Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dont want automatic follow on camera!!!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Dont want automatic follow on camera!!!!

Metallxaim
12.15.2011 , 06:22 PM | #1
Anyone else want to fix the annoying camera? I dont want it to automatically follow me from behind when i am running forward. I want to be able to target enemies that are behind me
While running forward. This camera just wont allow it and i dont see anything in the settings! Help!

Ravenmist
12.15.2011 , 06:23 PM | #2
Been trying to figure out how to disable that as well, very annoying. = (
Proud member of Kindred Spirits! A multi game online community of casual gamers!

Kindred/Kindread Spirits is a dual faction guild so people can enjoy everything SW:ToR has to offer! Check us out if you want to learn more.

TerranCom
12.15.2011 , 06:26 PM | #3
I'm not sure if this helps, but if I want to look behind my toon I hold down the left mouse button and pan around. This allows me to see behind my toon. However, I have not tried this in combat. It may be different there.

Blodwras
12.15.2011 , 06:28 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Metallxaim View Post
Anyone else want to fix the annoying camera? I dont want it to automatically follow me from behind when i am running forward. I want to be able to target enemies that are behind me
While running forward. This camera just wont allow it and i dont see anything in the settings! Help!
I find it extremely annoying but as of now there is no setting to change this.

Metallxaim
12.16.2011 , 01:31 AM | #5
I guess we just have to live with it for now. I do hope they will implement a fix for this in a later patch, its gonna be really annoying when pvping...

Erevan_Kindelar
12.16.2011 , 01:33 AM | #6
So either rotate the camera with the mouse controls, or zoom out so you can see the mob behind you that you want to target.

Call me dense, but I fail to see the problem with it as those two options seem to cover the requirement to me.
No, really! I am telling the truth, honestly! Look I can prove it, I am a politician! I am as honest as the day is long!
Besides, I am a terrible liar, everyone can see when I am lying - my lips are moving... oh damn, err, that last comment was off the record, right?

FessFish
12.16.2011 , 01:33 AM | #7
Really? Do other MMOs even allow that?

Never seen someone not allow the camera to follow them...sounds like a good way to not do well.
HK-47: "Expletive: Damn it, master, I am an assassination droid... not a dictionary!"
DUBSTEP STEP - THAT - DUB DUBSTEP

Hellmet
12.16.2011 , 01:44 AM | #8
The problem is when you press button to view behind you, it automaticly swings back when you release said button =)

Option to not swing back please. Talk about annoying.

and those who think it's good as is, don't comment.
It's a trap!