Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can you be banned for buying credits?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Can you be banned for buying credits?

vertigofm
02.16.2012 , 10:29 PM | #1
This seems to be an area in which there is no real clarification. While they have clearly banned credit sellers, are they banning people that purchase credits?

Defenderator
02.16.2012 , 10:29 PM | #2
How can you buy credits if there are no sellers?

onethreeone
02.16.2012 , 10:30 PM | #3
Why would you need to buy credits?

Ephixar
02.16.2012 , 10:31 PM | #4
go back 2 wow plz

Chromiie
02.16.2012 , 10:34 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Ephixar View Post
go back 2 wow plz
Holy **** WoW started gold farmers too! Blizzard is the most innovative studio EVA!
Quote: Originally Posted by DamionSchubert View Post
We don't have friendly fire in The Old Republic for a simple reason: a lot of players are, well... idiots. I don't mean you, of course, dear reader

Therrak
02.16.2012 , 10:35 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by vertigofm View Post
This seems to be an area in which there is no real clarification. While they have clearly banned credit sellers, are they banning people that purchase credits?
What do you mean there is no real clarification? You haven't even bothered to look. Yes, credit buying is prohibited:

http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/1890

AntoniusDelitan
02.16.2012 , 10:35 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by vertigofm View Post
Oh God I hope so.
<Down with the Sithness> - Daragon Trail - Empire

Ephixar
02.16.2012 , 10:36 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Chromiie View Post
Holy **** WoW started gold farmers too! Blizzard is the most innovative studio EVA!
who said they started it?

Razot
02.16.2012 , 10:39 PM | #9
As far as i can tell with all the exploits and such EA/Bioware just want your $15 a month at any cost to the game..

Although i would advise anyone to not do it as once you hit 50 credits are basically thrown at you so its a total waste of RL money to do it.. and plus its cheating and inflates the game economy.

Romiz
02.16.2012 , 10:40 PM | #10
The answer is YES

Violation: Under section 11.

Quote:
- Promote, encourage or take part in any activity involving hacking, cracking, phishing, taking advantage of exploits or cheats and/or distribution of counterfeit software and/or virtual currency/items.

That includes buyers. Not that this is something new to the MMO industry. There are a rare few MMOs in 16 years that ever allowed it.

http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/WEBTERMS/US/en/PC/ They was put up the moment game left the NDA on November 28, 2011.