Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

CC immunity broken?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
CC immunity broken?

Fizbanic
02.16.2012 , 08:34 PM | #1
Before I decide to /bug I need some info.

Either I am understanding it wrong or it is broken. My understanding is that after so many CC's you become immune to it and in that time cannot be hit by a CC again.

If that is the case then the thing is broken.

I'm playing a healer so I know in PVP I will be a target, which is fine I can heal myself through 4-5 people with no problems and in that I know I will be the target of CC's. Well I hit 50 about 5 days ago. So lets hit up the WZ's to start working towards some PVP gear. I have noticed that no matter how many times I am hit with a CC I will always get hit and never immune.

Example, I ran over to the east turret to help in Alderaan start healing it up and I get CC'd so I break it and then get CC'd again. Now they noticed that I was there so they start to concentrate their attacks on me and at that time another healer just raced in. So I am getting beaten on and healed so I am not dieing at all. This lasted nearly 2 minutes really about a min and half. In that time I was continuously CC'd, I would be able to move then get CC'd again and again..... At some point i should have become immune but, that time never came. As I recall someone at BW did state that you could not be stunned locked and would become immune but that was not the case.

Now as I said before I report a bug I want to make sure that it is a bug. Anyone else?
ThyBountyHunter Mercenary Bounty Hunter
Conclave Atrum Empire Guild | Conclave Lumen Republic Guild

BrotardNosef
02.16.2012 , 08:46 PM | #2
K so the first thing to note is the resolve bar- it frames the upper left of your character portrait and as you take CC, goes from zero to full, turning purple on the way up and going white when its full. When it is white, you won't be affected by any more "hard" cc's that prevent you from using abilities (ie Stun, Force lift, etc). However, you still can be affected by soft CC's, such as slows or snares, that hamper your ability to move but don't actually prevent you from using your abilities.

Once the resolve bar gets filled up and turns white, it starts ticking down until it's totally empty. During that time you are immune to hard CC. After it goes back to zero the process starts again, with you having to take 2 "hard" CC's to max out the resolve bar and become immune. Generally you wan't to save your CC breaker until your resolve is full, since that way after you use it they can't just immediately re-hard CC you.
Server: The Maw

AntoniusDelitan
02.16.2012 , 08:49 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Fizbanic View Post

Either I am understanding it wrong or it is broken. My understanding is that after so many CC's you become immune to it and in that time cannot be hit by a CC again.

I'm playing a healer so I know in PVP I will be a target, which is fine I can heal myself through 4-5 people with no problems and in that I know I will be the target of CC's. Well I hit 50 about 5 days ago. So lets hit up the WZ's to start working towards some PVP gear. I have noticed that no matter how many times I am hit with a CC I will always get hit and never immune.

Example, I ran over to the east turret to help in Alderaan start healing it up and I get CC'd so I break it and then get CC'd again. Now they noticed that I was there so they start to concentrate their attacks on me and at that time another healer just raced in. So I am getting beaten on and healed so I am not dieing at all. This lasted nearly 2 minutes really about a min and half. In that time I was continuously CC'd, I would be able to move then get CC'd again and again..... At some point i should have become immune but, that time never came. As I recall someone at BW did state that you could not be stunned locked and would become immune but that was not the case.

Now as I said before I report a bug I want to make sure that it is a bug. Anyone else?
I'm gonna call BS.

Fresh 50 = dead when TWO 50's start to beat on you.
Healing yourself with 5 on you? No...
Using your CC break on first CC? Stop being bad...

Resolve kicks in after 3 stuns, or a Crowd Control ability + a stun, or two CCs. Seeing as you used your CC break during the VERY FIRST stun... you probably ate a whirlwind for a nice long time, THEN your resolve started to tick. Then you probably ate another nice long CC, as everyone saw your CC break was down. And then one more again after that... but THEN you were immune for 15 seconds again. But you were not CC'd for the whole fight.

All the exaggeration makes me wonder what really happened...
<Down with the Sithness> - Daragon Trail - Empire

Grayloc
02.16.2012 , 08:58 PM | #4
Yep, seen it a few too many times. Get stunned, blow the "get out of jail free card" and get stunned 1 second later. Went from full heatlh to almost dead a few times because I was stun locked.

Other than a slow, why is there any CC in PvP, do you want to fight player vrs player or do you want player vrs punching bag ? Realy there is no challenge fighting a player who can't fight back.

Renlotho
02.16.2012 , 09:09 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Fizbanic View Post

Sadly it's not a bug. I have exhaustively read the Resolve bar thread and now use the cc breaker "appropriately" ONLY when resolve bar is full. Result? Very short immunity and then ongoing chain CC including roots and slows which do not effect resolve bar and have no diminishing returns of any kind. This is "working as intended". In other words CC heavy specs/classes dominate if the player is intelligent.

AntoniusDelitan
02.16.2012 , 09:11 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Grayloc View Post
Yep, seen it a few too many times. Get stunned, blow the "get out of jail free card" and get stunned 1 second later. Went from full heatlh to almost dead a few times because I was stun locked.

Other than a slow, why is there any CC in PvP, do you want to fight player vrs player or do you want player vrs punching bag ? Realy there is no challenge fighting a player who can't fight back.
Without CC, this game would be "Who gets luckier with crits?"
<Down with the Sithness> - Daragon Trail - Empire

SweetNausea
02.16.2012 , 09:14 PM | #7
Resolve is buggy, like the rest of the game. I've been chain CC'd, or stuck in CC animations, even with a full resolve bar. I've also seen and done it to other players. I'm not sure if the resolve bar display just bugged out or what, but I have experienced it.

Quote: Originally Posted by Grayloc View Post
Not sure if serious...

Ortof
02.16.2012 , 09:15 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Renlotho View Post
Sadly it's not a bug. I have exhaustively read the Resolve bar thread and now use the cc breaker "appropriately" ONLY when resolve bar is full. Result? Very short immunity and then ongoing chain CC including roots and slows which do not effect resolve bar and have no diminishing returns of any kind. This is "working as intended". In other words CC heavy specs/classes dominate if the player is intelligent.
Na, I have had an OP stun me with my resolve bar degrading from full. Not slow me, not root me, not blah blah blah, but literally stun me. Has happened a few times so I can only imagine the unique snowflake syndrome OR it's an oversight.

Not nearly as bad as the 1 v 1 me (BH) against a Sage and the sage running in circles while channeling. Same guy also running around a turret while capping it. lol Yes, he was reported and yes half of my team saw it. Was quite funny tbh, just hope they nail the guy.

Grayloc
02.16.2012 , 09:28 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by AntoniusDelitan View Post
Without CC, this game would be "Who gets luckier with crits?"
Everyone has the same chance to improve on gear to get "luckier with crits", which is what a good part of the game is. Ya sure some will crit more than others but it's just incentive to improve your gear so you can hit just as hard, what's the problem ?

Even if I'm getting hammered into the ground I would still like the chance to fight back. CC is for PvE not PvP.

Dokthraka
02.16.2012 , 09:29 PM | #10
all i know is ive been stunlocked(cannot use my abilities) for at LEAST ten seconds multiple times and the entire time my resolve bar is full, thats just from experience. i really wish theyd make cc's just not last as long in general, 4 seconds on a stun is insane imo when you can do that for 8 seconds if the guy doesnt have his cc breaker up. make stuns last 1.5 or 2 seconds, would at least make it less ridiculous.