Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Supreme Inquisitor's robe - still in game?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Supreme Inquisitor's robe - still in game?

Bobsy
02.16.2012 , 08:00 AM | #1
I've been a-grindin' for this piece of kit for a while now to no avail, and am seeing some other orange drops for the second or third time. I'm starting to wonder, as the set was almost certainly an oversight in its initial inclusion, has it been removed? Or am I just plum unlucky?

http://www.torhead.com/item/3CUD9nM/...quisitors-robe

If you've got it recently please let me know.

jkcheng
02.16.2012 , 10:26 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Bobsy View Post
I've been a-grindin' for this piece of kit for a while now to no avail, and am seeing some other orange drops for the second or third time. I'm starting to wonder, as the set was almost certainly an oversight in its initial inclusion, has it been removed? Or am I just plum unlucky?

http://www.torhead.com/item/3CUD9nM/...quisitors-robe

If you've got it recently please let me know.
I got 2, both from GTN. 1 was as recent as last week.

DarthRasp
02.16.2012 , 04:42 PM | #3
2 pieces on the GTN on my server as we speak. One of them was just added last week although I have not seen the robe for a very long time. Picked this entire set up a long time ago when it was dirt cheap. Jast time I saw the robe on there, it was going for over 150k. Who knows.

martinloo
02.17.2012 , 12:42 AM | #4
I've been wondering this too as i was farming for a while and absolutely no luck from either of the 3 mobs. Even GTN is totally bare on my server. some *** trying to sell saber marshall bracers for 250k.

I just wish they didn't make the saber marshall robe bind on pickup.

Shinybum
02.17.2012 , 03:41 PM | #5
Well, after three days of farming, dozens of other orange drops and spamming at the fleet and on Hoth (including openly offering a 100K bounty - that got people's attention!)... one shows up on the GTN for 12500 credits. Funny how these things work out, isn't it?

Facime
02.19.2012 , 05:53 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Shinybum View Post
Well, after three days of farming, dozens of other orange drops and spamming at the fleet and on Hoth (including openly offering a 100K bounty - that got people's attention!)... one shows up on the GTN for 12500 credits. Funny how these things work out, isn't it?
I had the same thing happen. Offered a bounty of 200K and ended up getting them off the GTN for 10K (someone had NO idea what they were worth)

Shinybum
02.19.2012 , 06:16 AM | #7
Sounds about right. The rarest drop in the game is the one you're after, eh?

Shaaris
03.05.2012 , 10:23 AM | #8
So just to bump this thread again. I am posting a guide to farming this elusive item. Here is a map that goes along with the lower description.

http://www.imgplace.com/img546/1043/...isitorsfar.jpg

Some things to keep in mind.

1. Its extremely rare, so don't give up.
2. Be prepared to dedicated time and a ton of effort
3. Be Level 45-50 (Almost a must)
4. DPS Companion to speed up the kills.

This guide has been created through my own experience. As you can see I have marked 3 places where mobs spawn that have a "chance" to drop the Robe. Obviously you'll want to go in order as marked as this makes your farming experience the most efficient. Group 3 is a filler so that the other two camps can spawn, but if you wish you can skip it all together and just farm between 1 and 2.

Hope this helps some people get their head around the respective areas.
"Everyone dies. It is the final and only lasting justice."
―Boba Fett

Altephor
03.05.2012 , 11:16 AM | #9
It's not on hoth.. drops on quesh.

Bobsy
03.05.2012 , 11:24 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Altephor View Post
It's not on hoth.. drops on quesh.
Absolutely untrue.

It is a WORLD DROP, which means it can drop from literally everything and anything within the correct level range. You have a much greater chance of getting blue/orange gear dropping from elites, and an even greater chance getting it from champions.

People (such as myself) farm the Talz War Veteran and Taskmaster because they are convenient, (relatively) easily killable and respawn pretty quickly. In fact, if you've been farming them as much as I had to you'll realise that there's a cap on the amount of times in a certain period you can loot a particular mob, in order to discourage this.

I got my robe a couple of weeks ago, and as soon as it dropped respecced from Deception to Darkness. I can honestly say I've never been happier playing my wonderful, wonderful Assassin. I even got a set of Imperial Guard armour for Andronikos. We are such a team.