Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Shinarika II - Shadow PvP


Xinika's Avatar


Xinika
02.16.2012 , 06:31 PM | #1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ts7RZ...eature=channel

http://www.swtormovies.com/movieview.php?id=2439
(old republic movies)


Jedi Shadow PvP
Watchmen
The Corsair

Specs used:

31/0/10 "Kinetic PvP" spec. (http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#601bcrkkrskrsZZf0cM.1)
0/31/10 "Infiltration burst" spec. (http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#601ZhGbRkhrbtzZf0cM.1)


Notes:

Welcome! This is the second entry to a new saga of Shadow PvP. This video features mainly Kinetic Combat as the primary spec. I have to admit, KC is just far superior in PvP than infiltration or balance could ever hope to offer. I'm not really proud to say that, as I have a soft spot for infiltration. However, I must be realistic and face the facts. KC offers such great utility and group assistance. It's also quite tanky and you don't have to shy away from using guard now! Overall, not only will the spec attain more medals, but you will be helping your team far more than you can imagine.

I would hope Infiltration receives some love in the future. The damage is just about 'okay' for the rather weak survivability and utility it offers. Don't be fooled by big numbers. In competitive group PvP, they are meaningless. A shout out to Watchmen and Light Tempest! Along with all the loveable imps on The Corsair and that silly Konichiwa who needs to reroll!



Track List:

Richard Wagner - Ride of Valkyries
The 5.6.7.8's - The Barracuda
Radiohead - Everything In Its Right Place
Metric - Black Sheep
Zelazowa - Numbers
Thomas Tantrum - Rage Against The Tantrum




Tools used:

PSI
Shinarika
Sony Vegas
Fraps
Tiso
Artmar


Original Shinarika vid, which is mainly infiltration can be seen here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqbhV...eature=related
Assassin Representative
Aeonneta | Shinarika | Semjase
Guides - Videos - Action
WATCHMEN

Thuull's Avatar


Thuull
02.17.2012 , 07:46 AM | #2
I enjoyed that. Thanks for taking the time to put it together.

Vember's Avatar


Vember
02.17.2012 , 12:48 PM | #3
That tracer missile spam at the end was pro.


Nice video Make more!

Kai-Eurah-Tird's Avatar


Kai-Eurah-Tird
02.17.2012 , 01:01 PM | #4
what sort of gear are you sporting? You got good damage all around.

Xinika's Avatar


Xinika
02.17.2012 , 11:42 PM | #5
Thanks guys! I do plan on making more . Already have some nice clips for the 3rd.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kai-Eurah-Tird View Post
what sort of gear are you sporting? You got good damage all around.
I have gear ranging from stalker to force master mixture. I use the tank offhand when I'm KC of course. Willpower is 1602 with 2/5 BM main pieces.
Assassin Representative
Aeonneta | Shinarika | Semjase
Guides - Videos - Action
WATCHMEN

SenatorPalpaTANG's Avatar


SenatorPalpaTANG
02.18.2012 , 08:33 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Xinika View Post

I would hope Infiltration receives some love in the future. The damage is just about 'okay' for the rather weak survivability and utility it offers. Don't be fooled by big numbers. In competitive group PvP, they are meaningless.
Don't know that I'd agree with that... certainly not based off of this video at any rate. I see several imps in Centurion or worse, some lacking pvp weps altogether. And almost everyone you fought wasted their CC breaker on spinning kick (including inf shadow ~5:30... really???) if they bothered using it at all.

Not really a knock on you but it seems like no one in that video had any idea how to deal with a KC build. Especially the other Sins/Shadows...

Between Force Shroud, Spike(or Low Slash if Inf/Dec) Electrocute/Force Stun etc, it should really be almost impossible to get a fully channeled TK/FL off in a mirror fight. If they blanket with Force Shroud like you do, Force Cloak.

It was a well played vid, but I think you're overselling the spec based on some really subpar competition. In coordinated groups, especially with a tank guard swapping, Inf/Dec is more than viable imo.
Fantastically Furious, lololol

((=((==((:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: >

Xinika's Avatar


Xinika
02.18.2012 , 01:09 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by SenatorPalpaTANG View Post
Don't know that I'd agree with that... certainly not based off of this video at any rate. I see several imps in Centurion or worse, some lacking pvp weps altogether. And almost everyone you fought wasted their CC breaker on spinning kick (including inf shadow ~5:30... really???) if they bothered using it at all.

Not really a knock on you but it seems like no one in that video had any idea how to deal with a KC build. Especially the other Sins/Shadows...

Between Force Shroud, Spike(or Low Slash if Inf/Dec) Electrocute/Force Stun etc, it should really be almost impossible to get a fully channeled TK/FL off in a mirror fight. If they blanket with Force Shroud like you do, Force Cloak.

It was a well played vid, but I think you're overselling the spec based on some really subpar competition. In coordinated groups, especially with a tank guard swapping, Inf/Dec is more than viable imo.
I strongly disagree. Not only does it have possibly the worst survivability in game, Inf/Dec only brings one thing to the table: Damage. Thats it. Sure, you can taunt but how useful is that when it's on CD? Not to mention, in prolonged fights, Inf/dec loses it's flavour even quicker due to it's lack of on-demand burst.

KC brings:

5% less dmg to all enemies in radius
5% less accuracy
30% slowed movement speed
Stable DPS
Taunts
Guard <---
Force Pull <---

That is far more utility than simple bursting. I've had my TK interrupted and my healing severed, but between the low amount of damage I take and the tools I have to rid myself of incoming damage, it's really not even a big deal. Not to mention, force potency/recklessness allows you to use it from 30 yards. (That is why I was range kiting.)


Inf/Dec has no chance against KC 1v1. Not even if the inf opens up on the KC with roughly 50%, pops all his/her cds timely and has their interrupts on perfect schedule.
Assassin Representative
Aeonneta | Shinarika | Semjase
Guides - Videos - Action
WATCHMEN

thefishdude's Avatar


thefishdude
02.18.2012 , 06:21 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Xinika View Post
I have gear ranging from stalker to force master mixture. I use the tank offhand when I'm KC of course. Willpower is 1602 with 2/5 BM main pieces.
I could really use your opinion (or anyone else too). I'm mostly Champ gear with BM implants and Bracers. My damage stats are:

Damage: 705 - 886
Bonus Damage: 341
Accuracy: 97.7%
Crit Chance: 33%
Crit Multiplier: 70%
Expertise: 620


I've taken all the Stalker gear, but I'm only at 1340 Willpower. I'd love to have the 1602 Willpower you have, but I'm not exactly sure how to get there. Even with all the remaining BM gear, I'm not sure I could get there. Did you substitute any PVE gear and sacrifice Expertise?

Auxili's Avatar


Auxili
02.18.2012 , 06:28 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Xinika View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ts7RZ...eature=channel

(SWTOR movies to be released later this week)


Jedi Shadow PvP
Watchmen
The Corsair

Specs used:

31/0/10 "Kinetic PvP" spec. (http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#601bcrkkrskrsZZf0cM.1)
0/31/10 "Infiltration burst" spec. (http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#601ZhGbRkhrbtzZf0cM.1)


Notes:

Welcome! This is the second entry to a new saga of Shadow PvP. This video features mainly Kinetic Combat as the primary spec. I have to admit, KC is just far superior in PvP than infiltration or balance could ever hope to offer. I'm not really proud to say that, as I have a soft spot for infiltration. However, I must be realistic and face the facts. KC offers such great utility and group assistance. It's also quite tanky and you don't have to shy away from using guard now! Overall, not only will the spec attain more medals, but you will be helping your team far more than you can imagine.

I would hope Infiltration receives some love in the future. The damage is just about 'okay' for the rather weak survivability and utility it offers. Don't be fooled by big numbers. In competitive group PvP, they are meaningless. A shout out to Watchmen and Light Tempest! Along with all the loveable imps on The Corsair and that silly Konichiwa who needs to reroll!



Track List:

Richard Wagner - Ride of Valkyries
The 5.6.7.8's - The Barracuda
Radiohead - Everything In Its Right Place
Metric - Black Sheep
Zelazowa - Numbers
Thomas Tantrum - Rage Against The Tantrum




Tools used:

PSI
Shinarika
Sony Vegas
Fraps
Tiso
Artmar


Original Shinarika vid, which is mainly infiltration can be seen here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqbhV...eature=related
You REALLY have to split these videos into two since you're using 2 vastly different specs. Makes the video unwatchable for me, I can't learn a thing.
Important Discussions: Republic Ghosttown | Future of the Republic | Use Our Community Feedback
We will remember. 1.1

SenatorPalpaTANG's Avatar


SenatorPalpaTANG
02.18.2012 , 06:36 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Xinika View Post
I strongly disagree. Not only does it have possibly the worst survivability in game, Inf/Dec only brings one thing to the table: Damage. Thats it. Sure, you can taunt but how useful is that when it's on CD? Not to mention, in prolonged fights, Inf/dec loses it's flavour even quicker due to it's lack of on-demand burst.

KC brings:

5% less dmg to all enemies in radius
5% less accuracy
30% slowed movement speed
Stable DPS
Taunts
Guard <---
Force Pull <---
Oh I don't disagree that our tank tree brings a ton of utility. I actually play a Darkness/Madness "hybrid" myself, but to say Dec/Inf builds are inconsequential in competitive teamplay is overstating things imo. I actually premade with a Dec specced friend of mine quite a bit and as I'm sure you know, the raw single target pressure of that spec is nasty. A heal debuff is all they really need to be brought on par with Maras imo.

Quote:
Inf/Dec has no chance against KC 1v1. Not even if the inf opens up on the KC with roughly 50%, pops all his/her cds timely and has their interrupts on perfect schedule.
Honestly, I haven't found 31 KC/Darkness builds to be difficult to deal with at all 1v1 vs other BMs, and my spec plays fairly similarly to Dec. I mean replace force breach with Deathfield and Low Slash with Spike and the rotations look fairly similar. If you know the spec, you can see the big lightnings/TKs coming a mile away, just like gimmicky Smash Jugs.

That duel with the smuggler in your vid for instance, was turned around by a huge TK throw that he tried to kite off (?) when he could've just vanished had he managed his CDs better.

I think with the Shadow/Sin changes still being fairly new, most people just haven't come up with counter strats yet. But that will change once ranked WZs roll around.
Fantastically Furious, lololol

((=((==((:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: >