Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Formal Apology to the Galactic Republic

Ardim
02.21.2012 , 09:16 PM | #251
Quote: Originally Posted by drfumblez View Post
WOAH, hey now, just because Florida's in the South doesn't make me southern. Florida is the North of the South. (just...just forget compass directions for the moment ) We are civilized part of the South. Just ask Ardim, I sound like I'm more from the Carolinas than the South.
Now, if we talk about Georgia/Alabama/Tennessee...
/Jedi Knighting though.
I've never even heard your voice

Anyways, do you want to read what I have for Thuzad so far?
The Alabaster Legacy
Server: Jedi Covenant
Isaac: Sith Marauder Skradin: Mercenary Washington: Operative

drfumblez
02.21.2012 , 09:18 PM | #252
Quote: Originally Posted by LogicLoup View Post
He has a point... with as many of our elderly as we ship down that way, Florida is practically a Canadian colony by now.
Oh God yes, our beaches are terrible. WAAAAY too many old people wearing suits they shouldn't, and no hot chicks wearing the ones they should.
That, and I burn way too easily.

Karaiblis
02.21.2012 , 09:19 PM | #253
Oh, yes please. Lets send that off. the more accurate we are, the better
The thing I keep twitching my fingers over is if I should edit at all. I don't mean any kind of narrative editing, I wouldn't dare do that to another's story; but for cases where a word like 'the' has been left out (this type of error is really extensive in some posts, a 'the' would not alter the story any, just the ease of reading), to give us a more polished story file to remember if we want when we are done. Then again, it would still be meddling, and the road to Dromund Kass is paved with good intentions and all (what am I saying, no it's not, it's paved in blood).

BTW: I know it's been mentioned by a few people, but how many of us have popped our RP cherry in this thread?
Passion Strength Power Victory Freedom
Kovrai Ebon Hawk Rysari
Subscription referral link for free stuff: http://www.swtor.com/r/DnTB8N

drfumblez
02.21.2012 , 09:20 PM | #254
Quote: Originally Posted by Ardim View Post
I've never even heard your voice

Anyways, do you want to read what I have for Thuzad so far?
Xbox Live, dude. ME3 demo.
You don't sound Chinese, though.

Sure, send it.

Quote: Originally Posted by Karaiblis View Post
The thing I keep twitching my fingers over is if I should edit at all. I do not mean any kind of literary editing in the least, I wouldn't dare do that to another's story; but for cases where a word like 'the' has been left out (this type of error is really extensive in some posts, a 'the' would not alter the story any, just the ease of reading), to give us a more polished story file to remember if we want when we are done. Then again, it would still be meddling, and the road to Dromund Kass is paved with good intentions and all (what am I saying, no it's not, it's paved in blood).

BTW: I know it's been mentioned by a few people, but how many of us have popped our RP cherry in this thread?
I have no problems whatsoever with grammar editing. Go ahead.

I popped mine RP in this thread. 'Bout the only one I've popped so far.
That sounds wrong coming from a dude.

Ardim
02.21.2012 , 09:21 PM | #255
Xbox Live, dude. ME3 demo.
You don't sound Chinese, though.

Sure, send it.
Oh right, I forgot.

Lol but I am. I was born here in the US though.

Sending.
The Alabaster Legacy

xWKSxTabor
02.21.2012 , 09:21 PM | #256
Sometimes where I'm from we just call Florida the northern retirement home Love it down there though, I have a bunch of family down there.

Since you guys are all doing theme songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm38Ojh61lY

I think it works for Proventus pretty well, plus I thought it was about time someone threw in a Rock song.

LogicLoup
02.21.2012 , 09:29 PM | #257
Quote: Originally Posted by Karaiblis View Post
The thing I keep twitching my fingers over is if I should edit at all. I do not mean any kind of literary editing in the least, I wouldn't dare do that to another's story; but for cases where a word like 'the' has been left out (this type of error is really extensive in some posts, a 'the' would not alter the story any, just the ease of reading), to give us a more polished story file to remember if we want when we are done. Then again, it would still be meddling, and the road to Dromund Kass is paved with good intentions and all (what am I saying, no it's not, it's paved in blood).
So long as intent is maintained, I'm all in favour of doing some cleaning for grammar and syntax.

Quote:
I got my start with Vampire: the Masquerade (I was young and stupid. DON'T JUDGE ME, OKAY?!) back in '96.

Oh, and so I don't keep forgetting... Barenaked Ladies - Falling for the First Time

"I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second that I am one of them."

Ardim
02.21.2012 , 09:29 PM | #258
Quote: Originally Posted by xWKSxTabor View Post
Sometimes where I'm from we just call Florida the northern retirement home Love it down there though, I have a bunch of family down there.

Since you guys are all doing theme songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm38Ojh61lY

I think it works for Proventus pretty well, plus I thought it was about time someone threw in a Rock song.
Nice
The Alabaster Legacy

Ardim
02.21.2012 , 09:37 PM | #259
Nar Shaddaa, Snubnose Cantina

Everything was the same as usual that day, all until a heavily armored man walked into the cantina and sat down.

"What can I get for you?" the bartender asked.

"Andoan ale. In a clean glass." the man replied. "Also, I'm looking for information on a target. Ever heard of a person called Darth Nox?"

Fear flickered briefly in the eyes of the bartender, but lasted only a second. Unknown to him, the man had noticed it.

"Can't say that I have." the bartender replied cautiously as he poured the drink.

"Really?" the man leaned forward and drank the ale in one gulp. " I can tell when people are lying. I'll rephrase my question: Where's the entrance to her base?"

"How did you even know her base is here?" the bartender sputtered nervously.

"Please," the man scoffed. "I'm the galaxy's greatest bounty hunter. What did you expect?"

The bartender's jaw dropped, "You're Skradin Alabaster?"

"The one and only. Look, how about I make you a deal: I'll save you a lot of pain if you just tell me where's the entrance."

The bartender gulped, fearing the wrath of the Sith lady if he told the bounty hunter, but at the same time, feared torture from the man in front of him. "But if I do, she'll kill me!"

"No she won't. Because she won't find out. I scanned for surveillance and hacked them all to play a loop before I walked in here." Skradin reassured. "So unless she has spies in this room..." he trailed off.

"She doesn't." sighed the bartender. "Fine, I'll tell you how to open the entrance. Head into the room behind me; the one full of crates. You have to push the square section of the wall next to the holopicture of the Hutt Cartel then trace the outline of the Cartel symbol to enter."

"Thanks." Skradin tossed a credit chip to the bartender, who caught it. "For the drink."

The bounty hunter did as instructed and the wall opened up in front of him.

"Now to show these people what bounty hunters are all about." he grinned.

He wandered the hallways, which were strangely empty. Soon he came upon a room that was completely dark.

"Definitely a trap. Oh well, at least I'll enjoy the looks on their faces when I bust out." he thought, a grin forming on his face.

He walked in and soon his instincts were right as the door locked behind him and the lights turned on to reveal at least a hundred Imperial troops pointing their blasters straight at him and at least a dozen Sith with sabers drawn. At the top of the platform overlooking the room stood Darth Nox.

"Well well well, don't you look a little lost?" mocked Darth Nox.

"Nah, I'm sure I ordered a vacation spot here, sweetheart." Skradin joked. "Looks like I'm in time for the main event: Blasting and relaxing."

"Indeed you are." Nox giggled. "Well, don't let me hold up the fun."

And with that she walked away, leaving Skradin to the Imperial troopers and Sith apprentices.

"Well.... Take your best shot." Skradin taunted and pulled out his two blasters.

OOC: Skradin's epic battle begins! Mwhahahaha!
The Alabaster Legacy

drfumblez
02.21.2012 , 09:40 PM | #260
Quote: Originally Posted by Ardim View Post
Nar Shaddaa, Snubnose Cantina

*stuff*
Wow, a hundred level 20s vs. one 50? How was that fair again?