Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Light Side Sith: Anti-Villain?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Light Side Sith: Anti-Villain?

OldVengeance
10.04.2012 , 04:48 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by errant_knight View Post
It really depends on your character. My warrior is my only 100% LS character and what he does, he does to keep the people of the empire safe and prevent genocide by the republic. He's a hero, not an anti-villain. Yes, he believes that the empire is better than the republic, a bulwark against inevitable chaos, decadence and hypocrisy that would be the result of Republic rule, although it's in dire need of change at the top which he has every intention of making happen. Thing is, that doesn't really matter in determining what kind of a character they are, just what they do and why. Whether it's a hopeless task has no bearing on the character's nature.
You're Sith Warrior might earnestly believe that the Empire is morally better than the Republic but he'd be wrong. Unless he skipped most of the Imperial planets' main questlines, I really can't see how any Imperial characters can be heros after all the things they did and innocent people they killed. At least not in the traditional sense.

THorsblood
10.05.2012 , 10:30 PM | #42
All my toons are Lightside...though i do tend to make Darkside options when i feel it fits (or i'm in a bad mood lol)
As for my Imp toons they think the empire is better morally than the rep due to propaganda, the emperor, and being raised imp, but by the time they finish their last class quests, they see the empire as the evil thing it is, and wish they could defect... but the big floaty ghost head called Bioware says they can't so they grudgingly stay imp

Wish our own toons could be companions, i could make my Sith Mara, and shadow the padawan of my sage and Guardian trooper could use my snipers intell+join havok, and my smuggler could team up with my Bounty hunter and smuggle goods for the rep, and take out bounties on wanted Imps

Though i just noticed i'm a bit off topic by now so i'll shut up now....err stop typing
"Killing is bad and wrong. There should be a new stronger word for killing like Bad-wrong or Badong. Yes killing is Badong." ~ The Chosen One ~ Kung Pow