Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pyrotech Mercenary with High Velocity Cylinder

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
Pyrotech Mercenary with High Velocity Cylinder

vimm
02.16.2012 , 04:09 AM | #1
35% Armor Penetration in exchange for the Combustible Gas Cylinder DoT and a 2 second snare upon a proc.

Thoughts?
geeR
Phantom of the Operative

LordConnery
02.16.2012 , 07:46 AM | #2
are you speaking in terms of pvp or pve?
Connery Lightbringer the Pure - Juggernaut - Immortal
GM of Brute Squad (Click for Recruitment)
Saber of Exar Kun

DarkenDragon
02.16.2012 , 08:20 AM | #3
........ your entire tree revolves around you having a dot up on the target to deal extra damage, if your gonna use HVC then why not just be an arsenal merc instead?

lijahrobinson
02.16.2012 , 11:32 AM | #4
I cant see doing this. The damage that your CGS does over a period of time is pretty darn high. If you don't believe me, just go into a warzone and accidently turn it off. As a Pyro, Railshot is your most important attack and its usable only against stunned targets or those taking periodic damage. Factor in that it resets the timer for you CGS DOT and you are really missing out on way more damage potential than you may think your gaining with the additional penetration the other set is giving you. Also, those dots are elemental damage and do more damage vs targets than your normal attacks (due to armor rating).

Yazule
02.16.2012 , 11:33 AM | #5
my thought is i would laugh at a pyro using it, laugh to myself mind you.. i wouldnt want to offend them
Remember this: Noobs have the most fun, they gain joy from things you disdain. They find value in that you find worthless. At the end of the day they have more fun per hour than any elitist I have ever known.

EthicsGradient
02.16.2012 , 11:40 AM | #6
Ehhh well you *could*, and use incendiary to keep the burn on. I wouldn't in pvp for sure, you'd miss the snare too much. In PVE I'd use support and supercharge rather than the armor pen if I wasn't using the flame proc gas.

lijahrobinson
02.16.2012 , 12:22 PM | #7
Heat management is way too important to be able to use incend missile as your primary source of DOTs to keep rail shot up. vs one or two opponents it would be fine but once you get into fights that last longer than 15 sec, your heat would be hurting.

Corran
02.16.2012 , 12:53 PM | #8
such a setup only works for powertech and vanguard who go assault and forgoe the dot cell for ion. they trade off increased armor (protection vs. kinetic and energy) for a snare

but for them, their ion cell applies the missing dot. you would have to rely on an expensive ability from pyrotech just so you could rail shot. i see it beeing too hard on heat
"No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect." - Corran Horn
http://www.twitch.tv/dixa1

bahdasz
02.16.2012 , 01:08 PM | #9
From experience, I can tell you...

Do not do it

vimm
02.16.2012 , 02:38 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by EthicsGradient View Post
Ehhh well you *could*, and use incendiary to keep the burn on. I wouldn't in pvp for sure, you'd miss the snare too much. In PVE I'd use support and supercharge rather than the armor pen if I wasn't using the flame proc gas.
Yes, I've been using Incendiary Missle for the DoT for Rail Shot, and the heat management is tougher, but with 35% armor penetration, everything spikes harder.

Sorry, I meant to mention, this is with regards to PvP specifcally.
geeR
Phantom of the Operative