Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ahsoka Tano.... What do you think?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Ahsoka Tano.... What do you think?

warcrafty
09.23.2012 , 10:38 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Brunnis_G View Post
Don't say that, she had better die, in my opinion it's the only way to fix the moronic mistake of putting her in the story to begin with.
But she doesn't have to die . She could leave instead.

tolaf
09.23.2012 , 11:16 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by warcrafty View Post
But she doesn't have to die . She could leave instead.
No she has to die,otherwise her character would be pointless and there would be no reason for them not to mention her in ROTS.
Dark Nova leader of the Sin-gie clan

JettrikRyflix
09.23.2012 , 01:09 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by tolaf View Post
No she has to die,otherwise her character would be pointless and there would be no reason for them not to mention her in ROTS.
If she dies, how does she NOT get mentioned in ROTS? Anakin would be like, "I wasn't strong enough to save my mother, or... that person I trained that I don't really remember anymore. Forget about her."

Either way, Ahsoka would've been mentioned in ROTS. Her story is completely open, IMO.

LeeC
09.23.2012 , 06:54 PM | #44
she could get teamed up with another jedi on a different mission than Anakin and they both get killed.

Kaisernick
09.23.2012 , 08:25 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by valin-krai View Post
I felt the same way at first, but have grown to love her over the last 4 seasons of TCW. She is just a 14 year old eager to prove herself. She sees Anakin more as an older brother than a Master early on. Just keep watching.
i agree i used to hate her, yet now she has grown on me, pitty that didn't happen with jar jar dinks.

Vepariga
09.24.2012 , 01:16 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by tolaf View Post
No. If she is mature enough to lead her own campiagns she doesnt need to be mentioned. I'm sure you dont mention your friends names in everything you do.

The scenes in ROTS had no place or time for a mention on Ahsoka anyway.

JettrikRyflix
09.24.2012 , 07:52 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaisernick View Post
i agree i used to hate her, yet now she has grown on me, pitty that didn't happen with jar jar dinks.
That's what they call character development. Ahsoka got plenty of it, and it has done her very well. Jar Jar... not so much. More like, the same thing over and over again.

JettrikRyflix
09.24.2012 , 07:54 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Vepariga View Post
No. If she is mature enough to lead her own campiagns she doesnt need to be mentioned. I'm sure you dont mention your friends names in everything you do.

The scenes in ROTS had no place or time for a mention on Ahsoka anyway.
I agree.
If Ahsoka was busy in some other campaign (leading or otherwise), there would have been no reason for her mention in ROTS. Especially if she isn't Anakin's padawan at that point.

Aurbere
09.24.2012 , 08:07 PM | #49
I'm going to say this for the last time. Ahsoka Tano must MUST die. Not because of some personal bias on my part, but because of the plot of the whole prequels.

Look at this from the manipulators perspective. Everything that has happened has driven Anakin closer to the Dark Side. Shmi's death, sowing distrust in the Jedi Council, manipulating him with Dark secrets, and finally the visions of Padme's death. Now there are far more, but these are the obvious ones.

Now from his perspective, what is going to drive Anakin further down the path? Ahsoka's death. But this has to be carefully planned. The result of some catastrophie that will force Anakin to look himself in the mirror and ask himself the big questions. Can he protect those he loves? Does he have the power to do so? Ahsoka's death will set him down the path of power and the all consuming desire for more. This also adds to his drive for more power when the visions of Padme begin.

There are plenty of reasons for her to die. If need be I can name many of them, but if you look at this from Sidious' perspective you can see that Ahsoka's death will benefit his plan greatly.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

JettrikRyflix
09.24.2012 , 08:21 PM | #50
I agree that there are good reasons for her death. However, I believe Ahsoka's death would be too soon, and would send Anakin nuts way too early.
Look at Season 4, Episodes 15 and 16, when Obi-Wan fakes his death. Anakin goes on a rampage, force choking people, etc. in order to get revenge. He is prevented from this vengeful killing only when he realizes that Obi is still alive.
Do you think Ahsoka would be any different? Anakin would lose it all over again, but this time he wouldn't stop until he had struck down the one responsible. If he's already done this, why would killing Dooku seem like such a huge hurdle in Episode 3? Anakin can't take that plunge to the dark side too soon. Sidious is very careful in his timing.

Again, I agree that there are valid reasons for Ahsoka to die. I'm just trying to make a fair case for the opposite. Like Filoni has said, nothing is set in stone as of yet.