Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

shockbroken water

Lerdoc
02.16.2012 , 05:46 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Vakyoom View Post
you clearly didnt read my OP, they could've made it so it doesn't work in stealth. That's all that needed to happen.

And again, ANYONE could get that item.

sense of entitlement comment is also hilarious. keep moving troll.
Anyone can get a gun and start shooting people as well.
Do that excuse the ones who actually go and do it?

Its same case here, massive exploit was fixed, exploiter is buthurt.
Nothing more needs to be said, move on and if you want heals bring a healer, if you want healing medals roll a healer.

Jimra
02.16.2012 , 05:47 PM | #22
OP is probably one of the ones who predicted SWTOR would fail because they fixed slicing.

I'm sure you'll manage the huge hardship now this blatant exploit has been fixed.

DrIzzt-DoUrden
02.16.2012 , 05:50 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Vakyoom View Post
you clearly didnt read my OP, they could've made it so it doesn't work in stealth. That's all that needed to happen.

And again, ANYONE could get that item.

sense of entitlement comment is also hilarious. keep moving troll.
I quoted your OP and definitely read it. I also provided a possible solution Bioware should look into concerning the Warzone & Rakata Medpacs as they heal for a lot and do not provide any of the medals the Pure Shockfrozen Water did.

Making it so it doesn't work in stealth is probably a lot more difficult to do than you think. Making it a 1 time use I would imagine is a lot easier to do than you might think.

The reason I say that is they have claimed to have fixed issues in their patch notes like say for example the not getting credit for a win bug ... that has been mentioned in their patch notes before and the bug still existed for a time. So this goes to show you that they can 'fix something' and test it and then put it on the live servers only to find out it is still not working as intended.

Which brings us back to why they made the water thingy a 1 time use. Why bother trying to code it so that you cannot use it in stealth? when you could just make the Warzone / Rakata Medpacs provide players with the same medals .... making the item a 1 time use is step 1 in my opinion. They need to follow up by enabling the Warzone / Rakata Medpacs to provide players with healing medals if they are in fact healing themselves for the required amount.

You're clearly so worked up over 2 medals Bioware has taken away from your warzones ... its not that bad.

Antipodes
02.16.2012 , 05:51 PM | #24
These topics show that there are people who will argue for any broken mechanic as long as they benefit from it.

Do you really think a non-consumable *quest* item that heals for 50% instantly out of combat isn't too good? Not to mention the two free medals it gave, one of which is difficult for even healers to obtain.

Just because everyone could benefit from it doesn't mean it isn't broken.

Ethurian
02.16.2012 , 05:52 PM | #25
Anytime I get a negative debuff applied to my character, I just right-click it. Working as intended right?

Actually you can't.

But you could with the water.

But even better, they removed the heal medals from using medpacks in warzones. Water still gives non-healing classes healing medals. Must be working as intended. I don't know about everyone else, but I hate having to use situational awareness. Waiting those horrid 15 seconds or so to regen fully after a fight. It's like, what gives? Does Bioware really expect us to have the mental capacity for something this difficult?
Ethurian Landa
Attendez de la crème.
I love rumors! Facts can be so misleading, where rumors, true or false, are often revealing.

DrIzzt-DoUrden
02.16.2012 , 05:55 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Ethurian View Post
Anytime I get a negative debuff applied to my character, I just right-click it. Working as intended right?

Actually you can't.

But you could with the water.

But even better, they removed the heal medals from using medpacks in warzones. Water still gives non-healing classes healing medals. Must be working as intended. I don't know about everyone else, but I hate having to use situational awareness. Waiting those horrid 15 seconds or so to regen fully after a fight. It's like, what gives? Does Bioware really expect us to have the mental capacity for something this difficult?
People use to get medals for using medpacs? I've been playing since launch and have never got a medal for using a medpac.

I did not know about this. That totally bursts my bubble about how they should look into making warzone / rakata medpacs provide players with medals then.

Vakyoom
02.16.2012 , 05:56 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Lerdoc View Post
Anyone can get a gun and start shooting people as well.
Do that excuse the ones who actually go and do it?

Its same case here, massive exploit was fixed, exploiter is buthurt.
Nothing more needs to be said, move on and if you want heals bring a healer, if you want healing medals roll a healer.
ha **** duuude you're comparing apples and pick-up trucks man... get your sh*t together lol.

oi, either way the exploit you're talking about isn't even removed, just one use per item... it's just like using a single-shot pistol instead of a revolver, right?? that's using your bass-ackwards analogy buddy, you're a smart one.

as i said, i'll go back to waiting 25 sec to get out of combat, then 15 sec for channel hatred to get me back to full health and back in the game, but it was nice to not have to wait even longer to get back in the fight and pick up extra valor.

But no, you'd rather have people pick up extra valor by taking all their gear off and self healing instead of actually playing. That makes more sense to leave alone instead of doing this to the water. They should've just removed the heal altogether but i guess it's used for a recipe isn't it...

plus they'd rather have it glitch out and not heal me for it's single use, instilling even more fun to the situation, amirite?!

Delavager
02.16.2012 , 05:59 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Antipodes View Post
These topics show that there are people who will argue for any broken mechanic as long as they benefit from it.

Do you really think a non-consumable *quest* item that heals for 50% instantly out of combat isn't too good? Not to mention the two free medals it gave, one of which is difficult for even healers to obtain.

Just because everyone could benefit from it doesn't mean it isn't broken.
These topics show that nobody can read.

80% of the responses on this thread didn't bother to read or consider what the OP was saying.

He is saying the nerf to Shockfrozen Water was NEEDED, just they went OVERBOARD. Which is 100% true.

Instead of fixing the problem, they made ShockFrozen water completely useless. Lets take PvP out of the equation, it is now also useless in PvE. There is no scenario that makes it worth it to spend the time to gain the item, especially since you cannot stack them.

What the OP is saying is that there are ALTERNATE ways the ShockFrozen Water could have been nerffed that would have been better like making it unusable in stealth or even unusable when flagged for PvP. This would still allow the Item to be useful outside of PvP while alleviating issues with it's abuse in PvP.

None of you guys ever read...ever.

LEARN TO READ!
Comprehensive list of Tricks, Hints, and Tips for Warzones. You might learn something new!

Vakyoom
02.16.2012 , 06:00 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by DrIzzt-DoUrden View Post
I quoted your OP and definitely read it. I also provided a possible solution Bioware should look into concerning the Warzone & Rakata Medpacs as they heal for a lot and do not provide any of the medals the Pure Shockfrozen Water did.

Making it so it doesn't work in stealth is probably a lot more difficult to do than you think. Making it a 1 time use I would imagine is a lot easier to do than you might think.

The reason I say that is they have claimed to have fixed issues in their patch notes like say for example the not getting credit for a win bug ... that has been mentioned in their patch notes before and the bug still existed for a time. So this goes to show you that they can 'fix something' and test it and then put it on the live servers only to find out it is still not working as intended.

Which brings us back to why they made the water thingy a 1 time use. Why bother trying to code it so that you cannot use it in stealth? when you could just make the Warzone / Rakata Medpacs provide players with the same medals .... making the item a 1 time use is step 1 in my opinion. They need to follow up by enabling the Warzone / Rakata Medpacs to provide players with healing medals if they are in fact healing themselves for the required amount.

You're clearly so worked up over 2 medals Bioware has taken away from your warzones ... its not that bad.
2 medals? no its not worth posting over two medals. i've said it before, it was the re-entry time into combat.

And coding uses requirements for things to happen. So they could require you to not be stealthed in order to use the water. Or just take the heal away altogether, since it doesnt even say that it does it.

Not saying anything about it on the patch notes + changing it in a really inefficient way was awful. Now even the artificers have to make multiple trips between planets for their special color crystals.

It was just done poorly, as are most split second, un-tested, community driven decisions that developer teams do all the time.

edit- TO THE GUY ABOVE ME: thank you, someone finally understand/reads words. bravo

Lerdoc
02.16.2012 , 06:01 PM | #30
TOR is a team game. Not your ultimate duel fest.
Again, want heals, bring a healer, want healing medals, roll a healer.

Now, let it sink....

Quote: Originally Posted by Delavager View Post
Instead of fixing the problem, they made ShockFrozen water completely useless. Lets take PvP out of the equation, it is now also useless in PvE. There is no scenario that makes it worth it to spend the time to gain the item, especially since you cannot stack them.
Do you even have idea what its real use is? Its still useful for ITS INTENDED PURPOSE.
Let me give you a hint: its not for free instant healing on WZ on 10s CD.