Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ahsoka Tano.... What do you think?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Ahsoka Tano.... What do you think?

Kyriosgundam
09.06.2012 , 06:53 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Liquidacid View Post
unfortunately Lucas has decreed it canon and it is actual considered by LL to be higher canon than all the EU novels, comics and games so no SW authors are allowed to contradict it (they made a new canon level called T canon for the series which is now above C (the EU) and right below G (the movies)) ... there is even talk about them retconing a brand new timeline for the clone wars era once the series is almost over to fix the few continuity errors

hell the last EU novel series even referenced an episode of the Clone wars series... the main villain Abaloth was tied into the Father, daughter and Son from the Clone Wars series...

I'm ok with the series in general except for one thing... and that is *********** Darth Maul coming back with robot legs... seriously *** I really wanna know how Obi-wan is gonna explain that one to Qui-gon's force ghost
I dont see that as possible since the majority of the EU Novels take place AFTER TCW (and since there have been novels set during the Clone Wars that have been published that contradict much of what has been shown these I tend to consider part of the cannon over the tv series). Also from what I have seen them do with the series its not part of the official cannon at least as far as I am concerned and last time I checked Abeloth was not connected to any characters in the TCW series in anyway. She was still imprisoned in the Maw Cluster at this point in time, and had no contact with the outside in anyway until the Yuuzhan Vong War caused the barrier that held her to weaken. I am not saying that the entire series is bad and there are parts of it I liked and I enjoyed some of the characters. I just think that they played a bit to fast and loose with the timeline aspect of it than they should have in order for me to consider it part of the official cannon thats all. Plus bringing Maul back is what really caused me to not consider TCW as cannon as far as I am concerned he died on Naboo in Ep I.
"The Ability to speak does not make you intelligent"-Qui-Gon
"Much to learn you still have"-Yoda
"Impressive......Most Impressive"-Darth Vader
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes"-Obi-Wan

warcrafty
09.09.2012 , 07:15 AM | #32
Why are there so many haters for Ahsoka?

Dart_Angelese
09.10.2012 , 04:01 PM | #33
I didn't like Ahsoka at first, but she defiantly grew on me. I think she is the best EU character to come out of the CW. Also the girl who voices her is almost exactly like the character except even cuter.

Not sure Ahsoka has to die. They did mention in the "movie" I think it was about Anakin having a difficult time letting go of things. This obviously is a nod to the direction this series has to take. Even though she is young and it is only a 3 yr period it is quite possible (even if not quite realistic) they could make her a Knight and break them up that way.

Perhaps Anakin gets angry with her and we see his first (In Cannon) Force Chock and they take her away from his as padawan. Truth is they can take it several different ways I think her death is only the most obvious and to a certain except most practical one. One thing I have learned about CW is that they like to surprise us.

Side Note about Mauls return, it's based on a comic and a graphic novel I believe. So before you hate on CW for it, go back to the source. CW didn't invent this they just adopted it and I think they did a brilliant job. I also believe I heard there was a novella or something coming out with all this in it as well as spoilers for the eventual demise?
"Wipe them out, all of them" - Darth Sidious

Liquidacid
09.10.2012 , 05:21 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyriosgundam View Post
I dont see that as possible since the majority of the EU Novels take place AFTER TCW (and since there have been novels set during the Clone Wars that have been published that contradict much of what has been shown these I tend to consider part of the cannon over the tv series). Also from what I have seen them do with the series its not part of the official cannon at least as far as I am concerned and last time I checked Abeloth was not connected to any characters in the TCW series in anyway. She was still imprisoned in the Maw Cluster at this point in time, and had no contact with the outside in anyway until the Yuuzhan Vong War caused the barrier that held her to weaken. I am not saying that the entire series is bad and there are parts of it I liked and I enjoyed some of the characters. I just think that they played a bit to fast and loose with the timeline aspect of it than they should have in order for me to consider it part of the official cannon thats all. Plus bringing Maul back is what really caused me to not consider TCW as cannon as far as I am concerned he died on Naboo in Ep I.
well you are free to not consider anything canon you want personally but Lucas is the only one who gets to actually decide what is officially canon and he says TCW is and it overrides anything previously published such as other clone wars era novels... I'm not to happy with some of the things they have done in the series either but ultimately Lucas and Leland Chee (the guy Lucas has in charge of keeping canon) have the final say and they say TCW is not only canon but is actually above the standard EU canon

also you seem to be mixing up your lore... the Vong had nothing to do with Abeloth... Her release started when Jacen Solo and the Jedi destroyed Centerpoint station in the second galactic civil war well after the Vong war was over but was also part of a larger cycle and would have been released sooner or later due to the thousands of years of war between the Jedi and Sith... and in the last series published (Fate of the Jedi) it is written that Abeloth ( http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Abeloth ) started out as a servant and was later imprisoned in the Maw by "The Ones" ( http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Ones ) which are from and have only appeared in TCW series... Luke even describes how he read an old jedi mission report about Anakin and Obi-wan's mission where they met The Ones (detailing event from TCW season 3 episodes 15,16,17) ... they even go one further to explain how Abeloth has been released numerous times before when the galaxy was "out of balance" and normally The Ones with the help of a killik nest as servants re-imprison her to start the cycle again but since The Ones died in TCW series when Anakin and Obi-wan were there they aren't around to do it this time
"bibo ergo sum" ( I drink, therefore I am)

Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at.

BrandonSM
09.10.2012 , 05:58 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyriosgundam View Post

Abeloth was a servant for the Father...

You may not consider it canon, but anyone who writes in the EU has to follow Canon or else they get the banhammer. *cough* Karen Traviss *cough*
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

warcrafty
09.11.2012 , 10:20 AM | #36
I hope Ahsoka Tano doesn't die

Brunnis_G
09.14.2012 , 02:53 PM | #37
No sir, I don't like it. Just because Lucas says CW is more canon than EU does not mean it is a correct or sane choice, star wars universe would not be what it is today without the films, and not one of those films even mentions Ashoka, or even that Anakin had a padawan, ever. Unless hes gona go bak n change that too, n even that wouldnt b as nutbar as changing Empire, which I still can't believe he did. George has had many ideas that were pure genius, however that doesn't mean he hasnt gone old and senile just like any regular person can, sorry if that sounds mean but seriously it's the nicest way to hypothesize it in my opinion, n prolly true, cuz let's face it, not many of the choices he's made in the past decade have made a whole lot of sense.

bahdasz
09.15.2012 , 06:26 AM | #38
I think she'll be hot when she grows up, but she's so annoying as a teenager I hope she doesn't live long enough to get that way. Seriously, every time I see a new episode one of the first things I think is "I hope this is the one Ahsoka dies in".

Brunnis_G
09.17.2012 , 02:38 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by warcrafty View Post
I hope Ahsoka Tano doesn't die
Don't say that, she had better die, in my opinion it's the only way to fix the moronic mistake of putting her in the story to begin with.

Macheath
09.17.2012 , 05:11 PM | #40
IMO, it would be fitting for her to die sometime early in the final season. Then, that season could be all about Anakin's struggle to "let her go." They would have plenty of opportunity to write some deeply moving story, and explore at length what I can only assume is one of the most important contributors to Anakin's fall. The death of his mother, the death of his wife... the death of his Padawan would be right up there, I would think.

If they kill her off in the final scene of the final episode of the series, that would be bad. No time to really how it affects Anakin, which is the whole point of adding her character into the lore in the first place.

-Macheath.
Remember, if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.