benefit other mercenarys in an Ops group thereby magnifying the damage of heetseeker tremendously.

This makes a mercenary heavy dps group by far the best dps group for any PvE content since their damage is substantially higher than any other class.

This is indeed happening. Premades stacking commandos and brain-dead Garv spam will stack multiple times PER commando. I one time had 3 seperate stack of 5x heat signature on me and stuff was killing me real quick even tho we had 3 healers stack healing on me.

Actually all debuffs stack....

I know as a SW that my Armor debuff stacks with my friend Sniper Armor debuff.... and if a merc rolled with use his armor debuff stacks.

So Merc's armor debuff stacks.... big deal.

Better then no debuff stacking... and then no point in bringing more then 1 armor debuffer to raids or pvp groups.

This is indeed happening. Premades stacking commandos and brain-dead Garv spam will stack multiple times PER commando. I one time had 3 seperate stack of 5x heat signature on me and stuff was killing me real quick even tho we had 3 healers stack healing on me.

They don't benefit from each heat signature... just the debuff on the armor part.

/facepalm

The armor reduction is universal. All physical and kinetic attacks benefit from it.

/facepalm

The armor reduction is universal. All physical and kinetic attacks benefit from it.

I think he means that the heat signatures for every single person who puts one on the target, is added to the bonus certain abilities get.

For example, instead of heatseeker missiles only receiving a 5% bonus for each of your heat sigs, it receives a 5% bonus for every sig on the target even the ones cast by another player.

This does not work with any other ability that reduces armor. Guardian Slash does not increase its damage based on other people's armor debuffs on the target.

I cannot use Plasma Brand on a target unless I have sundered them. No amount of sunders from any other person allow me to do so.

I think he means that the heat signatures for every single person who puts one on the target, is added to the bonus certain abilities get.

For example, instead of heatseeker missiles only receiving a 5% bonus for each of your heat sigs, it receives a 5% bonus for every sig on the target even the ones cast by another player.

This does not work with any other ability that reduces armor. Guardian Slash does not increase its damage based on other people's armor debuffs on the target.

I cannot use Plasma Brand on a target unless I have sundered them. No amount of sunders from any other person allow me to do so.

He has nothing to back up such a claim. Without any evidence to anecdotal bugs, I say that it is absolutely normal that further 20% armor reduction make a kinetic ability deal more damage.

I just think there's a problem with a class when every time I target them they are casting the same ability. I kinda feel sorry for them.

that said, I've seen mercs absolutely wasting ppl lately when I have a few of them on my team.

Edited by Prolyfic

That is how I believe it works as well.

I've been seeing crits of 6500-7000 fairly consistently on mobs in EV and Karaggas on my demo round with another commando in the group. With a base skill damage 2000-2200 (somewhere around there) I should be capping out around 5500 and that is if there is zero damage reduction from the boss.

Only way it really makes sense is if I am getting another 25% from the other commando's grav rounds.

That is how I believe it works as well.

I've been seeing crits of 6500-7000 fairly consistently on mobs in EV and Karaggas on my demo round with another commando in the group. With a base skill damage 2000-2200 (somewhere around there) I should be capping out around 5500 and that is if there is zero damage reduction from the boss.

Only way it really makes sense is if I am getting another 25% from the other commando's grav rounds.

^This. Our merc was drooling over his 7k+ crit heatseekers when we paired him up with another merc on our latest KP run.

Mercs are definitely benefitting from each other specifically, it is not a universal gain from the armor pen.

Does this has any influence in pvp ?

Assuming 3 mercs attack same target that is guarded and is being healed. Heatseeker can crit for over 8k once the defensive cds/abilities are down (guarding player dead)

post 1.1.1 patch

http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/764/bighits.jpg

Not my screenshot.

However this rarely occurs, cause most teams are mainly sorc/sage, even if there are 3 mercs/commandos they dont always focus same player and if 3-4 mercs focus same player he/she usually will die.

Edited by shadowAI

/facepalm

Before making snide comments, please understand the way abilities that are being discussed actually function.

1 merc = 5k heatseeker crit

4 merc = 8k+ heatseeker crit.

This is related to heatseeker itself receiving a 5% buff to its damage from each heatsignature and is not related to armor itself.

5 mercs. heatsignature gets 125% bonus damage.

Edited by shadowAI

Retracted

Edited by Valketh
Mis interpreted OP's issue.

Before making snide comments, please understand the way abilities that are being discussed actually function.

This is related to heatseeker itself receiving a 5% buff to its damage from each heatsignature and is not related to armor itself.

^So any word from Bioware on this?

/double-facepalm

A 5k crit damage heatseeker missile with 125% bonus damage would be critting for 11.250. If you are getting crits in the range of 8k (if you didn't just pull the numbers out of your hat, that is), you are merely seeing the effects of stacked armor reduction (60% more damage).

Before resorting to personal attacks, please deliver some real numbers from a large enough test sample. Anything less is just rumor-mongering.

/double-facepalm

A 5k crit damage heatseeker missile with 125% bonus damage would be critting for 11.250. If you are getting crits in the range of 8k (if you didn't just pull the numbers out of your hat, that is), you are merely seeing the effects of stacked armor reduction (60% more damage).

Before resorting to personal attacks, please deliver some real numbers from a large enough test sample. Anything less is just rumor-mongering.

No.

5k with a single merc means 4k + 25% = 5k.

With 4 mercs you get 4k + 100% = 8k.

Btw I get 7-8k crits with adrenal, relic and 3 mercs:

http://i.imgur.com/ZSfDF.jpg

/double-facepalm

I never stated that 125% =8k.

If this was an issue of armor debuff increasing damage to 160% (its not). It would impact all abilities and not only one.

Edited by shadowAI

Actually I did notice there is something strange with abilities who needs a casting time. I need to test this more, but sometimes when you spam an ability with a casting bar the next attack starts before the cast for the first attack did end. I noticed also that if you use a casting skill combined with an instant skill, both can be fired.

This needs really more testing, but I would love that some of you try this and report about.

Edited by BobaFurz