Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cant PVE with my Spec

Toledous
02.17.2012 , 01:39 AM | #1
Don't want to respec because I perform well in PvP, but I would like to PVE from time to time without changing my spec and spending 20min readjusting my quickslots. I'm a hybrid sage 21/7/13 and I've had people quit on me 1/2 way through HMs once they found out....***

Fishcatch
02.17.2012 , 01:48 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Toledous View Post
Don't want to respec because I perform well in PvP, but I would like to PVE from time to time without changing my spec and spending 20min readjusting my quickslots. I'm a hybrid sage 21/7/13 and I've had people quit on me 1/2 way through HMs once they found out....***
That's because in Hards, DPS matters. A lot. If you're not a full DPS, the bosses could hit their enrage timers and easily wipe your group. And you can't heal that great either without your big 'ol AoE healfest, which is the main Sage signature move. If you want to do PvE, just decide what you want to be and respec when you decide to run HMs with folks. Credits are like water endgame if you do dalies regularly.
I am The Argent Trooper, Knight of the Old Republic
▯█!▉ℶℶℶ[]ℶℶℶ█!██████████████████████████)

Xevista
02.17.2012 , 02:04 AM | #3
You'll have to switch unfortunately until some kind of dual spec comes into play.
Hydian Exiles | Pve - End Game Content | Red Eclipse

Karasuko
02.17.2012 , 03:03 AM | #4
Sigh another entitled lazy.
You can't expect a spec to be perfect in pve and pvp at the same time.
Either A) suck it up.
or B) respec whenever you want to do pve.

This isn't wow, its similar but its not WoW. Deal with it.

Wisz_Rethon
02.17.2012 , 03:07 AM | #5
may I suggest that you spec pve and endure being slightly less performing in pvp since you can still boss it out in pvp on a 31 pointer?
SWTOR: you expected .
you thought you got got .
but it's really .

Boxcar
02.17.2012 , 03:42 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Karasuko View Post
Either A) suck it up.

What does that mean? This game will have dual specs, just like WoW. This isn't some tough, harsh, unforgiving MMO.

Toledous
02.17.2012 , 11:31 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Karasuko View Post
Either A) suck it up.

Never played wow extensively. Played SWG. Shouldn't have to be full Seer for a basic area heal...jus sayin.

BMBender
02.17.2012 , 11:40 AM | #8
oh noes I cant pve in a pvp spec...your joking right?
you do realise what the flip side of that argument is don't you?
oh noes I can't pvp with my pve build<------you know the ones usually called targets
The only thing that should impact a players success/failure in pvpplayervsplayeris his/her skill not what they are wearing. Otherwise call it GvG gear vs gear, crunch the #'s in a calc, face-roll your keyboard, and go watch TV.polls by paulolesonhttp://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=164486pollhttp://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=164530

ViperI
02.17.2012 , 11:43 AM | #9
Never played wow extensively. Played SWG. Shouldn't have to be full Seer for a basic area heal...jus sayin.
AOE heal is not a basic ability, it's the signature ability for healers to distinguish them from other sages that don't spec full healing.
Viper 1
Frozen In Carbonite

The_FeniX
02.17.2012 , 11:59 AM | #10
If you're downing bosses and keeping everyone healed with no issue, then they're being petty. But if you're getting half-way through after numerous wipes because your heaing is subpar, it's time to bite the bullet and respec.
Fenix - 50 Guardian - 14/27/0
Possible DPS Build - Will know more when dual-specs come.

Good Times.......