Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.1.4 - Mortar Volley fix anytime soon?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
1.1.4 - Mortar Volley fix anytime soon?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

xpactor
02.19.2012 , 05:12 PM | #21
i think the fixes and content are already there. theyre just waiting to roll it in one go with 1.2 to lure people to resubscribe. then they will hold some content again for 1.3, 1.4 etc for people to resub again lol.

garbageeater
02.19.2012 , 11:58 PM | #22
Honestly i think it should be a targeted ability. Right now it is way to easy to avoid it. It has a great dmg but you cant just randomly use it. The only time i do use it is to defend a gate or node.

SchuneiderMidas
02.20.2012 , 05:02 AM | #23
stop trolling guys
it isnt easy to fix these, they took 2 month still no clue. or at least will be for next month.
chill it
Arrows to the knees EVERYWHERE

daiddu
02.20.2012 , 06:35 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by xpactor View Post
i think the fixes and content are already there. theyre just waiting to roll it in one go with 1.2 to lure people to resubscribe. then they will hold some content again for 1.3, 1.4 etc for people to resub again lol.
Yeah, cause I know a lot of people left because mortar volley wasn't an instant ability and are waiting to resub once it's fixed...

daiddu
02.20.2012 , 06:39 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
We have a new set of animations in the development pipeline that will even the timing between the class abilities, yes.

As for timing, at the latest these new animations will roll out with the next major content patch, 1.2.
The funny thing is he didn't say that this skill would be instant. I will laugh my *** off if the put a delay in the bh animation to match ours! Mortars don't fire and land at the same time, btw

anedorivan
02.20.2012 , 10:41 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by ProfessorWalsh View Post
This bothers me personally...

Every one of the animation issues favors the Empire. Personally I'd like an explanation about how something like that accidentally happens?

More specifically:
How did that make it to live? I know it was reported in the early days of beta.

A lot of players have been pointing out that all of the faction balancing ability issues favor the Empire. The one that favored the Republic (double ticking the Sage heal) was emergency hot fixed.

So far:
Mortar animation
Double taps by the Imperial canons in Alderaan Warzone
Sage Project ability

All favor the Empire.

Yet there are horrific bugs that only impact the Republic.

Don't get me started on the sheer heck it was getting the +10 datacron for the Republic vs the virtual ease on the Empire side.

Yet the two issues that negatively impacted the Empire:

1. The Void Star bug.
2. Double tapping the AoE consular heal.

Were both instantly fixed. This doesn't need to wait until 1.2 this needs to be done ASAP and more effort needs to go into addressing issues the Republic has rather than addressing issues the Empire has.
Don't forget that The Juggernaut's sundering assault cooldown is 4.5 seconds while the Guardian version has a cooldown of 5 seconds.
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
Anedorivan is an honorary member of Havoc Squad. The man can easily take what he dishes out.
"The only ones who should kill, are those prepared to be killed" Lelouch Vi Brittania.

uziforyou
02.20.2012 , 10:54 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post
So i see from the notes another week goes by without you tweaking the timings on Mortar Volley (Trooper) so that its the same as Death From Above (Bounty Hunter).

Cant be that hard to fix can it? And its been bug reported many many wonderful times... </lassard>

its not as if we're asking for something in the same realm of difficulty as making ilum a viable and fun endgame for PVPers.. OHSNAP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkL2rjeYKbw
There are literally thousands of issues in the game that need addressing. What's really amazing is that everyone thinks that THEIR issue should have priority.

Sorry, as much as some feel that this animation thing with troopers is game breaking (at least in PvP) it's just going to have to wait it's turn. No game company can ever move fast enough for the masses. Proven once again.
"When you're bleeding out in a ditch on some muckball planet it's not headquarters that comes to save you, it's the guy next to you."

ShiroRX
02.20.2012 , 01:02 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by daiddu View Post
The funny thing is he didn't say that this skill would be instant. I will laugh my *** off if the put a delay in the bh animation to match ours! Mortars don't fire and land at the same time, btw
It's pretty clear it's Mortar Volley which is incorrect, the damage doesn't even begin till half-way through the channel animation.
Sombrah - Zabrak Stoßtrupp
The Bastion

Sqyre
02.20.2012 , 08:53 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by ProfessorWalsh View Post
This bothers me personally...

Every one of the animation issues favors the Empire. Personally I'd like an explanation about how something like that accidentally happens?

More specifically:
How did that make it to live? I know it was reported in the early days of beta.

A lot of players have been pointing out that all of the faction balancing ability issues favor the Empire. The one that favored the Republic (double ticking the Sage heal) was emergency hot fixed.

So far:
Mortar animation
Double taps by the Imperial canons in Alderaan Warzone
Sage Project ability

All favor the Empire.

Yet there are horrific bugs that only impact the Republic.

Don't get me started on the sheer heck it was getting the +10 datacron for the Republic vs the virtual ease on the Empire side.

Yet the two issues that negatively impacted the Empire:

1. The Void Star bug.
2. Double tapping the AoE consular heal.

Were both instantly fixed. This doesn't need to wait until 1.2 this needs to be done ASAP and more effort needs to go into addressing issues the Republic has rather than addressing issues the Empire has.
I wonder if it is some conspiracy by bioware to secratly desensitse us to the evilness of those Imperials aye?

Werdan
02.22.2012 , 12:26 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by SchuneiderMidas View Post
stop trolling guys
it isnt easy to fix these, they took 2 month still no clue. or at least will be for next month.
chill it
It's been more than 2 months. This has been an ongoing issue for not only Trooper, but other classes as well for many months since beta (that I was in since 6-2010). Next month? Don't get your hopes up. I don't expect 1.2 to hit PTS until early April, with a live release a few weeks after IF (big if there) it gets tested enough, which as we know is nearly impossible without enough 50's on PTS.
TRACE
THUNDERHIPS
ISHKA
BRUTALIZE