Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How to fix kolto missle IMO

Orondo
02.16.2012 , 12:32 PM | #1
I agree that kolto missle is broken but for a different reason. The spell would be way more valuable if it functioned like other missle/dart effects for the Merc. The reason Mercs find it hard to use kolto missle is because the amount of time and steps it costs you to use the ability, versus the amount of healing you can do single target without it. If you could fire kolto missle at a target versus having to place the effect on the ground this would save time and also eliminate the concern for who it will hit, because you would have the ability to use it on the person most in need of the heal without having to take your eyes away from your healing bar. The missle would still use the aoe effect and hit two other players in range but would give you the ability to actually determine who you healed with the spell as well as save you some time when using the ability. While the three targets is a little weak a change to the mechanic would negate this becuase the ability is on a short enough coodown that it would make up for the lack of targets. You could actually spreadout the use throughout the party more frequently. You really have to ask yourself why it this the only missle effect for Mercs/BH that functions differently?

BIOWARE PLEASE TAKE NOTE!!!!
Bioware there is a bug.......What server and Character? .....This one?

DervimNorth
02.16.2012 , 12:59 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Orondo View Post
I agree that kolto missle is broken but for a different reason. The spell would be way more valuable if it functioned like other missle/dart effects for the Merc. The reason Mercs find it hard to use kolto missle is because the amount of time and steps it costs you to use the ability...
Keybinding, use it! Really, how hard can it be?! Point a mouse to the area where you want to throw your kolto missile and hit the key! It's almost fraggin instant.

If anything should be changed, it's that darn stupid 3 person limit removed and, maybe, some healing buffed.

ScuffleShuffle
02.16.2012 , 01:07 PM | #3
I have mine bound to R, with rapid scan at E and healing scan at Q. Makes it a lot more accessible to me.
While I do agree it would be nice to make it a 'target' ability, I like how you can cast it anywhere.

Orondo
02.16.2012 , 01:14 PM | #4
I use a razor naga so keybinding isn't an issue. The animation for the missle is slow some times, and again you can't choose who it heals in an operation if people are grouped up.
Bioware there is a bug.......What server and Character? .....This one?

ScuffleShuffle
02.16.2012 , 01:21 PM | #5
I have noticed there is a second or so from when you select the target area to when the missile is fired. So much for instant cast.

TempestasSilva
02.16.2012 , 02:14 PM | #6
My biggest complaint is you can't queue it up. Like you can other spells because of the targeting. But when I made a thread and asked the Merc Community about changing it, I was in the overwhelming minority as far as wanting it changed.
Devs: Please make healing more interesting and fun by increasing options and meaningful decisions. Let a good healer be judged by the decisions they make, not who pressed the buttons in a certain order. Or which class has the most output.

Brakner
02.16.2012 , 02:37 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by ScuffleShuffle View Post
I have noticed there is a second or so from when you select the target area to when the missile is fired. So much for instant cast.
That actually works in your favor, it causes the game to “overcompensate” with who can be hit by it. I target and fire at the Tank for the 5% buff right when he is jumping into battle. As the missile hits that spot, the tank is 30 feet ahead in combat but the DPS now arrives in the same place the tank was. Both the DPS and the Tank have the green numbers above their heads yet they are 30’ apart.

It’s almost as if it calculates the hit twice, when it is cast and when the missile arrives.
10 easy steps to stop procrastination.

BlownSi
02.16.2012 , 02:44 PM | #8
Kolto missile is fine minus the 3 person limit it hits. I posted a thread earlier about the fact that I feel it is healing harder than it was before the last patch, but it could just be my imagination. It would much more beneficial if it could hit 4 or 5 and not change its output to keep it balanced for pvp as well as pve.

Keybind it and go; very easy skill to use.
Harmeggido - J'anin - Zophie - Kaase
DaMG - The Shadowlands

vimm
02.16.2012 , 02:45 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Brakner View Post
That actually works in your favor, it causes the game to “overcompensate” with who can be hit by it. I target and fire at the Tank for the 5% buff right when he is jumping into battle. As the missile hits that spot, the tank is 30 feet ahead in combat but the DPS now arrives in the same place the tank was. Both the DPS and the Tank have the green numbers above their heads yet they are 30’ apart.

It’s almost as if it calculates the hit twice, when it is cast and when the missile arrives.
Yes, I found that beneficial as well. I like te ability a lot, I just wish it hit up to 5 people.
geeR
Phantom of the Operative

Isiimperial
02.16.2012 , 03:20 PM | #10
Like the having to target a area of the gaming field in order to use it (bound to middle mouse button).
Having it just use another on target select removes some of the interaction with the environment / encounter that Kolto brings vs sitting there clicking away at unit frames.

Gets even more fun in 8 / 16 mans as you need to keep track of where people are in the field more to use it.
Oh player 6 is low, he is around player 9 who is also low etc. Boom fire away.
I love even more seeing people running around, soon to converging on a spot and firing it their direction.