Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ahsoka Tano.... What do you think?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Ahsoka Tano.... What do you think?

Aurbere
09.24.2012 , 08:24 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by JettrikRyflix View Post
I agree that there are good reasons for her death. However, I believe Ahsoka's death would be too soon, and would send Anakin nuts way too early.
Look at Season 4, Episodes 15 and 16, when Obi-Wan fakes his death. Anakin goes on a rampage, force choking people, etc. in order to get revenge. He is prevented from this vengeful killing only when he realizes that Obi is still alive.
Do you think Ahsoka would be any different? Anakin would lose it all over again, but this time he wouldn't stop until he had struck down the one responsible. If he's already done this, why would killing Dooku seem like such a huge hurdle in Episode 3? Anakin can't take that plunge to the dark side too soon. Sidious is very careful in his timing.

Again, I agree that there are valid reasons for Ahsoka to die. I'm just trying to make a fair case for the opposite. Like Filoni has said, nothing is set in stone as of yet.
If Ahsoka does die, it should be near the end of the series. The best time would probably be the finale so that Anakin doesn't have time to rampage. He'll have to get to Coruscant ASAP.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Vepariga
09.24.2012 , 09:59 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
I'm going to say this for the last time. Ahsoka Tano must MUST die. Not because of some personal bias on my part, but because of the plot of the whole prequels.

Look at this from the manipulators perspective. Everything that has happened has driven Anakin closer to the Dark Side. Shmi's death, sowing distrust in the Jedi Council, manipulating him with Dark secrets, and finally the visions of Padme's death. Now there are far more, but these are the obvious ones.

Now from his perspective, what is going to drive Anakin further down the path? Ahsoka's death. But this has to be carefully planned. The result of some catastrophie that will force Anakin to look himself in the mirror and ask himself the big questions. Can he protect those he loves? Does he have the power to do so? Ahsoka's death will set him down the path of power and the all consuming desire for more. This also adds to his drive for more power when the visions of Padme begin.

There are plenty of reasons for her to die. If need be I can name many of them, but if you look at this from Sidious' perspective you can see that Ahsoka's death will benefit his plan greatly.
You could say the same thing about Obi wan ,WHO would make Anakin fall alot faster and harder then taking Ahsoka out.

Aurbere
09.24.2012 , 10:07 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by Vepariga View Post
You could say the same thing about Obi wan ,WHO would make Anakin fall alot faster and harder then taking Ahsoka out.
Obi-Wan was taken out of the picture by the jedi Council. He was sent to fight Grievous which basically cut Anakin off from his master. There was really no one on Coruscant that Anakin could turn to excpet palpatine and Padme. Padme's dying so he confided in Palpatine. All part of the plan. And Obi-Wan needed to be kept alive so that a final battle between the two would prove if Anakin was truly Sith.
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Vepariga
09.24.2012 , 10:10 PM | #54
Obi-Wan was taken out of the picture by the jedi Council. He was sent to fight Grievous which basically cut Anakin off from his master. There was really no one on Coruscant that Anakin could turn to excpet palpatine and Padme. Padme's dying so he confided in Palpatine. All part of the plan. And Obi-Wan needed to be kept alive so that a final battle between the two would prove if Anakin was truly Sith.
It wasnt part of the plan for Anakin to face Obi wan. Even Palpatine said he senses lord vader may be in trouble. Obiwan only persued Anakin because of Yodas orders. Obi wan could have been taken out as his connection to Anakin is alot stronger then Anakins connection to Ahsoka. Even in TCW Ahsoka is distancing herself from Anakin and Obi wan,doing more things on her own.

The council sending Obi wan on his own mission did allow Palpatine some leeway to put thoughts in Anakins mind unhindered,but I dont believe it was part of Palps plan,just a good chance to take advantage of.

LeeC
09.30.2012 , 09:50 AM | #55
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFQRoVlePvg
You know, reviewing this trailer, I have to say I think ventress will kill Ahsoka. Anakin starts to loose it.

Aurbere
09.30.2012 , 10:19 AM | #56
It wasnt part of the plan for Anakin to face Obi wan. Even Palpatine said he senses lord vader may be in trouble. Obiwan only persued Anakin because of Yodas orders. Obi wan could have been taken out as his connection to Anakin is alot stronger then Anakins connection to Ahsoka. Even in TCW Ahsoka is distancing herself from Anakin and Obi wan,doing more things on her own.

The council sending Obi wan on his own mission did allow Palpatine some leeway to put thoughts in Anakins mind unhindered,but I dont believe it was part of Palps plan,just a good chance to take advantage of.
The Sith tradition has always involved the death of a master for the apprentice to rise. Killing Obi-Wan would have proven himself as a true Sith Lord. Even though he failed, he still had his uses. A confrontation between the two was inevitable, Sidious had foreseen it. But he had thought Vader would be able to defeat Obi-Wan. When he sensed trouble, he departed for Mustafar to make sure the Chosen One was still alive. It pays to have one of the most powerful beings ever on your side.

Yes. Palpatine could have had Kenobi taken out. But as stated above, Anakin needed to overcome his master in order to fully embrace the Dark Side. And Kenobi is not easily defeated. That's what Dooku was for. The battle on the Invisible Hand was meant for Dooku to kill Obi-Wan and make Anakin fall to the Dark Side. That's why Palpatine was like "Leave him or we'll never make it!" So since Dooku failed, he decided to let his future apprentice do it as a test.

Beans_of_steel
10.03.2012 , 04:10 PM | #57
No. If she is mature enough to lead her own campiagns she doesnt need to be mentioned. I'm sure you dont mention your friends names in everything you do.

The scenes in ROTS had no place or time for a mention on Ahsoka anyway.

Lol wrong, not a friend, a student of a Jedi KNIGHT who happens to be the main character of the entire film series, for something like that, you make the time, and find a place, or you leave the stupid Padawan/cheerleader character out of the story completely.

tolaf
10.03.2012 , 04:25 PM | #58
They have made Anakin's inability to let go of loved ones very obvious, to see Ahsoka go off to do her own thing would have no bearing on his character and she would be useless to the SW plot as a whole, but if she died i can tell you that would be very traumatic for Anakin and would help cement his decent into darkness.
Dark Nova leader of the Sin-gie clan

psandak
10.03.2012 , 04:43 PM | #59
I'm going to say this for the last time. Ahsoka Tano must MUST die. Not because of some personal bias on my part, but because of the plot of the whole prequels.

Look at this from the manipulators perspective. Everything that has happened has driven Anakin closer to the Dark Side. Shmi's death, sowing distrust in the Jedi Council, manipulating him with Dark secrets, and finally the visions of Padme's death. Now there are far more, but these are the obvious ones.

Now from his perspective, what is going to drive Anakin further down the path? Ahsoka's death. But this has to be carefully planned. The result of some catastrophie that will force Anakin to look himself in the mirror and ask himself the big questions. Can he protect those he loves? Does he have the power to do so? Ahsoka's death will set him down the path of power and the all consuming desire for more. This also adds to his drive for more power when the visions of Padme begin.

There are plenty of reasons for her to die. If need be I can name many of them, but if you look at this from Sidious' perspective you can see that Ahsoka's death will benefit his plan greatly.
I disagree that she has to die in CTW series. Simply put, at the opening of ROTS when Obi Wan and Anakin are flying over Coruscant, because Ahsoka is not a good pilot she could have been sent to another planet to lead troops. This can be shown in the series finale of CTW. She is THEN killed by order 66. They only showed a handful of Jedi dying in that montage, there are literally hundreds of Jedi not shown. Did they ALL live? No, all but a handful were killed. Ahsoka was one of those killed and not shown. At that point, Anakin no longer cares about her anyway. DONE!

Eillack
10.03.2012 , 04:49 PM | #60
After TCW ends I honestly think there should be an off-shoot of the comic series: Purge which is based off of Vader hunting down Jedi who excaped/survived Order 66.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.