Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

CC immunity broken?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
CC immunity broken?

AntoniusDelitan
02.16.2012 , 09:34 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Grayloc View Post
Everyone has the same chance to improve on gear to get "luckier with crits", which is what a good part of the game is. Ya sure some will crit more than others but it's just incentive to improve your gear so you can hit just as hard, what's the problem ?

Even if I'm getting hammered into the ground I would still like the chance to fight back. CC is for PvE not PvP.
You missed the point. Instead of calling out targets for focusfire and controlling healers and people ATTACKING your healers.... It turns into "who freighttrains the other healer faster" without CC in pvp.

Makes the game more buttonmashing and less strategy/skill
<Down with the Sithness> - Daragon Trail - Empire

AntoniusDelitan
02.16.2012 , 09:38 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Dokthraka View Post
all i know is ive been stunlocked(cannot use my abilities) for at LEAST ten seconds multiple times and the entire time my resolve bar is full, thats just from experience. i really wish theyd make cc's just not last as long in general, 4 seconds on a stun is insane imo when you can do that for 8 seconds if the guy doesnt have his cc breaker up. make stuns last 1.5 or 2 seconds, would at least make it less ridiculous.
If your resolve bar fills... then you are immune to THE NEXT CC ABILITY... NOT the one that capped you. The CC will still stick...
I'd be willing to bet everyone saying "MAI BAR IZ FULLZ WHY AM I STILL STUNNNED!!!??!" is still stunned from the attack that capped their resolve...

I have NEVER been stunned with a white bar. Ever. AND I know enough to NOT blow a CC break without a white bar of resolve UNLESS it will drastically influence something i'm doing in the next 2 seconds. For instance, stunned on a firepit that's about to pop when I have the huttball. THEN i'm gonna risk using CC break without a full resolve bar... because i'm going to die anyway. BUT ONLY THEN.

Marcuspasnicus
02.16.2012 , 09:51 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by AntoniusDelitan View Post
If your resolve bar fills... then you are immune to THE NEXT CC ABILITY... NOT the one that capped you. The CC will still stick...
I'd be willing to bet everyone saying "MAI BAR IZ FULLZ WHY AM I STILL STUNNNED!!!??!" is still stunned from the attack that capped their resolve...

I have NEVER been stunned with a white bar. Ever. AND I know enough to NOT blow a CC break without a white ball of resolve UNLESS it will drastically influence something i'm doing in the next 2 seconds. For instance, stunned on a firepit that's about to pop when I have the huttball. THEN i'm gonna risk using CC break without a full resolve bar... because i'm going to die anyway. BUT ONLY THEN.
Gabe, is that you?

AntoniusDelitan
02.16.2012 , 10:17 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Marcuspasnicus View Post
Gabe, is that you?
Sup? Like my game?

Fizbanic
02.16.2012 , 11:08 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by AntoniusDelitan View Post
I'm gonna call BS.

Fresh 50 = dead when TWO 50's start to beat on you.
Healing yourself with 5 on you? No...
Using your CC break on first CC? Stop being bad...

Resolve kicks in after 3 stuns, or a Crowd Control ability + a stun, or two CCs. Seeing as you used your CC break during the VERY FIRST stun... you probably ate a whirlwind for a nice long time, THEN your resolve started to tick. Then you probably ate another nice long CC, as everyone saw your CC break was down. And then one more again after that... but THEN you were immune for 15 seconds again. But you were not CC'd for the whole fight.

All the exaggeration makes me wonder what really happened...
I said 5 days, in those 5 days I was able to get 5 pieces of PVP gear read it. Ya the first day getting into pvp and for a bit after that I was eating it very fast and often but once I got the gear I was lasting longer. Also note that there was a healer there healing me.

So basically what happened to me shouldn't of happened and I'll just bug it.

Also I never stated I was good at PVP and just hitting 50 5 days ago you cannot expect pro, however stated "Using CC break on first? Stop being bad..." Well I get the point however the manner in which you stated it could have been done in a more constructive and less troll like.
ThyBountyHunter Mercenary Bounty Hunter
Conclave Atrum Empire Guild | Conclave Lumen Republic Guild

Fizbanic
02.16.2012 , 11:11 PM | #16
Okay so having read that i am not the only one that has experienced this then there is an issue that should be looked at by BW. It might not happen all the time to to everyone so I'll send in a /bug.

Thanks all for the input.
ThyBountyHunter Mercenary Bounty Hunter
Conclave Atrum Empire Guild | Conclave Lumen Republic Guild