Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Why there is so much QQ and this game is dying!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Why there is so much QQ and this game is dying!

Fidopro's Avatar


Fidopro
02.16.2012 , 05:32 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by ErnieVega View Post
right the game is dying... thats why they are launching in 4 more territories in like 2 weeks... 2 million subs is a big time failure, so is having 2 major content updates within the first 3 months of launch.

People are impatient and entitled, give it time...
dude but the fleet only has 50 players on their server atm so your point is invalid

Spartanik's Avatar


Spartanik
02.16.2012 , 05:32 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Mirdthestrill View Post
Yes, but you need to inflict your disappointment on all of us why...?
because he is a 40 year old virgin that needs to feel good about himself on the internet.
On video games forums. In his world he doesnt understand that other people have diferent tastes, and diferent lifes, that dont need his elitist craps for nothing, and couldnt care less what he thinks its best on gaming. But alas he have to make himself heard on his peseudo gamer elitist of what is best in video games. because he cleary knows best. But for some reason he still linger and cares about this game... go wonder.

Quote:
You can't even bring party members on to your ship I mean ***, it's an
MMO right!!
Wrong yes you can. You just dont know how. Its not their fault that you dont know how.
Quote:
f that's what they want to do fine but before release they said innovative, they lied.
they did inovate, they join the biowares cinematic story telling experience into a a regular MMO. Its just ppl were expecting inovation on the regular MMO part. For a long time, way before swtor comes along. BUt they didnt said that they were making a revolution on MMo genre. All they said was making kotor 1,2,3,4,5 etc into a MMO. On the MMO part it seems like anyother. And also ppl need to grow up a bit and understand what is marketing and pr talk and what it is to be expected.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Also
Quote:
HK47: Statement: You are like a delightful random cruelty generator, master, poisoning all you touch with your presence. You are a testament to all organic meatbags everywhere.

KyoMamoru's Avatar


KyoMamoru
02.16.2012 , 05:37 PM | #23
Also, don't forget that servers become more optimized while players begin to play at different times. When the game first came out, everyone was playing as much as possible, and it was the holiday season. Now, players have reached the point where they are logging in at various times, rather than the moment they get off work. Throw in the fact that servers are better equipped to handle the strains [server infrastructure assets moved from Light servers to Heavy ones], and sites that rely on the information become relatively inaccurate.

Jalal's Avatar


Jalal
02.16.2012 , 05:38 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Spartanik View Post
because he is a 40 year old virgin that needs to feel good about himself on the internet.
On video games forums. In his world he doesnt understand that other people have diferent tastes, and diferent lifes, that dont need his elitist craps for nothing, and couldnt care less what he thinks its best on gaming. But alas he have to make himself heard on his peseudo gamer elitist of what is best in video games. because he cleary knows best. But for some reason he still linger and cares about this game... go wonder.
Hey bro your posting on the forums answering my thread, takes one to know one I guess.

Personal insults aside my point is not that I have proof it is dying other than witnessing less people online personally, my point is I think it will die because people have played WOW and there is actually less innovation here to keep people interested.

It's more of a novelty now than a STAR WARS!!

SpaceGaunt's Avatar


SpaceGaunt
02.16.2012 , 05:39 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by darth_knine View Post
Log on to game and look for yourself, try to find group outside of your buddies, look at horrible pvp situation...just use your brain. 50 content is horrible, most of 1.7 mil have reached 50, those that arent retarded realize 50 content is terrible and unsubed...over next few month swtor will be bleeding subs. They are launching to new markets in march so that will keep em float little longer but eventually they will settle in around 200-300k subs if tgey are lucky.
I HONESTLY don't have too much trouble finding people for a group. Obviously i'm lying (To a SPECIAL few).

To the bold- Are you serious? So you're saying they are launching to other areas because they are dying? I would think they would do like any other corporation and expand to different regions beyond the Western World...

corjoad's Avatar


corjoad
02.16.2012 , 05:39 PM | #26
Maybe it is a question of expectations. I picked this game on a whim and didn't expect much, maybe that is why I was really pleasantly surprised.

I'm still playing and enjoying myself. However there have been games that I was dying for to come out. EQ2 stands out most in my mind. I had such high expectations and was horribly disappointed. So I can understand on some level what those of you who had built this game up might be feeling.

Objectively, I think its a pretty good game. It launched in a better and more complete state than most mmos, in my opinion. I like the story lines and I think the pvp is in pretty good shape for two months after launch. I'm not saying that there isn't room for improvement.

Also, I agree Warhammer is a great game for pvp, but unfortunately nobody plays it anymore.

We shall see what the future brings for SWTOR, but I am going stick around for a bit.

I don't think its the next huge thing everyone was expecting, but then again, I don't know that Tera or GW2 will be either.

If you are having fun, keep playing, if not take a break.

Cheers to all.

denpic's Avatar


denpic
02.16.2012 , 05:40 PM | #27
Soon to be released in Aus and
We're getting local servers this alone will pull players
From the Australasia community

Also my guild has over
30 Members avg online most days and all Are pretty happy with the game
We fp hm ops and wz ilum
People are playing the game and having fun

Spartanik's Avatar


Spartanik
02.16.2012 , 05:41 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Jalal View Post
Hey bro your posting on the forums answering my thread, takes one to know one I guess.

Personal insults aside my point is not that I have proof it is dying other than witnessing less people online personally, my point is I think it will die because people have played WOW and there is actually less innovation here to keep people interested.

It's more of a novelty now than a STAR WARS!!
Well sry but calling retard to anyone that is enjoying this game for whataver reason doesnt seem a good way to make an argument. So yeah i responded in kind.
I dont feel the game is dying at least not in my server anyhow. in Imperial fleet just now was 266 ppl.
But if it is, the diference i dont find that a greater issue for the most part. rift and other MMOs are just like wow and they are pretty much alive. So that is why i dont worry to much. And swtor has manny manny servers. pop is way spread out too.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Also
Quote:
HK47: Statement: You are like a delightful random cruelty generator, master, poisoning all you touch with your presence. You are a testament to all organic meatbags everywhere.

Frogstomp's Avatar


Frogstomp
02.16.2012 , 05:44 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Evuke View Post
queues are gone
lolllllll @ using a flexible feature as measurement for quality.

mandrillagon's Avatar


mandrillagon
02.16.2012 , 05:45 PM | #30
The game is not dying. I can understand why forums are filled with negativity because most of us who continue to enjoy the game and look forward to TOR evolving into an even greater masterpiece over time are actually playing.

There is only a very small segment of the player population that can do nothing but theory craft their prophecy of doom about the game.