Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PVP Darkness Hybrid?

Coogihat
02.19.2012 , 05:34 PM | #21
What a toss-up between Dark Embrace and Death Field. I know Death Field can be quite good as a situational skill. But Dark Embrace has loads of value too, especially with 2 points in it.

As you said, DF might just be too costly without 2 points in Fantacism, making it more practical to forget about DF and just go 2/2 into Embrace.

Lol, I'll just try it all and pick what plays best for me. Thanks for all the info, really useful stuff.

ZakPreston
02.19.2012 , 06:58 PM | #22
And what about 22/19/0 Hybrid Darkness/Deception utility build?

I doesn't make much damage, but utility and survivability are supposed to be fine. And should I use Tank-PvP set or DD PvP set? Utility is the very thing that makes me happy about assassin.
I'm a 40lvl n00b atm.

theeliteninja
02.20.2012 , 10:03 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by ZakPreston View Post

I doesn't make much damage, but utility and survivability are supposed to be fine. And should I use Tank-PvP set or DD PvP set? Utility is the very thing that makes me happy about assassin.
I'm a 40lvl n00b atm.
That is a god awful spec. Deception USED to be a good go into spec but they changed how induction works. With out induction it is pointless. I used to do pretty good damage with maul and such, but they nerfed it now Darkness/Madness build is the only viable way.
Old-<Cali Killed Nox>-Assassin-Pot5
(▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀!!▀Ξ[▀(Θ)▀]Ξ▀!!▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

Cowflab
02.20.2012 , 10:40 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by theeliteninja View Post
That is a god awful spec. Deception USED to be a good go into spec but they changed how induction works. With out induction it is pointless. I used to do pretty good damage with maul and such, but they nerfed it now Darkness/Madness build is the only viable way.
It isn't the only viable way... You're just playing deception wrong. I have played the 23/0/18(pre hybrid nerf), 27/2/12(best hyrid right now), and 2/31/8. All worked just fine if you know what you're doing. You just can't be as careless with your attacks and set up running full deception.

theeliteninja
02.20.2012 , 11:06 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Cowflab View Post
You're just playing deception wrong.
This is the DARKNESS Hybrid thread. I said the "go into spec" meaning after you get your main talents into DARKNESS, dont go into deception. I never said deception is bad. I have a guildie that is good with a deception build. I am saying as a DARKNESS hybrid, going to deception is not viable anymore.

Cowflab
02.20.2012 , 11:11 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by theeliteninja View Post
This is the DARKNESS Hybrid thread. I said the "go into spec" meaning after you get your main talents into DARKNESS, dont go into deception. I never said deception is bad. I have a guildie that is good with a deception build. I am saying as a DARKNESS hybrid, going to deception is not viable anymore.
Ok, we are in agreement then. The only real viable darkness/deception hybrid before was the high regen maul spec, and viable was a stretch for that. The trees just don't synergize very well.

theeliteninja
02.20.2012 , 11:12 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Cowflab View Post
Ok, we are in agreement then. The only real viable darkness/deception hybrid before was the high regen maul spec, and viable was a stretch for that. The trees just don't synergize very well.
Yea, I loved using maul and such, especially for arena matches. I do like the change into madness though.

MatthewKurucar
12.29.2012 , 03:01 AM | #28
Is dark ward viable in pvp these days?

thefishdude
12.29.2012 , 10:49 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by aZShiftyZa View Post
I know they did some nerfs to make hybrids more difficult and somewhat unviable. I've been messing around a bit. Right now I'm a lvl 46 dual shock decep assassin and have been since day 1, I love deception but I wouldn't mind trying something new. I put this together to try to take as much PVP relevancy as I could. This is strictly for PVP with no end game PVE content being considered. What are you thoughts and critiques. I haven't tried it yet but the overall appearance to me looks pretty solid.

This is also assuming you're using dark charge as well, not lightning.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#20...bskZ0MZf0for.1
Help me understand why you put two points into Insulation if you're running Dark Charge??
Forum Warrior Apprentice

thefishdude
12.29.2012 , 10:53 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by ZakPreston View Post

I'm a 40lvl n00b atm.

You really won't do a lot of damage in this spec. HOWEVER, for Huttball, I actually run a derivation of the spec you put up. It does awful damage, but the survivability is outstanding for Huttball (run a shield gen with this spec too).

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#20...rckZfhbRkbZb.2
Forum Warrior Apprentice