Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

ZERO faith in Customer Service?


tccurry's Avatar


tccurry
02.17.2012 , 12:56 AM | #1
Why? I have never felt that way in other MMO's..

This was my message to the CS bot...

I was in a 4 man hard mode with my wife and 2 people from our guild. At the last boss we all died at the same time that the boss died. It would not let us re-enter the instance to loot the boss.

THE BOSS DIED... WE KILLED HIM... WE CAN NOT LOOT HIM.. ARE WE THE FIRST GROUP THIS HAS HAPPENED TO? I THINK NOT!!!

If you complete the quest.. I can understand not being able to continue in that quest line... However, not being able to loot from an instance because a quest was completed is an issue!

Please include this in your laundry list of problems DROID... people love this game... but in all honesty, even those of us that love it know that it sucks because of all the bugs...

This game will die and you... you DROID, will be DEACTIVATED unless this **** gets fixed.

Can Droids read basic, I honestly don't know but at least I spoke my mind.

Rovalis's Avatar


Rovalis
02.17.2012 , 01:00 AM | #2
I agree, if the boss died then you are deserving of loot.

However, it's not the customer service representatives fault that you died on the final encounter, regardless of the circumstance. Run it again and don't die.

Creedon's Avatar


Creedon
02.17.2012 , 01:15 AM | #3
This happend to me on False Emporer (HM) fighting the last boss (Darth Malgus)... He was at 2% and i had a moment of stupidity and was tossed out of the instance into the black 'abyss'. Died of course, and kicked out unable to come back in for the loot.

This was reported and i got the same automated response of:

"I am Protocol Droid U3-M1 of Human-Cybork Relations... yatta yatta...

Really? Immersion i understand, but come on LOL..

I just hope they patch the freaking thing and put a floor somewhere so u die in the instance and can be resurrected.

I feel your pain.
-=FORGE=-
The Fidelis Legacy

tccurry's Avatar


tccurry
02.17.2012 , 01:32 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Rovalis View Post
I agree, if the boss died then you are deserving of loot.

However, it's not the customer service representatives fault that you died on the final encounter, regardless of the circumstance. Run it again and don't die.
Does not matter this should be fixed... coding is hard... making a game work properly ... priceless

Onyx's Avatar


Onyx
02.17.2012 , 01:44 AM | #5
And of course insulting people always goes a long way in convincing them to assist you . . . .
Star Wars fan for life
C C X X:
1st Special Forces Group
S . A . N . C . T . U . M . . . O . F . . . T . H . E . . . E . X . A . L . T . E . D
SWG: 2003 thru 12.15.2011 . . . . . Kettemoor ~ Starsider

tccurry's Avatar


tccurry
02.17.2012 , 07:15 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Onyx View Post
And of course insulting people always goes a long way in convincing them to assist you . . . .
I'm not insulting anyone. This is a ridiculous flaw. I have been playing since beta like many others.

I guarantee two things:

1) My ticket will be closed by a droid.

2) The issue will not be fixed by anyone.

Bioware CS has been unanimously ineffective (ask anyone who's opened a ticket), and does nothing from my experience so far in game to actually address customer complaints. Being patronized by a DROID is insulting to say the least.

renegadeimp's Avatar


renegadeimp
02.17.2012 , 07:19 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by tccurry View Post
Does not matter this should be fixed... coding is hard... making a game work properly ... priceless
Of course it matters. You werent eligible for loot by the encounters design. End of story. If you want loot, stay alive or have at least 1 member alive when the encounter is over.
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

UnknownMobius's Avatar


UnknownMobius
02.17.2012 , 08:11 AM | #8
With respect OP i feel your frustration and you are intitled to have access to your loot regardless..... even if the boss died a split second before the last raider died. Thatīs common sense and a quest shouldnt hamper that mentality.

renegadeimp, i must admit you really know how to make no sense about these issues that SWTOR players are having.

tccurry's Avatar


tccurry
02.17.2012 , 08:14 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by renegadeimp View Post
Of course it matters. You werent eligible for loot by the encounters design. End of story. If you want loot, stay alive or have at least 1 member alive when the encounter is over.
My wife was alive. when she clicked on the boss at the end she was killed. Everyone who does not "zone out" during an encounter is eligible for loot. Your premise is flawed and you know it.

The entire group died as the boss died, except for my wife who was killed by clicking on his corpse.

Since I helped kill him I deserved loot. Have you not played MMO's before?

Let me guess, you have also never died during a boss encounter?

Next time you die during a boss encounter you will "pass" on loot right?

If you do not, and since you say this is how the game was designed you would be breaking the games ToS agreement by looting. Am I correct?

Please, anyone who ridicules me for being unhappy about this sort of design flaw and persists in defending the game design either:

a) suffers from a heightened level of Fanboism (this could be serious)

or

b) can not recognize this as a serious flaw in the games design.

This is a customer service forum. If you come here to troll CS issues I genuinely feel sorry for you.

Silverveign's Avatar


Silverveign
02.17.2012 , 08:21 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by renegadeimp View Post
Of course it matters. You werent eligible for loot by the encounters design. End of story. If you want loot, stay alive or have at least 1 member alive when the encounter is over.
This is incorrect. The party was eligible for loot by the encounter design, but due to a bug were unable to zone in and collect their loot.

Come on, I get the OP was being pissy but that does not mean you should tell him incorrect information. You are better than that.
Crimson
Lord Praven (US)
Mazui - 50 Sentinel & Kokoro - 50 Sage