Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mod Gear for Companions

Malles
02.16.2012 , 08:33 AM | #1
So I'm screwing around on Nar Shaddaa when it occurs to me: If I can wear mod gear, maybe my companions can! So I run by an armor vendor and by a mod chest for Mako and find that it fits her.

Then, tragedy. Since her base stat is Cunning I assumed I could put Agent armor on her. Turns out, this is not the case. But I'd really like to get a full set of mod gear for her (I'm Cybertech, so keeping the slots filled won't be a problem), so I was hoping people could point me out to somewhere I can find mod gloves and pants and belts and boots and bracers and hats and yay mod gear!

Edit: Although, wouldn't mind Mako pantsless.
I used simple happy language words to help you understand.

Why yes, I have been a proud SWTOR Community member since August 2011. Why, wanna fight about it?

Turak_Katase
02.16.2012 , 08:44 AM | #2
You'll find gloves, pants, boots, and head gear from heroics, the the occasional planet story mission, or the commendation vendor. The belt and bracers are very rare, and I still haven't found one and I've raised two characters to 50 so far.
Turak Katase
Dark Jedi Sage
Red Republic

AsheraII
02.16.2012 , 08:44 AM | #3
Your companion can wear mod-gear, but not class-specific gear.
So if it just says "medium armor", you can dress up Mako in it. But when it also says "Imperial Agent" (or "Sith Warrior", "Jedi Knight" or "Smuggler" for that matter) you can not. Much like how you can't wear named companion gear, like Mako's, even if the armor class is right. But don't worry, there's plenty of generic modable gear around. Most commendation gear is not class-specific. I make Kaliyo wear gear that's designed for the Sith Warrior (comes with strength mods), but not limited to the Sith Warrior class all the time.
. . . . . . ▀‼▀▀▀▀
__=##(▀▀[Φ]▀▀▀▀‼‼▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀‼▀▀!
|####/ ( /==|####/

Malles
02.16.2012 , 09:52 AM | #4
Ouch. I was hoping for more mod gear found around the galaxy. Needing a moddable belt from an instance and cheating someone else out of it just seems mean.
I used simple happy language words to help you understand.

Why yes, I have been a proud SWTOR Community member since August 2011. Why, wanna fight about it?