Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PVP Darkness Hybrid?

Coogihat
02.19.2012 , 08:21 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Lowerydro View Post
27/1/13

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#20...rskdZoZf0cRb.1

I have tried spec after spec in pvp. Generally I go from darkness to trying deception/madness then back to darkness. Deception and madness are disappointing every time.

Not having harnessed darkness basically makes force lightning useless for a sin.

Not having claws of decay makes thrash very weak and almost useless for the force cost.

Getting both leaves you with a great toolset.

Getting wither simply costs too many points that can go into very effective skills. Wither itself hits for about 1k at most in pvp and the speed debuff isn't as useful as simply using force slow.

Death field is not a spamming ability, it is a tool. When an enemy stealths, runs, roots, or when you need to just pop a long range target (or interrupt) you use it. I also use it as an opener if I'm running in on someone, but save it if already on them.

Harnessed darkness still works great without wither thanks to the new change that gives it a 30 second timer. You can use your thrash more since you have claws of decay and that procs energize more, letting you shock more frequently, letting you build harnessed darkness faster. HD still does the same thing, and honestly I find myself using it just as often as I did as a full darkness build.

Light targets get trashed fast... 2k+ thrash crits, 2.5k shocks, 2.5k death field, 6.5k HD FL.... even higher with relics and adrenals.
This seems like a very nice spec DPS wise.

One question: you don't miss having Dark Embrace? For quick force regen after a fight?

Or is it better to spend that last point somewhere else (since you have Blood of the Sith anyway).

MrSteak
02.19.2012 , 08:34 AM | #12
I'd personally go with dark embrace because you can open out of stealth and have nearly limitless Force for 6 seconds. Seriously, it regens so damn fast that you almost can't run out.

The first time I tried a hybrid build like this I was amazed at how much better I did than with a 31 darkness build.

Coogihat
02.19.2012 , 09:20 AM | #13
I'm still up in arms about getting Harnessed Darkness or forgoing it and going for Haunted Dreams.

From my exp as a Sorc, insta-whirlwind is extremely useful in all situations.

So is HD really that good?

Pwnyride
02.19.2012 , 09:42 AM | #14
Crits for 1200-1800 per tick depending on gear and gives back 9% of your health? yea its that good.... U get to use it seriously every 10 secs or less. Its alot of healing.
(▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀]╬[Pwnyride]╬{▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

Coogihat
02.19.2012 , 09:55 AM | #15
Thanks, I'm trying to go for high single-target dmg, so Harnessed Darkness it is then

Talon_Starfire
02.19.2012 , 10:38 AM | #16
What about this? I believe it was mentioned already.
Thanks
May the Gray Jedi Order Prevail Server: Prophecy of the Five
Looking for Sith guild.
Jhornak - Sith Assassin Zarchon - Jedi Shadow Cadezann - Smuggler Vistani -Trooper

Lowerydro
02.19.2012 , 12:11 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Coogihat View Post
This seems like a very nice spec DPS wise.

One question: you don't miss having Dark Embrace? For quick force regen after a fight?

Or is it better to spend that last point somewhere else (since you have Blood of the Sith anyway).
Not really.... for my style the spec works better for me. When I want to maul (somewhat rare) it is up and ready. 9/10 I don't even look for the proc, I just use it as needed and it is there.

Those few seconds of regen are nice but since you can't get the blackout skill once you are in a fight you get no benefit from it.

Coogihat
02.19.2012 , 03:42 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Talon_Starfire View Post
What about this? I believe it was mentioned already.
Thanks
I was going for something along these lines too.

I'm wondering though: how effective is Swelling Shadows? Compared to skills like Shroud of Darkness and Electric Execution?

Shroud of Darkness seems meh cause it's only 3% end boost. Electric Execution seems pretty nice though.

Pwnyride
02.19.2012 , 04:42 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Coogihat View Post
I was going for something along these lines too.

I'm wondering though: how effective is Swelling Shadows? Compared to skills like Shroud of Darkness and Electric Execution?

Shroud of Darkness seems meh cause it's only 3% end boost. Electric Execution seems pretty nice though.
With a spec like this u willl RARELY ever use discharge. In dark charge it just doesnt do enough dmg to make it worthwhile. I would move those points from swelling into 1% endurance and an extra 3% to spike/dart target dmg.

U literally spam shock and thrash until u get 3 HD charges and then pop FL.

Ive thought about sacing dark embrace for deathfield but without 2 in fanaticism, i still feel deathfield is too costly at the sacrifice of some unreal force regen coming outta stealth.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200rsMokrskrZZf0cRd.1

would be more optimal if u really want deathfield.

Pwnyride
02.19.2012 , 04:44 PM | #20
double post