Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Anyone else finding the consular story...very dry?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Anyone else finding the consular story...very dry?

krystianswtor
04.29.2012 , 09:27 AM | #31
I heard the Consular story is very very very very good. What gives?

Clonedzero
04.29.2012 , 11:11 AM | #32
the consular story IS pretty good. its just not to the taste of alot of people.

the consulars story isn't being the hero that rushes in and beats up the badguy and saves the day. its about building alliances, finding cures. dealing with politics and diplomacy. all of which are done fairly well. its just theres not as many big action set pieces as other classes so people think its boring cus they were apparently raised on michael bay movies.

i have no problem with the consulars story, i actually like it alot. i just find the male voice actor to be extremely bland and the companions to be pretty boring as well. i only really liked theran and nadia the rest were pretty boring.

blooddodo
04.29.2012 , 11:25 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by KCWayne View Post
So i'm just starting out with consular and somehow my Jedi master has dissapeared. I'm only level five. The other thing that's happening is that anytime I go into the temple, the game glitches and I can hardly move around the place...any suggestions?
Well she is an archaeologist, she tends to move around
As for the temple glitch you're better off writing about it in the Customer Service forum.
You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?
dA gallery

Rhadamanthine
04.29.2012 , 11:54 AM | #34
I wish there was a bit more actual diplomacy and less 'I just killed this idiot and stopped his stupid plans, now play nice people'-diplomacy, but other than that it's ok.

I kind of love how it's possible to play up the irritatingly serene Jedi Master stereotype before you even become a Master, considering the Consular is told from beginning that he/she is so great in the Force and then can become a perfect little Padawan who graduates to becoming a perfect little Jedi who is raised to being a perfect little Master. Except for the incident with those Force sensitive Dark Side Rakghouls - I can never resist exterminating them all (especially as a Shadow). They're just too far for even that perfect little Jedi. Stop abusing me game.

Cookie--Monster
04.29.2012 , 01:16 PM | #35
YES! I played the consular story all the way through and as i was playing through it i always persuaded myself that it would get better but it just dosent. After having experienced the other class storys i can say without a doubt that the cosnular story is the worst class story available! Especially act 2 which i thought was a complete joke

Uathach
04.29.2012 , 03:26 PM | #36
Personally, I really enjoyed it. I'll admit it might be a little too cerebral, but I'm a raging nerd for mind puzzles so I had fun with it. And there were some interesting surprises I wasn't expecting, where you really have to consider what the possible outcomes might be. For example, on Balmorra,

Spoiler

Quote: Originally Posted by lcemaster View Post
I actually like the consular story. On Nar Shaada I thought there were funny parts

Spoiler
Oh good heavens this. Nar Shaddaa was one of the best parts of the class story. I was particularly amused when

Spoiler

It's highly YMMV; it really depends on what you want out of a story. You stand a better chance of liking this one the nerdier you are.
So as I pray... UNLIMITED BOULDER WORKS!

OldVengeance
04.29.2012 , 06:27 PM | #37
Having completed most of Act 1, I can't say I didn't enjoy it so far.

Ashu-ri
04.30.2012 , 11:21 AM | #38
Truthfully, for me, the first Chapter I liked, but after that....and even on the first Chapter - it was hard to keep my actions light sided. After that, it just didn't flow the way the rest of my characters have. I got her to 50, but it was difficult, at least to me. And I didn't even realize how much of one until at Belsalvis level, I took a break from her to roll a trooper and level her up to 50. I don't have any other republic 50's yet out of all four classes, simply because I'm enjoying my IA so much more.

FlinzPrime
04.30.2012 , 12:32 PM | #39
Well it wasn't so bad I think. It's quite accurate because as consular you shouldn't expect same kind action as Knight. However if you think they should have made more special candy just for game. Perhaps. Personally I wished more political play. Would have been cool go around different planets to ensure their loyalty and make sure they understand how much better republic is compared to empire.

Colyer
04.30.2012 , 02:11 PM | #40
Chapter 1 sucks. Most Chapter 1s aren't all that, since they're just meant to establish your character as important before the real fun begins.

That said, Chapter 2 and 3 aren't brilliant. Mildly satisfying with some moments of note. It's pretty understated until you hit Corellia with a very Day in the Life feel. It has terrible moments,
Spoiler
and it has good ones,
Spoiler
but all in all it's never great.

A lot of missed potential for the JC in my opinion.